Cancer Awareness Through the Beauty of Color

Medgal07

Medgal,

You used CYY!

How do you like it?

I haven't used mine yet - LE stuff drives me crazy!

Idk why I didn't grab 2!
thud.gif
I LOVE CYY. It matched my sweater nicely! Frankly I believe in using my stuff. When my eyes close for the last time on this earth I hope to have used everything that I own...at least once.
Besides which, I've convinced myself that I need to keep things moving to make room for new stuff...and MAC cranks it out faster than I can use it!
tumbleweed.gif

Medgal07

I love PB and SG.

I usually put PB on the lid & SG on the outer v (crease).

I then put something neutral like Saddle on the crease and then darken the crease with a darker brown.

I wouldn't put SG on the upper crease - too frosty.
I need to use my Preferred Beauty more. I think I've used it once. I was going to use it today but I was feeling like bronze w/pink. No idea why. Although lately I've seen quite a few bronze eyes with red lips and it looks so pretty. Rihanna is on the cover of the November issue of Vogue wearing a red dress, red lipstick and what appears to be bronze eye shadow and it looks stunning.

Prettypackages

I need to use my Preferred Beauty more. I think I've used it once. I was going to use it today but I was feeling like bronze w/pink. No idea why. Although lately I've seen quite a few bronze eyes with red lips and it looks so pretty. Rihanna is on the cover of the November issue of Vogue wearing a red dress, red lipstick and what appears to be bronze eye shadow and it looks stunning.
I'm going to do bronze with pink tomorrow!

Medgal07

Yes that's how I wore it. I don't care for Showgirl. I don't really do the steel grey or silver shades, so I'm not sure why I fell into the hype. But I have to be honest, it also looked bad b/c I did it in the car on the way to work LOL. I was a lil rushed.

Today I am wearing
Jete on the inner corner
Moth brown outer corner and in crease
Saddle as a transition color.
A lil bit of Jaunty as a highlight.

I wore Love Goddess and Beet today. I wore it as a stain.
legendary blush.

I like the look, but I'm wearing a fall colored blouse. (burnt orange, blues on a a gold background) So I don't really match. :-D
Oh I remember the days of in the car quickie makeup
girlhaha.gif

I have not yet used my Moth Brown or Jete!!! So much eyeshadow, so little time. I'd like to try your combo, It sounds lovely and not at all like it clashes with your blouse. How do you like Legendary blush?

Medgal07

PLOTD for Wednesday Oct 24, 2012 (Bronze Eye--Neutral looking, Bold Pink Lip)
MAC except where otherwise specified

EYES:
Constructivist PP to lid
Bronze e/s to lid
Twinks e/s to crease
All that Glitters e/s to transition, and....blend, blend, blend
Grain e/s to highlight brow
Blacktrack fluidline to line upper lid
Constructivist PP to lower lid, topped with Twinks e/s

FACE:
Estee Lauder Illuminating face primer
MAC Face & Body
P & P Light Boost Highlighter in triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana (applied with 116 Brush)
Copper Beach to contour (applied with 163 Brush), Shadowy Sculpting powder over Copper Beach (109 brush)
Light Year MSF to high-points (applied with 130 Brush)
NARS Gaiety blush ( (applied with 128 Brush)
MSF Natural to finish (applied with 129 Brush)
Fix+ to set

LIPS:
Moxie lipstick (My first time using it...how long ago did we get this?)
th_DANCE.gif

Edit: Forgot to mention that I wore 'More To Love' lip pencil w/Moxie

NAILS:
Essie's Watermelon (Seemed to be the closest match with Moxie
yahoo.gif
)
cheerleader.gif
heart.gif
SevenDays to go........

Fiberluver

I'm going to try it again, this is what I was aiming for, but like I said. I was in the car and probably looked a hot mess. LMAO
I hope it works!

I love SG and PB together!

Today I'm wearing another grey look:

1. MAC Peacocky eyeshadow in Unflappable (LE) on lid
  2. Preferred Blonde (LE) on tearduct
  3. Saddle in Crease
  4. Brown Down to darken crease
  5. Naked pigment as a highlight
  6. Dangerous Cuvee (LE) paint pot as a base

Greys are nice!

