Canadian Brands: Lise Watier, Quo,...

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Really?? Crap i thought they did! Junkie, can you confirm this?

And no SDM carry NARS? I saw Benefit at one location which is great because now i can get those pricey velvet eyeshadows but i think NARS is only at Murale.

Though its owned by SDM, Murale doesn't always follow the same promotional events that a regular drugstore does. Try calling before a points event. This weekend, its 20x the points Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Oh! And there's a 10-piece LE QUO Brush set (new design and everything), down from $65 to $39 (40% off). There are only 4 in the display though and 2 are already sold from my work with another girl coming back for the third on Saturday morning. They're 25% off right now ($48.75).

Includes:

-smudge pencil brush
-concealer brush
-Angled eyeliner brush
-blush brush
-foundation brush
-condensed blush brush (more dense, less poofy)
-flat eyeshadow brush

and I can't remember the rest...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Whoo-hoo Canadians! Walmart is finally getting the Hard Candy line! I saw a huge empty display at my Walmart in Toronto (Scarborough) so its coming soon!

STC or the Superstore? Or another one? haha

Junkie

Oh and I found that the Sally Hansen dazzleglass dupes smell and taste like soap :S yucky!

High End (Prestige) brands sold at Murale:

-Dior (not the Don Mills/Lawrence one though - they do in Montreal I believe)
-Chanel
-Bobbi Brown
-Stila
-Cargo
-Estee Lauder
-Nars
-YSL
-Mommy's Makeup
-Lippmann Collection (I've noticed that everyone is lemming the nailpolish)
-Clarins
-Lancaster
-Cover FX
-Clinique
-Benefit
-BeautySoClean

My particular store has (Yonge/College):

-Anna Sui
-Smashbox
-Guerlain
-Lancome
-Clinique
-Benefit
-Dior
-Bare Escentuals

Lise Watier and Make Up Forever were discontinued at my location. We do carry a little Bourjois, Lise Watier, Du Wop, etc in those little display stands though - like mascara, lipgloss, make-up remover, little compacts of bronzer...

Queen/Beverley (across from Much Music) has a huge Bourjois section - the first I've seen of that size anywhere. Lise Watier is in the underground at Dundas Square, the Eaton Center, and the underground at Yonge/Bloor - I also think Yonge/Charles carries it. The Eaton Center and Dundas Square both carry a pretty good selection of No.7 and Du Wop.

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
Though its owned by SDM, Murale doesn't always follow the same promotional events that a regular drugstore does. Try calling before a points event. This weekend, its 20x the points Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

STC or the Superstore? Or another one? haha

Yeah going to collect some more points and Murale is having the opitmum promo as well. Its on their site!

I saw Hard Candy at the Agincourt Mall one but i'm pretty sure every Wal-Mart will be carrying the line as it was advertised in the flyer last week.

Ugghhh don't tell me the Sally Hansen dazzleglass dupes smell & taste like soap! I'm going to be scared to use mine now. I actually wore one on top of MAC's Cyndi and i didn't notice a smell or taste and i'm very sensitive to smells from lip products.

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
lol the one I bought - the coral one - bejeweled I think - does! :p

I have that one! And to be honest, i'm a bit scared to use it. When i bought it, i grabbed one in the back in fear people were swatching the front ones and it looked sealed. So when i opened it at home, i kinda noticed the thin plastic around it could slide off the top meaning it still could've been opened and it looked like there was a bit less product in there then the other two. So now i'm scared to use it for fear someone might have used it at the drugstore.

Anybody see the little Juicy Couture rollarball perfume set for $45? Last Christmas they had a spray version and i went/called about 10 SDM and they sold out in a day. So i'm thinking of picking one or two of these up for gifts. I already have a JC perfume but saw these at Sephora and they are $16 each and one is $22 so its a good deal. Plus its 20x the points when you spend over $50! Then i'll head over to Murale and cash out my points.

