Burberry Beauty

starletta8

Sounds like goodbye to burberry as I was starting to know it. They're totally revamping the brand. Wow.

This makes me so sad. Back when I used to blog, I literally spent a month profiling every Burberry product that I could because I loved the brand. All out of my own pocket.

Talk about ruining a great thing.

Medgal07

This makes me so sad. Back when I used to blog, I literally spent a month profiling every Burberry product that I could because I loved the brand. All out of my own pocket.

Talk about ruining a great thing.
It's unbelievable
ohboy.gif

Lile

I guess my opinion is the one in the minority, so that's ok. Keep in mind I own almost the entire original collection, so Burberry has already gotten my money. It just makes me sad/mad to have to walk away.
I can understand that, as I have a lot of their original collection, too, including the eyeshadows and lipsticks.

delicatewhimsy

They took one of the best, buttery shadows that blended as good as the best and threw it out. Their previous singles were on-par with the best from Tom Ford in terms of quality. That's all gone now. Now you have to use them wet to get anything that looks like the pan. I'm so over these "must use wet to get payoff" shadows. It shortens the lifespan of the shadow and every single brand feels that they have to jump on the bandwagon. Not all of us like putting wet mush on our eyes and have the time to let it dry every morning. Burberry was perfect for women like me before. I knew I could get good pigmentation and always look classic- regardless of the shade- without any BS or special techniques. When your alarm goes off at 0400 every morning, you don't want wet eyeshadow. Period. These new wet eyeshadows don't blend wet. I give up, Burberry's the latest company to decide that my money's not worth having.
I also get up at 4:00 and work 10-12 hour shifts. You've summed up everything I feel perfectly. A lovely wash of color was all that was needed for a beautifully complicated look that literally took 30 seconds. We can mourn the old formula together.

LivN

I spoke to a Burberry rep and she mentioned that since Shiseido now owns them so several other products will be discontinued and reformulated.
This is interesting since Shiseido also owns Nars and they are all about wet&dry, metallic finish, intensity etc. these days. I hope they will not push Burberry that far.

patentg33k

Wanted to chime in here as I went to Nordstrom's the other day to play around with the new eyeshadows. I have maybe half of the older formulation e/s and really enjoyed using them. The new formulation is not bad, but its different- Im disappointed that many of the shades are very different or discontinued all together.
I spoke to a Burberry rep and she mentioned that since Shiseido now owns them so several other products will be discontinued and reformulated. She specifically mentioned the lipsticks and eyeliners, and a new foundation will be added to the line shortly.
Burberry's original foundation was perfect in my opinion. It was just this absolutely neutral, non-comedigenic, infinitely layer able, and long-lasting formula. I didn't realize that Shiseido had taken them over. I had thought that this line was intended to reflect Burberry's aesthetic. Still, I think Shiseido is doing wonderful things for NARS. I know that Shiseido does care deeply about quality and innovation. They own Serge Lutens and do a top-drawer job in that department as well. So if Burberry had to be sold, Shiseido is a good choice. I'm not ready to give up on the line (although I will hold fast to my old formula blushes and eyeshadows down to the last bit of powder).

I really, really hope that they don't change Burberry's original foundation.

Monsy

i just ran out of their Luminous foundation and I couldn't wait to get rid of it
it was just ok ... compared to other HE foundations formula was not as good. I am happy to hear they are improving it

and I had no idea shiseido bought them. I think that's good since they own couple of awesome lines

BlahWah

FWIW, I agree with you. I didn't have that many of the old shades but I like them better. The new shades I've tried are too shimmery for me.

I hope I have all the ones I want from the old formula. I'm finding the swatches of the new ones quite shimmery as well. =(

Quote: Originally Posted by LivN

This reminds me a lot of MAC's Moth Brown, altho there were hints of blue and green shimmer in that shadow as well. Any chance you can compare them? =)

mariamarvel

Does anybody know whether they are also discontinuing old lipsticks lines along with the shadows? I'm not sure if I should snatch up some Lip Mists before they're gone.

Bronwyn

I've heard some compare the old burberry singles to rougebunnyrouge. Does anyone have knowledge on this?

Medgal07

i just ran out of their Luminous foundation and I couldn't wait to get rid of it
it was just ok ... compared to other HE foundations formula was not as good. I am happy to hear they are improving it

and I had no idea shiseido bought them. I think that's good since they own couple of awesome lines
Do they own NARS as well?

dstroyedangel

I've heard some compare the old burberry singles to rougebunnyrouge. Does anyone have knowledge on this?
Yes I really like the quality of RBR eyeshadows, especially the mattes! I think old Burberry e/s are very much similar in color payoff, smoothness-

Bronwyn

Yes I really like the quality of RBR eyeshadows, especially the mattes!  I think old Burberry e/s are very much similar in color payoff, smoothness-
Thanks for your thoughts :) I'm considering getting some rbr stuff, but have to opportunity to snag a couple burberry singles so good to know they are of similar quality

Latest posts