Don't give up on SG. Try wearing it all over lid with a tad of a highlight on the tearduct, a brown in the crease and highlight under brow.

Fiberluver

I LOVE CYY. It matched my sweater nicely! Frankly I believe in using my stuff. When my eyes close for the last time on this earth I hope to have used everything that I own...at least once.
Besides which, I've convinced myself that I need to keep things moving to make room for new stuff...and MAC cranks it out faster than I can use it!
tumbleweed.gif
I agree!

That's why I put myself on a no buy!

Nothing else until next March or so - depending on what is in the spring collections.

I'm not into Archie so I won't be purchasing any of that!

glammy girl

I agree! That's why I put myself on a no buy! Nothing else until next March or so - depending on what is in the spring collections. I'm not into Archie so I won't be purchasing any of that!
Believe me I've tried so hard not to buy anything but how hard is it to resist :shock: I constantly find myself going over my wishlists in my head, scary...

Medgal07

Medgal,

Do you like Moxie?

I haven't used mine yet!

I've been using LG alot! (sneak, sneak!)
Fiberluver, that's a sign! How many weeks ago did we buy Moxie? It's evident that we have way too much. So what...shoulder shrug...who cares...another shoulder shrug. YOLO.
I love it. It's vibrant and pretty. Very mood elevating...just what I needed today, and it went well with my bronzy neutral eye.

Medgal07

I agree!

That's why I put myself on a no buy!

Nothing else until next March or so - depending on what is in the spring collections.

I'm not into Archie so I won't be purchasing any of that!
mac_boxday.gif
today, for some PRO items that I nabbed when Pro hit the regular MAC site. I wish I could resist the urge. If it's not a collection it's a must have lipstick or whatever. I keep a running wish-list, by product. And forget looking at swatches and reading reviews. That totally fuels the desire. I do need to use up some stuff. I like things neat and orderly and soon it will be hard to keep them that way. Must try harder!!!!!
ohboy.gif

Medgal07

Believe me I've tried so hard not to buy anything but how hard is it to resist
icon_eek.gif
I constantly find myself going over my wishlists in my head, scary...
It's like a sport right? Stalking and hunting and then going in for the kill. Very compelling. The buzz is short lived because before we know it another collection is in our faces.

Medgal07

back2topic.gif
heart.gif
JUST SEVEN DAYS TO GO
heart.gif

As we approach the home stretch of this pink challenge I'm reminded beyond my own experience with breast cancer why awareness is such an important cause. My cousin recently had a bilateral mastectomy. Thankfully, it was detected early in one breast. She sought my advice, so I convinced her to have a contralateral mastectomy, removal of her remaining healthy breast, negating the fear and worry of later contracting cancer in that remaining healthy breast. It was through awareness efforts that she obtained an exam and subsequent testing. Although the road is a bit rough now, there's no reason why she shouldn't have a long bright future ahead of her. Please encourage your family and friends to be diligent about the health of their breasts and seek appropriate screening exams and testing. And by all means, do the same for yourselves!! I have become truly fond of you all and want you around (to enable me) for many years to come.
cheerleader.gif

CartoonChic

I can't believe there are only 7 days left! I lost complete track of time. I've worn a few more pink lipsticks, but can't remember what they were. I haven't worn any makeup for the past few days because I'm chin-deep in a project. But with 7 days left, I need to make sure that I do at least one full face look.

