Burberry Beauty

Miss QQ

My guess is it is perm but I don't know. My Antigue Rose lip cover bullet broke, but it can still stand in the tube. The inner sides of the bullet case is dirty though, with the bullet rubbing against it since it is slanted. Not sure if I pressed too hard during application and caused it to break, or the lipstick is too creamy and soft.

Ikram

I believe everything from Burberry is always perm.

That's why they dont release ton of product and what they do release is always good edited.

After seeing swatches on Sabrina's blog I am changing my mind about Hibiscus gloss. Looks so lovely, watery sheer and not thick and goopy. I will go try it, hopefully will give me, just eaten Strawberries look.

mjacqueline

MissQQ lip covers are softer than regular lipsticks, IMO my Blush lip cover is leaning on one side after I was too rough with it during swatching. Make sure you keep them away from the sun.

Miss QQ

^^ Ooo, I hope your Blush doesn't break too. Thanks. I don't put it in the sun. I guess I have to be more gentle with them. :) I called the counter and the SA wasn't sure when the spring collection is coming, said it could be end of the month.

Ikram - Hope Hibiscus works for you! That's what I think too, that everything Burberry releases is perm. But that is because it is new, I wonder when it will start discontinuing older or less popular items.

Winthrop44

Got my Pale Barley today. LOVE it on!
heart.gif

Miss QQ

I saw the collection. I wasn't moved by Pale Barley when I swatched it but when I got home, I want it very much. lol. I'll pick it up soon! I swatched the lip covers and Primrose Hill Pink was the one that called to me. I think Tulip Pink is a pretty nude pink lipstick but I'm not sure. Devon Sunset looks close to Flirt in Sabrina's swatches, with Flirt being more glossy. Since I just bought Flirt, I'm not sure if I need Devon Sunset.

Cheryl - I'd love to know what you think of the three lip covers that you bought. I'm really undecided but they are so pretty.

mjacqueline

I finally got to check out the spring collection in person, I'm more excited about the pretty lip covers. I bought Golden Peach and Primrose Hill Pink. I got Pale Barley too, it isn't an exciting colour per se but I can foresee that I will use it often. It looks quite close to Rosewood IMHO but more golden whereas Rosewood has a tinge of rose. I can wait to use my new make up.

Miss QQ

^^ Enjoy! Let us know what you think of them. I feel like I need Primrose Hill Pink.

Now I keep thinking of Hibiscus gloss.

Miss QQ

I bought Pale Barley and wore it today. It disappeared on my lids! Guess I have to find a base to go with it..

Shypo

^^ Oh no!!! That's what happened with me and Chanel's Beige Lame!! There must be some color element that your skin color totally neutralizes....that's too bad! But I hope you can find a good complementary color to go with it - have you tried Midnight Brown? I posted in the Guerlain thread (go figure) that I love the Burberry Lip Covers - I'm not as happy with Devon Sunset, as it is a bit too yellow for my liking, but I can pull it off. The others are fab, though!!

Miss QQ

^^ I don't have midnight brown but I'll try it with other browns. Yeah, I think Beige Lame may actually show up more on me, but I passed. Sorry about Devon Sunset. Is Tulip Pink a nude pink and Primrose Hill Pink a hot pink?

BlahWah

Any chance one of the ladies who has Pale Barley also has the Inventive quad from Naturally Eccentric (2005)? The more I stare at the swatches, lovely as they are, the more they remind me of Twillery from that quad.

Miss QQ

icon_bump.gif
Has anyone seen the summer collection? I want the powder and maybe I'll pick up Tulip Pink lipstick from spring.

http://rougedeluxe.blogspot.com/2012/04/burberry-summer-2012-iconic-nude_20.html

Latest posts