Burberry Beauty

User38

oh today I bought a Rose Carnation YSL RPC.. it is not bright, but it will be great for the beach
eyelove.gif
with some bronzer!

mjacqueline

The way you ladies are talking about Earthy, I seriously want to get it like right now!

Miss QQ, I want all the Burberry blushes! I'm totally addicted and illogical when it comes to make up.

Miss QQ

HG - Hope Earthly works for you! I tried contouring long ago and had orange and brown strips on my face so I gave up on contouring. Earthly is just right for me.

mjacqueline - We are all addicts here, aren't we? ;) I will definitely look out for more Burberry blushes that I want, especially the colours that I don't have from Chanel. Maybe you can try Earthly at the counter. I think the MAs are very patient and knows the products well, don't you think so? I like them.

Miss QQ

I realise there are only 8 blushes in all. So it's possible to collect them all if you want. ;)

I wore Earthly all week and I really like it. At first I wore it with highlight and skipped any pinky blush but later on I tried it with coral, peachy and pink blushes and they all worked. The MA told me not to use any blushes as it may be too garish with the contour going on, but my cheeks are pale and I use Earthly lightly so it works. I swatched Pale Rose and it is like Radial Pink in the mac colour form cool palette, but much more finely milled.

Shypo

Yay for Earthy!!!
pompom.gif
I love Pale Rose - it has become a go-to for me for my inner lid, highlight, and blending. I just love it! My Burberry shadows are coming with me over the holidays - actually, I have to decide what I'm bringing, but they're first on the list
pretty.gif

Miss QQ

Some info on Spring collection!

http://rougedeluxe.blogspot.com/2011/12/burberry-spring-2012.html

Yay for new lip covers! I want Devon Sunset! And Pale Barley looks amazing, I can't wait to see everything in person!

Ikram

oooh, thank you for this info!

I want the lip covers- Devon Sunset and possibly Tulip Pink and the Golden Peach

Also the Nude Rose lips gloss as well as Pale Barley.

Wonder which blush is pictured at the promotion pic? Is that earthy?

Miss QQ

I don't think that is Earthy. It looks coral, like Russet maybe? Don't all the lip covers look pretty? Primrose Hill Pink looks like a wearable bright pink. Maybe Nude Rose will be my first burberry gloss.

katred

Specktra Bestie
After a few months of googling reviews and thinking of what I might pick up when I got around to doing an order from Nordstrom's, I found out something very interesting last night, while trying to cope with my insomnia: Burberry will ship anywhere in Canada from their web site. Not sure how I managed to avoid knowing that and their shipping costs seem wacky enough that it might still be easier to order from Nordstrom's, but I thought it was funny that I hadn't found that out until now.

Miss QQ

^^ So are you ordering from Nordstrom? What do you have your eyes on? I only have 3 things but I love them all.

katred

Specktra Bestie
^^ So are you ordering from Nordstrom? What do you have your eyes on? I only have 3 things but I love them all.

I'm trying to decide, because I want to order some stuff from Le Metier de Beaute as well, but I'm trying to choose between:

Antique Rose e/s
Tea Rose e/s
Rosewood e/s
Prune l/s
Claret l/s
Blueberry lip mist
Cameo blush

One thing I did notice is that, if the shipping costs weren't so high, the Canadian prices on the lipsticks and eyeshadows aren't too bad compared to the American ones. On the other hand, the increase in the blush price is insane and the lip mists aren't available in Canada. So I'm kind of leaning towards those products at the moment. Nice thing about Nordstrom is that they have a full Canadian system- you can see the prices in Canadian dollars and check Canadian duty/ taxes when you place your order.

Ikram

I'm trying to decide, because I want to order some stuff from Le Metier de Beaute as well, but I'm trying to choose between:

Antique Rose e/s
Tea Rose e/s
Rosewood e/s
Prune l/s
Claret l/s
Blueberry lip mist
Cameo blush

One thing I did notice is that, if the shipping costs weren't so high, the Canadian prices on the lipsticks and eyeshadows aren't too bad compared to the American ones. On the other hand, the increase in the blush price is insane and the lip mists aren't available in Canada. So I'm kind of leaning towards those products at the moment. Nice thing about Nordstrom is that they have a full Canadian system- you can see the prices in Canadian dollars and check Canadian duty/ taxes when you place your order.

In case you are still deciding to reduce the list, Rosewood definitelly is the best shadow from those listed.
And definitelly keep Blueberry as well.

I must warn you, once you go Burberry, all other brand's packaging will start to seem cheap and flimsy to you. I just got the new Meteorites and first tought popping in head was, what is this light cheap plastic?

Winthrop44

It really depends on what you like though. Flimsy plastic is not good, but I don't care for heavy, bulky packaging either -- it takes up too much storage room and it's not convenient to carry.

Ikram

Thats also true.

Burberry lipsticks are much harder to stick in your pocket as compared to RCS. But RCS are so tiny, sometimes I worry I will loose them.

I am thinking about getting burberry pressed foundation to carry and use for touch ups because I feel the compact is sturdy and will sustain 1+ years of daily carrying in a purse in great shape, I hate when packaging starts to look old or dirty, that's why i stopped buying Nars. On the other side it is also bit heavier. Maybe I should stop carrying 10+ lipstickes daily with me and just bring 1 burberry powder.
sigh.gif

Miss QQ

katred - Great list! Their eyeshadows are so finely milled, and not frosty or flat matte. I want to get one soon but can't decide on which!

ikram - I love the packaging of the blush, so I think the powder compact is the same too. lol you should cut down on the number of lipsticks! I carry 4 or 5 lipsticks and lipglosses daily and I think I'm insane lol. I agree on how sturdy the compacts are, since it is magnetic, the catch will not break off like Diorskin Nude compact (cheap transparent plastic!), and the blush compact is less thick than Chanel's compact.

The packaging of the lipsticks and lipglosses, and mascara didn't win me over though. They are very bulky and I carry my lippies everywhere so I appreciate sleek ones like Chanel's. I think the packaging is stopping me from buying more lip covers though I love the formula. I'm indifferent to the foundation packaging. It does look bulky but when I put MUFE HD foundation next to it, they are almost the same size. This reminds me that my Diorskin Nude compact is not the first faulty Dior product I got. I had a Diorskin ExtremeFit foundation which pump couldn't work after only a few weeks. When I brought my faultly compact to Dior recently, the SA actually said that they always get customers returning foundations with pumps that wouldn't work
icon_eek.gif
, but not a broken compact like mine. Lol. I hope Burberry foundation pump would work till my last drop.

mjacqueline

Katred I have all 3 eye shadows I agree with Ikram Rosewood the nicest among all three. Cameo blush is also one of my favorite, it is a lady like colour. One thing with lip mists though they are slightly softer than most lipsticks so don't put them anywhere to hot. Great choices, you will love them.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Found out that Nordstrom's won't ship Lip Mists to Canada. Growl. I'll just end up placing an order with them directly, I guess, but it's currently in a line behind a few others. Just placed my very first order for products from Rouge Bunny Rouge, a brand I've been curious about for a while now.