Cancer Awareness Through the Beauty of Color

glammy girl

Can't believe this month went by so fast... Really enjoyed this thread :) Here's to more themed threads in the near future...

Prettypackages

I'm not ready to leave the pinks yet. LOL

I wore a pink and khaki sweater, and had to do CYY again. LOL

This time I did Havana on the lids, and Saddle and Dark Dare in the crease, and Sweet Heat as a Highlight.

LOVING IT! LOL

Medgal07

PLOTD for Tuesday Oct 30, 2012
MAC except where otherwise specified

This was a minimalist look. Still no power in our home at this time (Tuesday) and concerned about our other properties, so my mood was a bit solemn and my makeup look reflected that sentiment.

EYES:
Groundwork PP to lids
Brown Down lid to just before brow
Soft Brown to transition
Rice Paper to brows
Black Track fluidline to line upper lids
Brown Down lower lash line
Feline close to lash line

FACE:
Too Faced BB Cream
P & P Light Boost Highlighter in triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana (applied with 116 Brush)
Coffee Walnut to contour (applied with 163 Brush), Shadowy Sculpting powder over Richly Honed (109 brush)
Pressed Amber Mineralize blush ( (applied with 128 Brush)
Pearl MSF to high-points (applied with 130 Brush)
MSF natural (applied with 129 Brush) to finish the look
Fix+ to set

LIPS:
Cork lip pencil to line
Pink Plaid

NAILS:
Essie's Marathin
cheerleader.gif
heart.gif
One Day to go........

Medgal07

PLOTD for Wednesday Oct 31, 2012 Theme...A farewell to Pinks!

...and what a month it was. We still have no power at this point, Wednesday the final day of our challenge. The power company is projecting restoration of our service by 11:00 PM Thursday, November 1st. So, I hold my head high knowing the end is near. Just a minor inconvenience for which we've compensated well. We have our home and each other...so thankful for everything!
I wanted to end with a bang so I took my time with this primary pink look.

EYES:
Groundwork PP to lids
Aurora Pigment to lid
Passionate e/s to base, outer vee and slightly above crease
Espresso over Passionate...blend well
Passionate e/s again over Espresso
Aurora again t0 inner 1/3 of lid
Sushi Flower e/s to lower lid
Carbon e/s, dabbed lightly to outer vee for depth
Goldmine dabbed deep into crease, just at center, blend everything well
Expensive Pink e/s to brows
Blacktrack fluidline to line upper lids
Sushi Flower to lower lid
Espresso e/s beneath Sushi Flower

FACE:
Estee Lauder Illuminating face primer
Face & Body (applied w/favorite 187 SH brush)
P & P Light Boost Highlighter in triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana (applied with 116 Brush)
Richly Honed to contour (applied with 163 Brush), Shadowy Sculpting powder over Richly Honed (109 brush)
The Perfect Cheek blush ( (applied with 128 Brush)
Silver Dusk to high-points (applied with 130 Brush)
Forever Marilyn (applied with 129 Brush) to finish the look
Fix+ to set

LIPS:
Cork lip pencil to line
Enchantee Kissable Lip Colour

NAILS:
Essie's Good Morning Hope
cheerleader.gif
heart.gif
We Did It........
heart.gif
cheerleader.gif

Medgal07

I did it! It took me forever to do, but I finished a full face of makeup. I wanted to do it before the challenge was over.

OCTOBER 31, 2012

FACE:
MAC Beauty Powder Forever Marilyn
Chanel Ombre Contraste Notorious - contour
NARS Blush Mounia
MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish Whisper of Guilt - highlight

EYES:
MAC Eye Brow Pencil Spiked
NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base - primer
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Strawberry Milk - base
Chanel Harmonie du Soir Quad: Bronze Gold Eye Shadow - tear duct, brow highlight
Chanel Harmonie du Soir Quad: Pink Shadow - inner lid
Chanel Harmonie du Soir Quad: Burgundy Eye Shadow - outer lid, lower lash line
Chanel Harmonie du Soir Quad: Taupe Eye Shadow - crease, outer lower lash line
MAC Extra Dimension Eye Shadow Round Midnight - outer v, smudged outer lower lash line
MAC Dark Diversion Fluidline - upper lash line
Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara I Love Black

LIPS:
MAC Lip Pencil Nightmoth - outline lips
MAC Lipstick Dramatic Encounter

I made pink the focus on my eyes and cheeks, so I went with a more dramatic lipstick color. I have no idea what I was doing with the contour. It was my first attempt. I made the fish face and just brushed it on there! I also think I overdid it with the Beauty Powder. There was a little bit of a Michael Jackson effect happening. I think that's why I opted for a more dramatic lipstick to bring more color to my face. Plus I thought a darker lip would be perfect on Halloween.
Wow CartoonChic, This is awesome!
I love burgundy eyeshadow!!! You put together one of my all-time favorite color scheme/makeup looks.
Fish face is a good start for a contouring novice. I was wedded to the fish-face technique until I read that starting at & aligning from the top of the ear also works. I use the 163 contour brush and have now started blending with the tip of the brush...love it. It was a little awkward at first but I've gotten the hang of it now.
CartoonChic, thank you so much for participating in the pink challenge. I have so enjoyed our time with this, and consider you a real cyber friend.

Medgal07

I wore a pink and khaki sweater, and had to do CYY again. LOL
This time I did Havana on the lids, and Saddle and Dark Dare in the crease, and Sweet Heat as a Highlight.

