Burberry Beauty

awickedshape

I love my Tom Ford brushes! I have most of his (I think I'm missing two....maybe three) and I love the smokey eye brush! His eye brushes are my absolute favourites, they're so incredibly soft and I would recommend them over any other brush I own! His eyeshadow blending brush is the perfect brush for crease work and blending and I love the eyeshadow 11 brush for my brow bone blending! Smokey eye brush is great for both bottom and top lash line and also outer v work.... you can tell I love them! I highly recommend!
Thank you for the recommendation!

ellyk

Odd. Harrod's page lists brushes but redirects you. Their little pencil brush looked nice but I'll try another brand.
Thanks
Burberry no long sells their brushes. I was told by a Burberry SA that they are planning to re-make/design them and will release them in the future.

starletta8

I picked up two of the spring shadows tonight and got to play with the collection a bit.

Tea Rose in the spring collection is ever so slightly more taupey than the regular Tea Rose Sheer Eyeshadow.

Jaymuhlee

I'm a bit late to report that I ended up getting Gold Glow for Christmas! I was SO thrilled after canceling my Saks order. Sadly, I've decided to return it after wearing it off/on for a couple weeks. It looks absolutely lovely in the pan and lightly applied but I'm so disappointed with the glittery, dry texture. I had the highest of hopes, too!

Icecaramellatte

I picked up two of the spring shadows tonight and got to play with the collection a bit.

Tea Rose in the spring collection is ever so slightly more taupey than the regular Tea Rose Sheer Eyeshadow.
Good to know. Unfortunately, I do not know if I have this color without checking. Burberry has so many shades named Rose something or other. I do have an eyeshadow called Rose.

Medgal07

I love my Tom Ford brushes! I have most of his (I think I'm missing two....maybe three) and I love the smokey eye brush! His eye brushes are my absolute favourites, they're so incredibly soft and I would recommend them over any other brush I own! His eyeshadow blending brush is the perfect brush for crease work and blending and I love the eyeshadow 11 brush for my brow bone blending! Smokey eye brush is great for both bottom and top lash line and also outer v work.... you can tell I love them! I highly recommend!
I need to look into the TF eye brushes. I have the Cream Foundation Brush 02, the Shade & Illuminate Brush 04, the Bronzer Brush 05 which is ridiculously luxurious
and the Cheek Brush 06, which is fab for applying and blending blush.

Medgal07

I'm a bit late to report that I ended up getting Gold Glow for Christmas! I was SO thrilled after canceling my Saks order. Sadly, I've decided to return it after wearing it off/on for a couple weeks. It looks absolutely lovely in the pan and lightly applied but I'm so disappointed with the glittery, dry texture. I had the highest of hopes, too!
Oh that's too bad Jay. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you!

BlahWah

Hrm, I have Tea Rose and really should have gotten Antique Rose. Good to know that about the spring collection.

starletta8

I have swatches!

I used a MAC 239 for the swatching, they were taken indoors under some somewhat cruddy light, and I'm a Burberry 02/202/Chanel BR12 for comparison. The swatch with flash is by far more accurate, but no flash is also included for comparison.

I love them!

Medgal07

I have swatches!

I used a MAC 239 for the swatching, they were taken indoors under some somewhat cruddy light, and I'm a Burberry 02/202/Chanel BR12 for comparison. The swatch with flash is by far more accurate, but no flash is also included for comparison.

I love them!
They're pretty Starletta. Thanks so much for taking the time to swatch & post them. This is going to be a very expensive year, me thinks!
girlhaha.gif

starletta8

They're pretty Starletta. Thanks so much for taking the time to swatch & post them. This is going to be a very expensive year, me thinks!
girlhaha.gif

No problem! I hadn't seen swatches anywhere yet, so I figured they might help others. I bought in-store at my local Burberry boutique. I considered the 2 pink shadows, but I have enough pink eyeshadow and it's not a color I wear often (not that blue/green are, but they just too pretty to pass on).

awickedshape

Omg. I finally used [three out of the four shades in] the holiday Gold palette. They were like buttah!! So nice to apply and so vibrant (for neutrals lol) Sorry for the wonky pic but we have good swatches from the beauty bloggers etc to compensate lol Edit: Also wearing Guerlain Cils d'Enfer (sample)
dc3aa6fe_2015-01-2208.55.42.jpeg

Vineetha

Omg. I finally used [three out of the four shades in] the holiday Gold palette. They were like buttah!! So nice to apply and so vibrant (for neutrals lol) Sorry for the wonky pic but we have good swatches from the beauty bloggers etc to compensate lol Edit: Also wearing Guerlain Cils d'Enfer (sample)
dc3aa6fe_2015-01-2208.55.42.jpeg
Pretty!!! I love love the palette!! The shades literally blend themselves lol!!

awickedshape

I thought I would like Tisse Rivoli more than Tisse Mademoiselle but (though I love the bronze in the YSL Fétiche palette) Tisse Mademoiselle became my favourite neutral palette... this Burberry No. 25 palette is reigning now lol

Bronwyn

What do folks think of the eyeshadow quads vs eyeshadows in terms of quality? I've heard some say the singles are better, but I really like the look of the dark spice quad.