StarrySim

Quote:
High End (Prestige) brands sold at Murale:

-Dior (not the Don Mills/Lawrence one though - they do in Montreal I believe)
-Chanel
-Bobbi Brown
-Stila
-Cargo
-Estee Lauder
-Nars
-YSL
-Mommy's Makeup
-Lippmann Collection (I've noticed that everyone is lemming the nailpolish)
-Clarins
-Lancaster
-Cover FX
-Clinique
-Benefit
-BeautySoClean

Queen/Beverley (across from Much Music) has a huge Bourjois section - the first I've seen of that size anywhere. Lise Watier is in the underground at Dundas Square, the Eaton Center, and the underground at Yonge/Bloor - I also think Yonge/Charles carries it. The Eaton Center and Dundas Square both carry a pretty good selection of No.7 and Du Wop.

Murale (Don Mills) also carries Benefit, Guerlain, Bioderma, Shiseido (m/u too - some of the stuff is in the drawers and not on display, such as the eyelash curler and hydropowder e/s, you can just ask for them)

As for Bourjois, there's a brand new large display at the Eaton centre SDM. It's on the side, where the Boots No7 and GOSH stuff is. Nothing caught my eye though, it seems overpriced for what it is. I guess I shouldn't judge if I haven't tried them though

Nepenthe

I picked up the QUO brush set the other day, it looks gorgeous.. and for the price, I couldn't pass it up.

The sale ended Monday?

StarrySim

Hi girls! Does anyone know which downtown Toronto or North York SDM stores carry Bourjois? I know the Eaton Centre store has the whole new display, but I think I've seen them somewhere else too.

Junkie

The one at Queen and Beverley does too - near Much Music. They have a huge display.

I got the Rose Bourjois blush - they have fragrance in them. They don't smell as strong as Anna Sui products, but if you're sensitive, you might wanna skip out. Its like a powdery flowery scent - not rose, lilac or fresia...something else I can't quite name - not citrusy either.

Anyways - I promply gave it to my sister. I used it a few times and the pigmentation is really great, so the little dome will last awhile, but I figured the colour would suit her more. She's about an NW15 - I'm an NC 25/27/30 ish.

The dark green eyeshadow looks like it would be a decent dupe for the new green MES duo from Venomous Villians - or even Hocus Pocus by Laura Gellar.

HOTasFCUK

Murale is having an optimum cash-in promo....you get $100 for using 50,000 pts. and $200 with 95,000 points! Ok i'm not missing it this time like i did back in September!! Ends on Sunday.

And they don't care MUFE, right? Damn i want some aqua creams!

edit....whoa this is my first post since they new changes...who changed my avatar??? LOL i didn't!

StarrySim

Does everyone know about the 50% off mascaras sale at Rexall/ PharmaPlus this week? Just one or two exclusions, Elizabeth Arden and L'oreal Million Lashes I think. I picked up a Prestige My Longest Lashes - I had picked up My Biggest Lashes at last year's mascara sale, and I loved it. I wanted Full n Soft as well, but neither locations that I checked had it. I was getting scared that it was D/C'd.

And I don't like the site changes
ssad.gif
I feel like I should, because it's cleaner looking, but lately I don't even feel like logging on because it doesn't feel like home. Plus, they've erased all the thread subscriptions, so it's taking me long to find all my faves (like this one).

HOTasFCUK

Yes i saw it advertised this week! I want to try the Maybelline Falsies mascara. My stupid closest store is moving in November so they stopped using the flyer since July. They will still honor the flyer but too bad they don't deliver the flyer in my neighborhood anymore. Very smart of them lol but i checked it online so i might go to one in Pickering for some mascara!

Sadly i'm not use to the new site and barely come on anymore. I need to start adjusting to it thought because this is one of my fave sites ever and i've been on here for over 6 years now!

HOTasFCUK

^saw that!!! So is Murale the only SDM that carries NARS? None of the beauty boutiques do? Murale was sold out of NARS Rajasthan eyeshadow and i don't want to pay retail!

