Burberry Beauty

Medgal07

Lovely AWS. I'm loving the palette----I'm glad you bullied encouraged me to get it
th_kiss.gif

Medgal07

I thought I would like Tisse Rivoli more than Tisse Mademoiselle but (though I love the bronze in the YSL Fétiche palette) Tisse Mademoiselle became my favourite neutral palette... this Burberry No. 25 palette is reigning now lol
I used Tissé Rivoli three times last week. It was just easy and convenient.. I had to bar myself from using my Fétiche palette because I was reaching for it so often.
Should I have backed that up?? I need to reach for Tissé Mademoiselle and others more often. These are all really great palettes!!

Medgal07

What do folks think of the eyeshadow quads vs eyeshadows in terms of quality? I've heard some say the singles are better, but I really like the look of the dark spice quad.
So far Bronwyn I only have one Burberry quad,--------the Burberry Gold holiday quad and one single, Pale Barley. I love both. I don't think I have enough of either to
give you a reply. Hopefully some of the ladies with a longer history with the brand will chime in.

Bronwyn

So far Bronwyn I only have one Burberry quad,--------the Burberry Gold holiday quad and one single, Pale Barley. I love both. I don't think I have enough of either to
give you a reply. Hopefully some of the ladies with a longer history with the brand will chime in.
Good to know you like them both :) pale barley seems to be quite popular

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF]Lovely AWS.  I'm loving the palette----I'm glad you bullied encouraged me to get it[/COLOR]:kiss:  
Lol! I'm glad I was "weak" and ordered it after seeing one swatch lol
[COLOR=0000FF]   I used Tissé Rivoli three times last week.  It was just easy and convenient..  I had to bar myself from using my Fétiche palette because I was reaching for it so often.  [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   Should I have backed that [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]up??  I need to reach for Tissé Mademoiselle and others more often.  These are all really great palettes!![/COLOR]
You were so pleased with the Fétiche palette that I had to try it for myself and I'm glad I did!

eepeepburrah

I have many of the singles and five of the quads, and I have to say that overall the quality is there across the board. If I have to choose one over the other, I would pick the singles, though. The amount of product you get plus the quality and buttery-ness are present in I would say 95% of the singles are the key factors in that decision. There are a couple of matte shades that I feel are a little more powdery than the more satin shades, but it may be just that they are a little on the older side since I have had them for a while. But I have been really impressed by the quality in the last couple of quads that I have picked up. So I guess what I am saying is that you really can't go wrong with Burberry eyeshadows. :)

Bronwyn

I have many of the singles and five of the quads, and I have to say that overall the quality is there across the board. If I have to choose one over the other, I would pick the singles, though. The amount of product you get plus the quality and buttery-ness are present in I would say 95% of the singles are the key factors in that decision. There are a couple of matte shades that I feel are a little more powdery than the more satin shades, but it may be just that they are a little on the older side since I have had them for a while. But I have been really impressed by the quality in the last couple of quads that I have picked up. So I guess what I am saying is that you really can't go wrong with Burberry eyeshadows. :)
haha fights the urge not to get both. I'll probs get a quad most likely, just because I like having a full look in one, unless I end up liking the singles more

BlahWah

haha fights the urge not to get both. I'll probs get a quad most likely, just because I like having a full look in one, unless I end up liking the singles more
I've got a dozen singles and a handful of quads, both from the original release and the later quads... As eepeepburrah said it's pretty good all around, altho the chalky ones do bother me. I think the quads are becoming more consistent in quality so you can't go wrong with them.

ellyk

I heard from my Burberry SA that they are reformulating all single eyeshadows, and even renaming some of them (Trench -> Stone). Supposed to be better quality, but who knows... if anyone wants to stock up on any current colors, should do so soon (and maybe exchange for the new ones if you find them actually better). I saw a couple new very foily-shimmery colors, Optic White, Shell (bronzy peach), and a gold one. These eyeshadows should be for sale by end of Feb, after the Spring collection. And I believe Pale Pink (I think was the name?) is the only one being discontinued.

BlahWah

I heard from my Burberry SA that they are reformulating all single eyeshadows, and even renaming some of them (Trench -> Stone). Supposed to be better quality, but who knows... if anyone wants to stock up on any current colors, should do so soon (and maybe exchange for the new ones if you find them actually better). I saw a couple new very foily-shimmery colors, Optic White, Shell (bronzy peach), and a gold one. These eyeshadows should be for sale by end of Feb, after the Spring collection. And I believe Pale Pink (I think was the name?) is the only one being discontinued.
Foily-shimmery colours sound pretty! I better ask my brother to pick up Antique Rose before it's gone! I wish they wouldn't change the names. I guess it doesn't matter to new BurBeauty fans but I don't want to spend time pairing old shadows to new (or I'm just grumpy today because my kids wouldn't let me nap...lol..). Pale Pink was a bit difficult to work with so it won't be hard to say bye to that one. I would love to see the reformulation of Lavender Blue. It may just be on me but the gorgeous in-pan colour looks grey and tired on my eyes. =(

Medgal07

Good to know you like them both :) pale barley seems to be quite popular
PB is pretty versatile, you can pair it w/many shades & textures and it has good pigmentation & blendability----it's nice on its own with winged liner & a bright lippie.

Bronwyn

PB is pretty versatile, you can pair it w/many shades & textures and it has good pigmentation & blendability----it's nice on its own with winged liner & a bright lippie.
Totally. I'm really into golds, bergundies, bronzes, etc, so I could see it being a staple. Also, I often find myself wanting more gold shades with quads, so this would be a good compliment to those.

eepeepburrah

I am really excited for new reformulated shadows! But I am sort of worried that they discontinue others that I want but can't afford to get right now. Maybe I'm just being paranoid!

Medgal07

I think I'll just have to check them out in person, but from what you and a few others said the quality is there, but it depends on the particular shade or quad. Can't wait for the nordstrom to open up in Van. It won't have as good a selection as the american counterpart, but at least according to the article I read, will have burberry :)
Totally. I'm really into golds, bergundies, bronzes, etc, so I could see it being a staple. Also, I often find myself wanting more gold shades with quads, so this would be a good compliment to those.
I always gravitate to golds & burgundies----I absolutely love them. Bronze is very enticing too.
Having Nordies practically in your backyard will be so awesome!!! I don't have too much in Burberry makeup but what I do have , I'm quite fond of.
I absolutely adore my Burberry Gold palette.

Medgal07

I am really excited for new reformulated shadows! But I am sort of worried that they discontinue others that I want but can't afford to get right now. Maybe I'm just being paranoid!
Maybe the ones that you don't have in the current formula will be around for awhile----at least until you're able to purchase them.

starletta8

NOOOOOO!!!!!! Don't mess with my HG!

Bronwyn

I always gravitate to golds & burgundies----I absolutely love them. Bronze is very enticing too.
Having Nordies practically in your backyard will be so awesome!!! I don't have too much in Burberry makeup but what I do have , I'm quite fond of.
I absolutely adore my Burberry Gold palette.
Also, those shades look good on just about everyone imo. For sure, a ferry away but still,better than nothing right. Yeah, temptalia loved that quad too