LOVING IT! LOL
LOL. Pink is a good color anytime right? I love, love, love Havana! What a nice combo. I plan on accessing this thread to recreate the looks and ideas that were shared here. It's been a lot of fun.
heart.gif
cheerleader.gif

CartoonChic

Wow CartoonChic, This is awesome!
I love burgundy eyeshadow!!! You put together one of my all-time favorite color scheme/makeup looks.
Fish face is a good start for a contouring novice. I was wedded to the fish-face technique until I read that starting at & aligning from the top of the ear also works. I use the 163 contour brush and have now started blending with the tip of the brush...love it. It was a little awkward at first but I've gotten the hang of it now.
CartoonChic, thank you so much for participating in the pink challenge. I have so enjoyed our time with this, and consider you a real cyber friend.
The sentiment is most definitely shared!
drinks.gif

I'm going to use your technique for contouring. I didn't like the fish face so much. I'd much rather get into the habit of using a technique I like better.

presstoblend

Can't believe this month went by so fast... Really enjoyed this thread
smiles.gif
Here's to more themed threads in the near future...
I can't either! Fiberluver says we should do Red for February's Heart Health Awareness. I say yes but I kind of want to do something now. Can anyone come up with any ideas?

Medgal07

LOTDA (Look of the day after) for Thursday Nov 1, 2012 Theme...Whatever Grabs Me

So, what did I wear the day after the 31-day pink challenge? I thought I would run for my oranges and browns, but then the reds were pulling at me...so LOL...I ended up wearing burgundy!

EYES:
Groundwork PP to lids
Aurora Pigment to lid (Aurora tends to look different at times, based on the surrounding colors but it is the prettiest pigment I own; always applied with damp brush)
Rich Core EDES (LE Aubergine metallic) to crease and transition area
Real Drama e/s (LE Dark burgundy w/pink pearl) to outer vee and crease
Plum Dressing e/s to transition area
Dark Dare fluidline to line upper lids, top Dark Dare w/Real Drama to set and prolong wearing time
Rich Core to lower lid

FACE:
Richly Honed to contour (applied with 163 Brush), Shadowy Sculpting powder over Richly Honed (109 brush)
Stratus mineralize blush ( (applied with 128 Brush)
Crystal Pink MSF to high-points (applied with 130 Brush)
Fix+ to set

LIPS:
Currant Lip pencil, line & fill
Outrageously Fun lipstick
Flight of Fancy lipglass (combo recommended by CartoonChic AKA Queen of Combos, and I love it)

NAILS:
MAC's Vintage Vamp, MM collex
cheerleader.gif
heart.gif
Love pink but burgundy was a nice 'transition from pink' color, & created a great look for the day after. BTW, the Hubster said "oh, your lips and nails match, that's really nice, and you look pretty"........
heart.gif
cheerleader.gif

CartoonChic

I can't either! Fiberluver says we should do Red for February's Heart Health Awareness. I say yes but I kind of want to do something now. Can anyone come up with any ideas?
The only thing I thought of was vampy lips for November for no particular reason. Probably because it would be the complete opposite of sweet and pretty pink. But I don't know if I can handle vampy every day. Maybe purple? Or just an autumn theme so we can mix in several colors that fit into fall?

CartoonChic

LOTDA (Look of the day after) for Thursday Nov 1, 2012 Theme...Whatever Grabs Me

So, what did I wear the day after the 31-day pink challenge? I thought I would run for my oranges and browns, but then the reds were pulling at me...so LOL...I ended up wearing burgundy!

EYES:
Groundwork PP to lids
Aurora Pigment to lid (Aurora tends to look different at times, based on the surrounding colors but it is the prettiest pigment I own; always applied with damp brush)
Rich Core EDES (LE Aubergine metallic) to crease and transition area
Real Drama e/s (LE Dark burgundy w/pink pearl) to outer vee and crease
Plum Dressing e/s to transition area
Dark Dare fluidline to line upper lids, top Dark Dare w/Real Drama to set and prolong wearing time
Rich Core to lower lid

FACE:
Stratus mineralize blush ( (applied with 128 Brush)
Crystal Pink MSF to high-points (applied with 130 Brush)
Fix+ to set

LIPS:
Currant Lip pencil, line & fill
Outrageously Fun lipstick
Flight of Fancy lipglass (combo recommended by CartoonChic AKA Queen of Combos, and I love it)

NAILS:
MAC's Vintage Vamp, MM collex
cheerleader.gif
heart.gif
Love pink but burgundy was a nice 'transition from pink' color, & created a great look for the day after. BTW, the Hubster said "oh, your lips and nails match, that's really nice, and you look pretty"........
heart.gif
cheerleader.gif
That's always a wonderful compliment to receive. Oh, maybe we can do a lips and tips challenge?

Haha, I just noticed the lip combo! Isn't it pretty!

Medgal07

HORRAY! You made it! Best challenge evah!

Plus you are the best sister ever! I'm so proud of you!

I'll be over your house tonight for some Halloween candy.

So, will we be doing Red lips for February???
You sisters, Fiberluver & Presstoblend are a riot! Thank you so much for joining the cause. I know it had very special close-to-home significance to you.
You are two very special ladies whom I have come to adore!
heart.gif

presstoblend

The only thing I thought of was vampy lips for November for no particular reason. Probably because it would be the complete opposite of sweet and pretty pink. But I don't know if I can handle vampy every day. Maybe purple? Or just an autumn theme so we can mix in several colors that fit into fall?
Autumn Theme sounds good!

Latest posts