Burberry Beauty

peanut

Such an interesting discussion! I had no idea Shiseido now owns Burberry. I thought Burberry was taken in house, which explains their absence for such a long period and now the introduction of so many new products. Just curious -- does Shiseido own Burberry or just distribute their products?

Anyway, I love the old Burberry aesthetic! Easy-to-wear (and use!) natural eye shades in various formulas (matte and satin being my favorite) and pretty pastel cheeks and lips. Like many of you I prefer the old formula shadows. The new ones might be a bit smoother, but they're more apt to contain shimmer, which isn't especially flattering on me. Plus, I just don't think "smoothness" is everything anyway when it comes to eyeshadows. A smooth, but muddy color is still muddy!

I am pleased with Burberry's new eyeliners though (the old ones smeared), and I think it's nice that they seem to be getting rid of the scent in their powder products that bothered so many people. The new Fresh Glow foundation is getting some great reviews, so I look forward to that as well as the cream eyeshadows (hoping they're not too shimmery of course!). I admit to backing up the Sheer foundation though just in case because I heard the Fresh Glow replaces it. I ordered one of their new Lip Kisses so I'm interested to see how it compares to their older formulas. All in all, I'm willing to try out the new products but I'll definitely be hanging on to the old ones.

Edited to add that this is what I could find about the Shiseido/Burberry relationship:

http://www.moodiereport.com/document.php?c_id=29&doc_id=34803

Medgal07

Such an interesting discussion! I had no idea Shiseido now owns Burberry. I thought Burberry was taken in house, which explains their absence for such a long period and now the introduction of so many new products. Just curious -- does Shiseido own Burberry or just distribute their products?

Anyway, I love the old Burberry aesthetic! Easy-to-wear (and use!) natural eye shades in various formulas (matte and satin being my favorite) and pretty pastel cheeks and lips. Like many of you I prefer the old formula shadows. The new ones might be a bit smoother, but they're more apt to contain shimmer, which isn't especially flattering on me. Plus, I just don't think "smoothness" is everything anyway when it comes to eyeshadows. A smooth, but muddy color is still muddy!

I am pleased with Burberry's new eyeliners though (the old ones smeared), and I think it's nice that they seem to be getting rid of the scent in their powder products that bothered so many people. The new Fresh Glow foundation is getting some great reviews, so I look forward to that as well as the cream eyeshadows (hoping they're not too shimmery of course!). I admit to backing up the Sheer foundation though just in case because I heard the Fresh Glow replaces it. I ordered one of their new Lip Kisses so I'm interested to see how it compares to their older formulas. All in all, I'm willing to try out the new products but I'll definitely be hanging on to the old ones.
Great perspective!

Lile

Such an interesting discussion! I had no idea Shiseido now owns Burberry. I thought Burberry was taken in house, which explains their absence for such a long period and now the introduction of so many new products. Just curious -- does Shiseido own Burberry or just distribute their products? Anyway, I love the old Burberry aesthetic! Easy-to-wear (and use!) natural eye shades in various formulas (matte and satin being my favorite) and pretty pastel cheeks and lips. Like many of you I prefer the old formula shadows. The new ones might be a bit smoother, but they're more apt to contain shimmer, which isn't especially flattering on me. Plus, I just don't think "smoothness" is everything anyway when it comes to eyeshadows. A smooth, but muddy color is still muddy! I am pleased with Burberry's new eyeliners though (the old ones smeared), and I think it's nice that they seem to be getting rid of the scent in their powder products that bothered so many people. The new Fresh Glow foundation is getting some great reviews, so I look forward to that as well as the cream eyeshadows (hoping they're not too shimmery of course!). I admit to backing up the Sheer foundation though just in case because I heard the Fresh Glow replaces it. I ordered one of their new Lip Kisses so I'm interested to see how it compares to their older formulas.  All in all, I'm willing to try out the new products but I'll definitely be hanging on to the old ones. Edited to add that this is what I could find about the Shiseido/Burberry relationship: http://www.moodiereport.com/document.php?c_id=29&doc_id=34803
I thought the same thing, that Burberry had taken over their beauty products inhouse, which caused the last year or so to be so bereft of new (or even replacement) products. The wet and glittery eyeshadows are confusing, as they seem to go against the more natural looks that was the Burberry Beauty brand (and not my personal favorites). I'm happy with my original products and will continue to use them. Hope they don't change the velvet foundation, as it's one of my favorites. We'll see what the new products bring.

dstroyedangel

Edited to add that this is what I could find about the Shiseido/Burberry relationship:

http://www.moodiereport.com/document.php?c_id=29&doc_id=34803
Shiseido in my understanding is formulating all of their products moving forward. Back in Spring of 2013- many of the products were out of stock for months on end- the blushes at that time were reformulated into what we have now- and with that change some of the colors that came back were different than the original ones.

I prefer the older formula- there was consistency and great payoff, the mattes were matte, the satins were satin, and the shimmers were shimmery- the new burberry eyeshadows are a mixed bag some are similar in feel/texture to the nars dual intensity, some are like the shiseido luminizing satin eye color and some are like laura mercier e/s.

Prettypackages

I discovered burberry too late, well ignored them until now. now it is too late. So sorry I didn't some of the original shadows. I might stalk my Nordies, has anyone had any luck doing that?