If i can't find it or swap for it, i might use my HBC points and pick it up from a Bay counter. Oh and i had a great time at Murale! They are helpful and they gave me and my friend a ton of samples with our purchases.

StarrySim

I've never seen NARS at SDM, only Murale. I do like Murale, but I wish they carried Dior and Lise Watier - that way I could do all my optimum redemptions there. They gave me a bunch of samples once too, but it was only to make up for the fact that they refused to let me use a $5 coupon I had for Bioderma (they said they don't take coupons, period). I thought that was pretty mean, now that I think about it I was going to complain but I forgot. Today I walked out of Pharma Plus because the cashier refused to let me use a coupon on toiler paper because it was on sale. Ridiculous. I walked across the street to SDM and bought whatever they had on sale instead.

HOTasFCUK

I've never seen NARS at SDM, only Murale. I do like Murale, but I wish they carried Dior and Lise Watier - that way I could do all my optimum redemptions there. They gave me a bunch of samples once too, but it was only to make up for the fact that they refused to let me use a $5 coupon I had for Bioderma (they said they don't take coupons, period). I thought that was pretty mean, now that I think about it I was going to complain but I forgot. Today I walked out of Pharma Plus because the cashier refused to let me use a coupon on toiler paper because it was on sale. Ridiculous. I walked across the street to SDM and bought whatever they had on sale instead.
I'm surprised Murale doesn't carry Lise Watier. Any new glitter liners coming out? My mother buys those by the case load LOL

Aggghh don't even get me started on coupons! I got into a fight at Walmart on Sunday with a cashier who was hassling me and then her and then manager couldn't even do proper math. I refused to back down since i know i was right (i'm a lurker on smartcanucks) and she finally processed everything. I was fuming when i left especially since i caused a huge lineup and it does get embarrassing! Do you happen to know how much the maybelline falsies mascara is going for at Rexall? Today is the last day for 50% off and if i see my boyfriend tonight, i might pick it up at the Rexall by his house.

StarrySim

Help me! Has anyone ever depotted Lise Watier single e/s? They're the same size as MAC, so I'd love to put them into my palettes, but I have no idea how. It looks like the pan is just inserted into a "hole," sort of like how a toonie is made of two pieces of metal. So I'm wondering if the pan will separate if I just drip ethanol around the edges? What do you girls think? Any better ideas?

HOTasFCUK - there are new LW kits out, and they have glitter liners (plus eye shine and couleur folle pigment). I might pick one up, haven't decided yet. The smoky eye kit is nice too, but I already have a black and white-ish single e/s from LW, which I got in the cat eye kit abour a year ago.

There are also brand new GOSH kits at SDM. I haven't seen GOSH kits before. They look pretty, but I was unimpressed with their eye shadows in the past and I don't really use lip products other than MAC (love the scent, can't use anything else anymore), so I will pass on those.

thiscarmen

Just to let all you ladies know, this week (up until Friday, November 12), SDM is having 20X the points when you spend $75+ in cosmetics!

Great time to get all your Christmas shopping done! Haha. Pretty much all the Christmas sets are in!

jenee.sum

Hi girls! Does anyone know which downtown Toronto or North York SDM stores carry Bourjois? I know the Eaton Centre store has the whole new display, but I think I've seen them somewhere else too.
I've seen it at Fairview. Bourjois took over the MUFE section. I was NOT impressed by that!
nonono.gif

I just found out about UD at SDM this past Sunday. I was in Whitby and needed to return something at shoppers. So I found the closest one, went in, and I saw UD. I DIED. Then I saw the Naked palette display!! Then I saw that i was EMPTY -- not cool. LOL I did put my name down though, so they will call me when they get them in stock. Woot woot!
Have any of you seen the UD in Whitby?

And I agree, Murale needs to make room for Dior!

Latest posts