Burberry Beauty

Miss QQ

I wonder if it will come to our counter and when will it too. Review of the bronzer. It looks so pretty. http://cafemakeup.com/2012/05/04/burberry-sheer-summer-glow-review/

mjacqueline

Miss QQ thanks for posting the link, oh I want. ;) we have been bombarded with very pretty bronzers these season, can't decide between the Guerlain, Dior, Chanel or Burberry. Perhaps I close my eyes and collect them all.:eyelove:

Ikram

Miss QQ thanks for posting the link, oh I want.
winks.gif
we have been bombarded with very pretty bronzers these season, can't decide between the Guerlain, Dior, Chanel or Burberry. Perhaps I close my eyes and collect them all.
eyelove.gif
Same here.

I am leaning towards Guerlain. I like the Burberry but think it is too light for the summer.

Ikram

Did anyone see or heard something about the new lip mists which are coming out with summer collex?

Miss QQ

^^ Not sure but there is this nude collection lip mists.

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2012/05/burberry-nude-lip-mist-collection-at.html

Miss QQ

^^ Are you getting the powder?

I just saw her review. I think the powder is more like a highlighter if we use the colours all mixed together, but if we use the left side it can be quite dark and used as a bronzer. I think I'll cave for it. The lip mists though, haven't won me over. I have a test card of the lip mists of the old colours that I haven't try, it's time to try them. I like the lip covers, except that my Antique Rose bullet broke because it is so soft. I want Tulip Pink from Spring.

Ikram

Love the lip mists.

I own 2 lip mists, Blueberry and Stormy Pink and it is great formula.

I am looking now for a nude pink. I have Cameo Pink lip cover but would like something even more nudish. And like the nude peach too. I might stop by the counter to try them.

I will probably pass on the powder just because I dont need it, I have quad from Edward Bess in South of France what I think is same idea of the highlight side of the quad. I am starting to be very picky with my purchases just because I dont want to overclutter my makeup corner.

I didnt pick up anything from Spring either. I still want lipgloss in Blush and the countouring powder in Earthy.

And I am on my second bottle of the foundation. None of the other foundations I tried felt so light, moisturizing and creamy.

Winthrop44

^^ Are you getting the powder?

I just saw her review. I think the powder is more like a highlighter if we use the colours all mixed together, but if we use the left side it can be quite dark and used as a bronzer. I think I'll cave for it. The lip mists though, haven't won me over. I have a test card of the lip mists of the old colours that I haven't try, it's time to try them. I like the lip covers, except that my Antique Rose bullet broke because it is so soft. I want Tulip Pink from Spring.

I may give the powder a try too. I think it's really pretty. Let us know if you get it. I'd like to try Pink Heather lip mist too but I don't care for the scent of their lipsticks.

Miss QQ

Another review of the bronzer. There is a strong scent and she says it is even stronger than the usual blush scent.

http://messywands.blogspot.com/2012/05/burberry-sheer-summer-glow-natural.html

Ikram - I like the foundation too. It lasts all day on top of all the positive points you mentioned. Do you use the primer?

Ikram

I love the Burberry scent in lipsticks and blush. I do not find it much different from Chanel JC smell. I saw lots of people to complain about Burberry scent but no one about JC.
But I am a person who is not sensitive to scents nor I have sensitive skin. I will have to go to sniff this powder.
I love scented makeup, it is such a luxury, in contrary to it being worse for the skin and more irritating but I am picky with how much scented stuff I put on my face.

mjacqueline

I will probably too, I am easily swayed. With the good experiences I have with Burberry products, I bet this will be a great one too. I don't mind the scent too.

tigrlilyem

I got the new lip mists in nude peach, field rose, pink heather and the nude honey is on its way. My favorites are the nude peach and field rose. They have a beautiful sheerness that seem to glow when you put them on. And they're very moisturizing, and not as sticky as gloss. These have got to be my favorites that have come out by far. I also have brown sugar and copper. I tried feather pink, but it was too cool for me, field rose is everything I wanted feather pink to be. I bought these sight unseen and don't regret it.

Winthrop44

I bought Pink Heather lip mist and really love it. I don't find the scent to be as strong as it is with the regular lipsticks. Either that or I just got a weakly scented one. I love the creaminess of it. Will probably order Field Rose now. I also got the Sheer Summer Glow powder. I am pleasantly surprised that the heavy fragrance is not bothering my rosacea. I like the color swirled all together but I'm also going to give it a try the way Amy at Cafemakeup described.

Miss QQ

^^ Is the lip mist sticky and is it as creamy as the lip cover? How do you wear the powder? Do you dust it on like writing a 3 and E? I was thinking I could skip the powder because I like the Dior bronzer I just bought, but now you are making it hard for me to pass. Pleased to know you enjoy your two new purchases!

Winthrop44

Thanks! Yes, I applied it like a bronzer. The lip mist is not sticky at all. As far as comparing the creaminess vs their regular lipsticks I really can't since I only tried one regular one a long time ago, but it definitely feels creamier and more moisturizing than for example a Rouge coco, even a good one. lol I wish we could see swatches of Dior 001 vs the Burberry because I am tempted by the Dior as well but I sort of suspect no one needs both?

Miss QQ

I want to see swatches of Dior 001 and this Burberry side by side too. I agree, don't need both but I suspect Burberry can be darker because the darker shade is darker than Dior's. The lip mist sounds very nice. Does it last as long as a good rouge coco?

Winthrop44

Yes, the lasting power is good. I tried it again today though with your specific question about stickiness in mind and I am going to say it does initially feel a little sticky. I guess it's not that much since I'm a big complainer and didn't notice on my own .... only after you specifically asked (thanks for that, btw
lol.gif
). The Lip Mists are more moisturizing but the advantage of the Rouge Cocos and Rouge Coco Shines for me is that they don't contain parabens. How much that *really* matters I don't know, but so many companies are removing them these days that it's easy to find lipsticks without them, so why not do so? That's how I think of it anyway.

Miss QQ

^^
th_wink3.gif
Thanks very much too! I will try them at the counter and see how much I like the colours. I'm on a no-buy for chanel lipsticks for now, not because I dislike them but I have too many and want to use up a few of them first. I also want to use the money to try other lipsticks. I usually don't pay attention to the ingredients in makeup but now that you mention parabens are present in burberry lipsticks, that may curb me from buying too many of them.

Winthrop44

They are also in Chanel Rouge Allures. I'll be interested to see whether or not they include them in the fall reformulation.

Latest posts