Burberry Beauty

LivN

Another review for the eyeshadows

http://www.beautyblogofakind.com/2015/03/the-burberry-wetdry-glow-eyeshaodw-in-nude-002-review-photos-swatches.html

Medgal07

New to this thread, but I had to chime in and express how beyond thrilled I am to hear they are getting rid of the awful perfumey fragrance! I can smell and taste it, which promptly forces me to wipe it off. I just cant with their lipsticks/glosses for that very reason. I know my reaction is probably extreme, but the scent was just very overwhelming and very Unnecessary. Good move!
Not extreme at all. The fact that they're doing away with it is pretty telling----others have found it offensive & off-putting as well.
friends.gif

starletta8

New to this thread, but I had to chime in and express how beyond thrilled I am to hear they are getting rid of the awful perfumey fragrance! I can smell and taste it, which promptly forces me to wipe it off. I just cant with their lipsticks/glosses for that very reason. I know my reaction is probably extreme, but the scent was just very overwhelming and very Unnecessary. Good move!

I respect those with sensitivities to scent. It's not an extreme reaction, but I truly feel like they're throwing the proverbial baby out with the bathwater to dump the formula entirely. It's a shame that it wasn't reformulated to be scent-free but continued to be the same lovely Lip Cover many of us adore!

Psych1

I respect those with sensitivities to scent. It's not an extreme reaction, but I truly feel like they're throwing the proverbial baby out with the bathwater to dump the formula entirely. It's a shame that it wasn't reformulated to be scent-free but continued to be the same lovely Lip Cover many of us adore!
Yeah, my gripe is just the awful, pointless fragrance. I had no issue with the formula and wasn't aware that they changed the formula altogether.

Medgal07

YES!
iagree.gif

Winthrop44

[COLOR=0000FF] YES!  [/COLOR]:agree:
Is it possible that's all they did though? I haven't seen the ingredients.....I also loved the formula.

peanut

I was curious about Shiseido's role in Burberry products, especially with all the new reformulations. So I emailed Burberry and asked if Shiseido created and manufactured Burberry products in addition to distributing Burberry fragrance and cosmetic products.

Here's their response:
I can confirm that Shisheido does not manufacture or create any of our beauty products.

Maybe they're just reformulating as a result of taking their product in-house.

starletta8

Thanks for the links. I'm very interested in these since they're fragrance-free. I online chatted with Nordstrom yesterday and they told me they'd have them in April. Beauty Professor is going to review several shades soon. I would order from Burberry's own site but unless they've changed it they require a signature on delivery for even 1 lipstick and that's too much of a hassle for me.

It's been that way for well over a year now. However, if you have a boutique near you, you can collect in store for free, next day shipping.

Winthrop44

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2015/03/burberry-kisses-hydrating-lip-colour.html
Thanks. They look and sound great, but so far no colors I "need". I would normally gravitate toward Nude Pink, but after buying multiple TF Addisons I can't justify that one. I'm sure I'll find one to buy soon enough though!

Winthrop44

Here's another review with more shades http://beautygypsy.com/burberry-kisses-lipsticks http://www.talesofapaleface.com/2015/03/burberry-kisses-lipstick-review.html

starletta8

I tracked down another shade of the Sheer Eyeshadow and one of the two Lip Covers I've been meaning to pick up at Net-a-Porter.

If anyone spots Sheer Eyeshadows on sale anywhere online (other than the obvious Net-a-Porter and Saks- although if there's a restock I'd love to be tipped off), can you please PM me? I'm still looking for about 5 of them.

Bronwyn

I'm a lucky gal. Just ordered the sheer shadow in pale barley as well as a le metier de beaute shadow in corinthian. Netaporter shipping is exorbitant but at least it allows me to order burberry cosmetics in canada.

Medgal07

I'm a lucky gal. Just ordered the sheer shadow in pale barley as well as a le metier de beaute shadow in corinthian. Netaporter shipping is exorbitant but at least it allows me to order burberry cosmetics in canada.
That's awesome!

Sandalskt

I just got the original pale barley in the mail, but haven't used it yet. I do have LMDB Corinthian and love it. I am still on the fence about buying the gold holiday eye palette. I have very fair skin and dark hair. I wonder if it will run too warm on me. Any thoughts?

Bronwyn

I just got the original pale barley in the mail, but haven't used it yet. I do have LMDB Corinthian and love it. I am still on the fence about buying the gold holiday eye palette. I have very fair skin and dark hair. I wonder if it will run too warm on me. Any thoughts?
Good to know you love corinthian! I mostly ordered pale barley because I love my gold palette. I am quite fair and have blonde hair. I feel like it's more cool to neutral on me personally.