Canadian Brands: Lise Watier, Quo,...

StarrySim

Murale is doing a bonus this weekend too! I got an email.

30,000 pts = $60
50,000 pts = $125
95,000 pts = $250

ansimi

I wish I had a Murale but my SDM bonus redemption was still pretty great!

I went with mostly Dior and Guerlain so my $250 didn't buy a lot of items but they're all beautiful and special. I tend to go for luxury when I spend points:) It really is a great loyalty program.

StarrySim

Quote:
I wish I had a Murale but my SDM bonus redemption was still pretty great!

I went with mostly Dior and Guerlain so my $250 didn't buy a lot of items but they're all beautiful and special. I tend to go for luxury when I spend points:) It really is a great loyalty program.

I went for mostly Dior too! Two quints, Rose Diamond shimmer powder, a Serum de Rouge. To round it out, I got some Lise Watier and the new PF gel eyeliners. I looked at Guerlain but nothing caught my eye. Besides, it's always good to have extra Dior Diva points :)

Shadowy Lady

I neever get updates from mt Murale when it comes to special offers. There are two of them in Ottawa, one in Orleans and one downtown. I've shopped at both many times and still don't get their promotional emails. Where did u guys register to get the points emails?

StarrySim

Quote:
I neever get updates from mt Murale when it comes to special offers. There are two of them in Ottawa, one in Orleans and one downtown. I've shopped at both many times and still don't get their promotional emails. Where did u guys register to get the points emails?

I registered on the website, even before I ever went to the store. There's a link right at the top, "Muse newsletter sign-up". Murale.ca

Junkie

Totally messed up the redemption values and points lol...I was too lazy to come back and edit.

Glad you girls got some great items from such an amazing promotion! Its the best Shoppers has had yet!

For the Justin Bieber/nail polish fans, we're also getting his nailpolish collaboration with Nicole by OPI this week. It should be in stores in limited quantities right now depending on the location. It'll probably sell out really fast.

On a different note...

For anyone interested in the drugstore Wet N Wild Holiday palettes that are really popular in MUA boards right now, I heard Zellers has been getting them. I need to check mine out tomorrow (I heard a few are real gems).

ansimi

The Wet N Wild holiday palettes haven't shown up in my Zellers stores. I bought one of their regular palettes and found it terribly smudgy so I wouldn't get another one but I checked for the purpose of this thread.

I did see the Justin Beiber polishes at SDM. How weird?? The packaging is normal but there's a little tag on the bottles with his image and some charity is involved but it wasn't explained on the little tag. There wasn't even a special display or anything. There was a very pretty minty shade that I might have bought if the charity were actually explained and if I didn't feel like I might be breaking the heart of some 8 year old by taking the last one.

In other news, The Bay has greatly expanded the range of beauty products on their website and they had free shipping when I looked at it recently. A great option if you don't live in a major city. It's also nice to be able to check the Canadian price on a lot of products. I hate it when you have to ask the price!

ansimi

Sometimes there are really good Boxing deals on drugstore makeup but I didn't spot anything I wanted this year. I usually buy my mascara on eBay now.

I did score some Essie and Orly polishes at $4.99 at London Drugs!

The best Boxing beauty deals are on the holiday-themed products or packages. It's a great time to buy gift sets that were already a good buy and are now marked down - like bath and body sets or salon hair sets. It's always worth checking the Bay beauty/bath section when they have big sales. They don't carry anything special but they put on better discounts than anywhere else. Last year I got Tweezerman and Cake at 50% off!

Our dollar is flirting with parity vs. USD now and we're doing really well against the Euro and GBP so I think I'll be doing some online shopping.

Junkie

Went to the Eaton center cuz I heard Sephora was having 50% off....turns out it was 50% off 2 display columns right at the entrance....crappy. I was SO disappointed...so were the other girls who waited in line. I ended up getting 2 of Lauren Luke's palettes - they were originally $45 I think when they came out, but I got them for $12 each. I honestly don't even remember the other items...thats how meh it was.

EmWyllie

I'm slowly falling in Love with Lise Watier. I've got an eyeshadow Quad from them, a couple of liners (which I LOVE), the concealer wheel and Folie Blanche. I've been eager to check out some of their lip items as well!

I know it's not Canadian specific, but GOSH is sold in Canada and not the US and I will cry if it is ever taken out of Canada. I've loved all but one GOSH product I've tried (which was the light'n shine lip gloss. Smelled like rotten cake, tasted even worse and was the tackiest most useless gloss ever. Plus it had a light in the applicator and a mirror on the side. Skank-In-A-Tube if you ask me.)