In the meantime, I changed all of the icons on my makeup lists to be pink!

glammy girl

:eek:ntopic:                                                                         :heart:        [COLOR=FF99CC]JUST SEVEN DAYS TO GO    [/COLOR]:heart: As we approach the home stretch of this pink challenge I'm reminded beyond my own experience with breast cancer why awareness is such an important cause.  My cousin recently had a bilateral mastectomy.  Thankfully, it was detected early in one breast. She sought my advice, so I convinced her to have a contralateral mastectomy, removal of her remaining healthy breast, negating the fear and worry of later contracting cancer in that remaining healthy breast.  It was through awareness efforts that she obtained an exam and subsequent testing.  Although the road is a bit rough now, there's no reason why she shouldn't have a long bright future ahead of her.  Please encourage your family and friends to be diligent about the health of their breasts and seek appropriate screening exams and testing.  And by all means, do the same for yourselves!!  I have become truly fond of you all and want you around (to enable me) for many years to come.  :cheer:
Here's to the good health of all the women out there :) This thread has been so motivating and supportive of this dear cause and although I couldn't contribute as much as I wanted to, I loved just being part of it, getting inspired by all the beautiful pink makeup looks you guys posted and just chatting to you all :) Medgal you are an inspiration and I'm sure I don't just speak for myself :)

Medgal07

I can't believe there are only 7 days left! I lost complete track of time. I've worn a few more pink lipsticks, but can't remember what they were. I haven't worn any makeup for the past few days because I'm chin-deep in a project. But with 7 days left, I need to make sure that I do at least one full face look.

In the meantime, I changed all of the icons on my makeup lists to be pink!
This month seemed to just zip right by! Your contribution has been great and your heart in the right place. I can't thank you enough!!
urock.gif
WITH YOUR PINK LIPSTICK ICONS!!!
cheerleader.gif
heart.gif

Medgal07

Here's to the good health of all the women out there
smiles.gif
This thread has been so motivating and supportive of this dear cause and although I couldn't contribute as much as I wanted to, I loved just being part of it, getting inspired by all the beautiful pink makeup looks you guys posted and just chatting to you all
smiles.gif
Medgal you are an inspiration and I'm sure I don't just speak for myself
smiles.gif
Glammy girl...thanks for your kind words. Were it not for you and the others on this thread, our Partners in Pink, I would have been doing this alone. Thank you for taking this pink journey with me!
heart.gif
cheerleader.gif

Medgal07

PLOTD for Thursday Oct 25, 2012 (Smokey State of Mind)
MAC except where otherwise specified

Today had to be a quickie makeup application day...no real room for creative expression because we had an 8AM delivery of plants and trees
for our front lawn. The gardening crew was here all day, soliciting my opinion about placement, in spite of having a working design from a landscape
architect. These interruptions only heightened my anxiety, as all the while, my MAC pre-order from Nordstrom went south! I didn't give a you fill in the blank....my
pre-ordered items were at stake!!

EYES:
Groundwork PP to lid
Preferred Blonde e/s to lid
Carbon e/s diagonally to outer 1/3 of lid, blend well
Handwritten e/s to crease
Dab of Carbon e/s to outer vee
Preferred Blonde e/s to highlight brow
Blacktrack fluidline to line upper lid
Groundwork PP to lower lid, topped with Handwritten e/s
Fascinating Eye Kohl to waterline

FACE:
Estee Lauder Illuminating face primer
MAC Face & Body
P & P Light Boost Highlighter in triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana (applied with 116 Brush)
Copper Beach to contour (applied with 163 Brush), Shadowy Sculpting powder over Copper Beach (109 brush)
Rose Quartz MSF to high-points (applied with 130 Brush)
Peony Petal blush ( (applied with 128 Brush)
MSF Natural to finish (applied with 129 Brush)
Fix+ to set

LIPS:
Cork Lip Pencil
Pink Plaid lipstick

NAILS:
Essie's Good Morning Hope
cheerleader.gif
heart.gif
SixDays to go........

Prettypackages

Yesterday I used the same look as the day before.

Jete inner corner, moth brown outer and crease, with saddle as a transition.

love goddess and beet.

I had on a taupe color top, the look came together nicely.

Today,

Woodwinked inner corner, and mulch in the outer corner crease, I used Soba to transition, and I forgot the highlight color. LOL

Love goddess and beet again, as a stain.

Legendary blush again.

-----I'm loving today's look. I even got a compliment this morning.

Medgal, I like Legendary, if gives off a faint pink sheen. It's really pretty and subtle.

Latest posts