Burberry Beauty

MzzRach

I just started getting into this line - and I'm really liking it. I'm into more natural/classic looks lately, so this line is perfect for that.

So far I have:

Lip Cover in Red Brick and Nude Rose
Blushes in Earthy and Cameo
Eyeshadows in Trench, Rosewood and Midnight Brown

I've got more on the way, including a couple more shadows and the liquid foundation and a couple of glosses.

Even though the eyeshadows are called Sheer, I find them to be very nicely pigmented and blendable. Between this line, Edward Bess, and Tom Ford my beauty addiction is spendy lately!

Miss QQ

Hi Rachel! Hope you like the foundation, I like it a lot. Let us know what you think of the glosses. I wish I can try EB and TF too, thought my wallet is probably relieved that I can't get them here.;)

mjacqueline

MzzRach, your choices are great, I love Brick Red the most, such a creamy and universally flattering red. I'm waiting to swatch Earthy to see if it will be a good contour color for me.

MissQQ, the glosses feel a lot like Chanel's ETDG to me with Chanel being a notch better.

Ikram

Swatches of Spring

look like Spring collection is either already available or will be very soon.

On my list for now Golden Peach and Devon Sunset.
I will wait for comparisons of Pale Barley to other shadows but from this swatch it reminded me of Chanel Rose Platinum pencil.
Glosses are skip for me, one is too sheer and will be probably looking similar to Nude Beige I already have and the other seems too bright and way our of my comfort zone.
My Spring pick for gloss is Blush.

http://naturalnchicmakeup.blogspot.com/2012/01/burberry-spring-2012-collection.html#more

Winthrop44

I will wait for comparisons of Pale Barley to other shadows but from this swatch it reminded me of Chanel Rose Platinum pencil.
Hmmm...that is disappointing as Chanel RP did not work on me at all. I bet alot of people will like it if they're similar tho.

MzzRach

I saw the Pale Barley shadow this past weekend - agree that is does look similar to the Chanel Rose P liner - very soft metallic.

Shypo

Found out that Nordstrom's won't ship Lip Mists to Canada. Growl. I'll just end up placing an order with them directly, I guess, but it's currently in a line behind a few others. Just placed my very first order for products from Rouge Bunny Rouge, a brand I've been curious about for a while now.
Katred! I placed an RBR order today! I was bummed at they're out of a few of the eyeshadows I want, but I'll keep checking......I have been so wanting to try the line - I just wish it was available online in this continent -

What did you order?

I love Rosewood e/s, and just ordered Barley, Tulip Pink, Primrose Hill Pink, and Devon Sunset. I love Cameo and Earthy blushes, and have Rose blush on order. Midnight Brown is one of my favorite e/s!

Miss QQ

Ikram - Thanks for the links!

Cheryl - I look forward to hearing your thoughts about your new makeup!

Everything look beautiful! My money will be going to burberry this spring. All the lipsticks look lovely and I love the formula, so I could get all 4. I don't have Ever Hip and it is good to know Devon Sunset is a dupe in a better formula! I love Rose Platine (my first ever makeup backup) so Pale Barley will be mine!

Shypo

Oh' it is so pretty in those swatches! I love her comparisons too! Thanks for the link! I had ordered this pretty much sight unseen, but based on a couple of descriptions on various blogs. Now I'm glad I did.

Winthrop, it might show up on you vs RP.....it's so frustrating to not be near a counter, or a trusty Specktra-ite, to try before you buy.....

Miss QQ

I saw Sabrina's review on Pale Barley. I'm so excited to see it in person! mjacqueline, let me know when this collection hits the counter! Do you know the number of the counter? I wanted to call to check but I don't have their number.

mjacqueline

MissQQ look for Mindy or Jennifer at 68365516. I've been do busy i have not called to ask, let me know too please, I'll fly down to swatch them and get my Earthy too.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Pale Barley looks like one of the most perfect neutrals I've ever seen. I think I need it!

Miss QQ

^^ Can't wait for you to get it! It seems to be leaning warm to me, but it could be my screen.

Shypo

I got Barley today - I love it! The color is hard to describe. In the pan it sorta looks like a cross between Satin Taupe and something like Sumptuous Olive. On my skin, it's a gorgeous fleshy nude color, with an awesome gleam. On my skin it looks almost like Chanel Beige Lame looks in the pan, minus the multi color sparkles. I wish I could describe it better, but it is truly unique among my neutral shadows.

Miss QQ

Thanks, Cheryl! I can't wait to see Pale Barley in person. I didn't get Beige Lame, so I'm happy to hear Barley looks close to it.