Joe cosmetic from Superstore are quite nice too! Their matte eyeshadows I have are bright and vivid and comparable to MUFE colours that I have as well. They obviously are easier to take off/not as long lasting but they are fantastic low-end dupes for them. I've heard some people mention that their Joe shadows are chalky and sheer but the ones I picked out are bright and vivid and not at al chalky.

ansimi

Junkie - Sephora has a lot of nerve advertising that as a Boxing Day sale! You'd think they'd understand the Canadian market a little better than that by now.

EmWyllie - Lise Watier is a really innovative brand. I always carefully check out their new products because they're often unique. They make some strange colour collections though. I bought Joe Fresh lip and cheek stains this Summer and they are really good quality. I haven't tried any of their powder products yet though.

For Western Canadians, London Drugs has a new house brand of brushes but didn't have testers out. They're also carrying a makeup brand I haven't seen before (Studio something?) that looks heavily influenced by MUFE in the packaging and seemed very pigmented and good quality in swatches. Anybody tried it?

There are a lot of new products from the "drugstore" lines hitting the shelves these days. They're so expensive here! I know brands like CoverGirl and Maybelline have really improved their quality but I'm not paying $12 for a lipstick in cheapo packaging and they often don't have testers. Or worse, the new CoverGirl lipsticks and foundations have no testers on the display but they also have no seal! The foundation is around $15 and is in an opaque package so you can't see the colour, they have no testers, and no seal on the products...won't be buying that!

commandolando

I saw in the Shoppers flyer that all Quo brushes and eyelash curlers are 40% off right now
sale.gif

EmWyllie

I picked up a couple of the Couleur Folle from Lise Watier the other day. I got Folie Pomme which is a golden green with BEAUTIFUL golden sparkle and shimmer through it. I also picked up Folie Violette, which is a rich purple with darker purple shimmer and glitter. Super impressed with them both!

Junkie

Hey Girls....came back to say hello :)

SDM this weekend has 40% brushes again - even the "Professional" line as well as spend $75 or more before tax and get 20x points.

On another note....anyone see GOSH Holographic nailpolish at any SDMs? Another Specktrette/MUAer friend of mine is looking for it desperately.

Looks like this:

Not my photo - just used for reference - credit goes to: Gejbafrom Parokeets.com (her blog).

I'd actually pick one of these up for myself too if I found it haha. Its so funky.

There's also a bin of GOSH at my location if anyone is interested - clearance items for $5 each - liners, pigments, lipgloss, etc. I work at Yonge/Carleton.

Annnnnnd....anyone see the Physcian's Formula Happy Boosters yet? There was a rebate offered on the website purely for Canadians - $6 back if anyone was/is interested in that. I can email the coupon if they took it down. I think it needs to be sent in with specially marked packages though.

Annnd...thats all? I haven't been to Murale in ages. I'm definately on a no-buy right now. Wedding planning is brutal and my cat getting sick was just the icing on the cake. ugh. lol. She's fine though so I'm happy :D

HOTasFCUK

Hey Junkie i saw that nailpolish at my Shoppers a few months ago but when i looked yesterday, i couldn't find ANY Gosh polishes so i was kinda surprised. I haven't seen the new PF Happy Boosters at SDM either but i did fidn them at Rexall and they are 25% off this week plus there is a $6 off mailin rebate. And speaking of the PF mail-in rebates, i picked up a black liquid liner/lash serum pen and their new organic mascara at Rexall and there is a FULL mail-in rebate forms on them so you get those free. I also read about it on smart canucks and you're allowed to get 1 of each product but its best to put the purchases on a separate bill and yo have to mail them in separatly as well. I'm on the fence about the Happy Boosters though.....the shades aren't jumping out at me. I heard SDM is supposed to get them in soon and the rebates will be vaild until the end of this year!

Junkie you're getting married??? Congrats!!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hey ladies, I'm hoping someone can help me here. On the Murale web site, the images show that they sell YSL items, but the one in Montreal never seems to have them. Is the image just out of date or is the Montreal Murale store just behind the times?

ansimi

Oooh, I haven't noticed those holographic polishes. The Gosh polishes I've tried are really nice and an excellent value.

I bought one of the new Quo lip gloss sticks in the pencil form and it's fantastic! Very similar to the ones Lise Watier have done recently and only $12. Be warned that they're fruity scented so that's not for everybody. They have new eye shadow sticks too but I haven't tried one yet.

Has anybody tried the new Marcelle lipsticks? I can't remember what they're called but they're on display now and the formula swatched beautifully and the colours are gorgeous. I don't usually bother buying drugstore lipsticks because MAC isn't that much more expensive and has a better buying experience. I'm tempted to try one of these though.