LivN

This reminds me a lot of MAC's Moth Brown, altho there were hints of blue and green shimmer in that shadow as well. Any chance you can compare them? =)
No, sorry :/ I own only 2 mac lipsticks.
I am pleased with Burberry's new eyeliners though (the old ones smeared), and I think it's nice that they seem to be getting rid of the scent in their powder products that bothered so many people.
Which ones? I wanted to try Eye Definer, I love the shades but I read they smudge easily. I'm not sure which ones are new? They have a liquid eyeliner, effortless kohl eyeliner, eye definer... Any recommendations among these?

Bronwyn

Yes I highly recommend RBR eyeshadows the mattes are amazing on anyone from light-light medium complexion. The other eyeshadows are lovely as well, with a few standouts ! If you have access to the older burberry formulation, you are LUCKY !! Get some for sure, if you are open to doing cp's I would appreciate knowing as well. Good to know! They get such high reviews, it's good to know the hype is actually accurate from a fellow specktra user. Netaporter has a couple burberry singles left as well as the gold palette Shiseido in my understanding is formulating all of their products moving forward. Back in Spring of 2013- many of the products were out of stock for months on end- the blushes at that time were reformulated into what we have now- and with that change some of the colors that came back were different than the original ones. I prefer the older formula- there was consistency and great payoff, the mattes were matte, the satins were satin, and the shimmers were shimmery- the new burberry eyeshadows are a mixed bag some are similar in feel/texture to the nars dual intensity, some are like the shiseido luminizing satin eye color and some are like laura mercier e/s.

peanut

Which ones? I wanted to try Eye Definer, I love the shades but I read they smudge easily. I'm not sure which ones are new? They have a liquid eyeliner, effortless kohl eyeliner, eye definer... Any recommendations among these?
I really like the Effortless Kohl eyeliners reviewed here:

http://www.temptalia.com/burberry-effortless-kohl-eyeliners-review-photos-swatches
http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/search/label/Liquid%20Eyeliner

There are also black and gray shades, and a green shade will be coming out soon. The Effortless Liquid eyeliner is black and the easiest to use of all I've tried.

I think the Eye Definers were the pencils, which I thought smudged.

boschicka

Quote: Sorry, should have been more specific. =P Moth Brown is an eyeshadow, and I was wondering how it compared to Dusty/Dusky Mauve.

Moth Brown is on the left and Dusky Mauve is on the right.

Psych1

I just read they don't have any fragrance which is great news IMO. When are they supposed to be available?
New to this thread, but I had to chime in and express how beyond thrilled I am to hear they are getting rid of the awful perfumey fragrance! I can smell and taste it, which promptly forces me to wipe it off. I just cant with their lipsticks/glosses for that very reason. I know my reaction is probably extreme, but the scent was just very overwhelming and very Unnecessary. Good move!

Winthrop44

New to this thread, but I had to chime in and express how beyond thrilled I am to hear they are getting rid of the awful perfumey fragrance! I can smell and taste it, which promptly forces me to wipe it off. I just cant with their lipsticks/glosses for that very reason. I know my reaction is probably extreme, but the scent was just very overwhelming and very Unnecessary. Good move!
Well if it's extreme I'm extreme right there with you! I can "taste" many smells too. Just yesterday I tried a face serum that had fragrance as its last ingredient. My skin reacted to it and I washed it off in an hour or so but the whole time and the rest of the night I could taste that scent. I loved several of the lip mist colors but couldn't keep them on my lips for more than 60 seconds. For real.

LivN

Sorry, should have been more specific. =P Moth Brown is an eyeshadow, and I was wondering how it compared to Dusty/Dusky Mauve.
Not much help there either I'm afraid. But looking at the swatches on the net Moth Brown looks more greyish/blue? Dusty Mauve is definitely brown with subtle purple reflection. No cool grey-blue tint in it.

Psych1

Well if it's extreme I'm extreme right there with you! I can "taste" many smells too. Just yesterday I tried a face serum that had fragrance as its last ingredient. My skin reacted to it and I washed it off in an hour or so but the whole time and the rest of the night I could taste that scent. I loved several of the lip mist colors but couldn't keep them on my lips for more than 60 seconds. For real.
Yes! You just know it's overkill when you can taste the fragrance! I also really like several of their lip products, but I refuse to wear their lipsticks bc I physically can't. Glad I'm not alone! Im guessing they received similar feedback since they are getting rid of the frangrance in their lip products!!

patentg33k

I wonder how the new Kisses lipstick line is...
some early reviews:

https://iamcherrylemon.wordpress.com/2015/03/06/kisses-for-the-spring-brand-new-burberry-kisses-lipsticks-photo-swatches-and-review/

http://www.reallyree.com/2015/03/burberry-kisses-lipstick-review-swatches.html

Burberry's promo video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXuo-VDKj7g

These are for sale on Burberry's US site, it looks like several of the colors are using the same names as prior Burberry colors. I'm reluctant to order another Pink Tulip or Nude etc. when I have them already in the lip cover formula. I think I'll wait until these hit counters and see.

Winthrop44

Thanks for the links. I'm very interested in these since they're fragrance-free. I online chatted with Nordstrom yesterday and they told me they'd have them in April. Beauty Professor is going to review several shades soon. I would order from Burberry's own site but unless they've changed it they require a signature on delivery for even 1 lipstick and that's too much of a hassle for me.