Chanel Bombay Express Collection June 2012

thatKanojo

I would not buy nail polish with that price tag, that is pushing it over the top.
Not liking the additional $4 over their other vernis, but it is a beautiful color. I'm on the fence about their polishes; on the one hand it's just nail polish and no one can tell high end from low on the nail, but on the other hand they have some very beautiful finishes and the bottles are just so pretty to look at. ...but nearly the same thing can be said about any cosmetic.
wondering.gif

Miss QQ

I got a mailer saying the collection will launched on 20 July. There is a picture of the collection and the black illusion d'ombre looks sparkly, so I think its Myrifique.

Anitacska

I'm pretty sure it IS Mirifique. I have the post up on my blog now about the powder and Diwali nail polish if anyone's interested.

I got a mailer saying the collection will launched on 20 July. There is a picture of the collection and the black illusion d'ombre looks sparkly, so I think its Myrifique.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Interesting, I find Temptalia has been fairly hard on other recent Chanel highlighters (she says as much herself), but this one got a rave review.

http://www.temptalia.com/chanel-routes-des-indes-de-chanel-illuminating-powder-review-photos-swatches

Caise

I just read this review on Temptalia and I love it so much.. the question is - do I need a new highlighter for $80? ;-)

thatKanojo

Interesting, I find Temptalia has been fairly hard on other recent Chanel highlighters (she says as much herself), but this one got a rave review.

http://www.temptalia.com/chanel-routes-des-indes-de-chanel-illuminating-powder-review-photos-swatches
Guess it all depends on what you're looking for in a highlighter and your skintone. IMO it's far too gold to work for me. Perhaps ladies who can pull of a more bronzed look?

Haven

Thanks for the link! I was hoping to see swatches of this somewhere.

It would have to look amazing. Now I am lemming another $80 Chanel highlighter. Dang it!

Icecaramellatte

I'm loving the gold highlighter too but the price is making me think twice about it. I was so sure I would buy Diwali but it has been compared to OPI Glitzerland and I never wear that one. Hmm. I'm not sure if I will get it after all.

Miss QQ

I saw this collection. The gold powder is the best out of what Chanel has done, better than Or JC and Gold Fever JC. It is soft and pigmented, I think it works well as an eyeshadow. It is too gold for me as a highlighter. Myrifique is displayed, so no Nirvana. Diwali is pretty too. I like Brumes d'Or most! It looks brown but on my hand it doesn't look dirty or orange. Wonder how close it is to Imprevu. It looks very pretty in the review here. http://messywands.blogspot.sg/2012/07/blushing-with-chanel-brumes-dor-rose.html

Icecaramellatte

http://messywands.blogspot.sg/2012/07/blushing-with-chanel-brumes-dor-rose.html
Thanks for the info. I was wondering how different it is from Or since I have that one. I actually kind of think the highlighter would look very good on me. My skin is super warm. This color seems very unusual for a highlighter so it is very tempting. I've been dragging my heels about it somewhat due to price but mainly because I have gone highlighter crazy. But this one would be unusual in my highlighter collection. I may end up with it. I have been really curious about the Brumes d'Or. There hasn't been much mention of this.

bondgirl

I was hunting for the Bombay collection here in Norway. and sadly I could not find the collection. And the SA's would never know what I'm talking about.. >.<
But they did have the Rouge Coco Shine in Empreinte which I picked up! I love it, though I haven't been using it much. :) I really want the powder though!!!

shadowaddict

I really like the look of the highlighter, so pretty. I think I'm way too pale for it to work. But that's a very good thing for my wallet.

Icecaramellatte

I pulled the trigger on this collection. I was getting so nervous that we wouldn't see this collection in stores. It's been on Chanel.com for ages. Well, what seems like ages. I googled the collection in hopes of finding on face pics of Brume d'or. I didn't find much but what I did see I liked. I saw pics on a woman much lighter than me and it looked fab. I was thinking it would be a great fall color. Plus colors like this look very "natural" on on me almost like how pinks look "natural" on others so I have high hopes. I also bought gold highlighter and Diwali. I can't wait to get them. It would be just my luck for this collection to show up on counters soon as Bombay Express looks very fall like to me.

CartoonChic

I pulled the trigger on this collection. I was getting so nervous that we wouldn't see this collection in stores. It's been on Chanel.com for ages. Well, what seems like ages. I googled the collection in hopes of finding on face pics of Brume d'or. I didn't find much but what I did see I liked. I saw pics on a woman much lighter than me and it looked fab. I was thinking it would be a great fall color. Plus colors like this look very "natural" on on me almost like how pinks look "natural" on others so I have high hopes. I also bought gold highlighter and Diwali. I can't wait to get them. It would be just my luck for this collection to show up on counters soon as Bombay Express looks very fall like to me.
I ordered Diwali because of your post. I usually don't like to wear gold toned nail polish, but Diwali's pale gold color looks like it will work on me. The highlighter is a thing of beauty. Hopefully I can get it later. The body is willing, but the wallet is weak.

Icecaramellatte

I ordered Diwali because of your post. I usually don't like to wear gold toned nail polish, but Diwali's pale gold color looks like it will work on me. The highlighter is a thing of beauty. Hopefully I can get it later. The body is willing, but the wallet is weak.
LOL I like that statement. So true. So many wonderful things coming from Chanel as well as all the other collections. Fall/Holiday/Winter is going to a killer on the wallet.

CartoonChic

I got Diwali today and I really like it. The lighter gold color works well with my skin tone. Normally gold polish makes my nails look yellow instead of gold. I'm very happy with it.

Icecaramellatte

Just got Diwali, gold highlighter and Brume d'or blush. How can I tell if I got the US or Euro formula blush? I haven't tried anything yet but the highlighter didn't have a plastic covering. Is that unusual? It didn't look like it had been touched though. But now that I think of it, I don't think Horizon blush had one either.

Edit- I have the Euro formula. I compared it to Malice and Tumulte and now I see the difference. All my other JCs are Euro formula it seems. I didn't realize I didn't have many US ones.