Chanel Exclusive "Blue Illusion" collection

bis

I went to the Chanel boutique to swatch these. They had a mini collection with nail polishes, the two IdO, the stylo and a really pretty blue coin purse with the Chanel logo. Confirming my earlier suspicions, the light blue one is really pretty for those that can rock it. I am not one of those people. I know the texture is amazing yada yada, but the color itself is somewhat dupe-able. I justified not getting it because I already have MAC ED ES in Blue orbit as well as a handful other light blue metallic eyeshadows. the darker blue one is exactly what I have been looking for! It has a stronger black base than many of the black-based blue eyeshadows and perfect for blue smokey eyes. I am so glad I held out for this. It came home with me!
I am a confused with the very different swatches of Apparition. Sometimes it looks like a ver nice navy, sometimes more like a medium blue a la Deep Truth. On you, what kind of blue is it more resembling? Thanks.

katred

Specktra Bestie
FYI for those in Canada, this collection is a Holt Renfrew exclusive. I preordered Sky Line from the Holts in Vancouver. They recently had a huge change in staff with a complete overhaul of the counter staff (for Chanel) so the people who used to be there aren't there anymore. If you're in Canada and want a reliable SA, you can ask for Jessica in Vancouver.
This is great news! I was thinking we wouldn't get it at all! I've been avoiding looking at this thread because I didn't want to end up wanting things I can't have. Glad to know that I'll be able to get my little paws on it after all. Sky Line looks...
eyelove.gif

beauteblogueur

The collection has been released in Australia (exclusive to Chanel boutiques). I picked up the two Illusion D'Ombre's today, they're so beautiful. I'll have a review and swatches up on my blog tomorrow.

Updated: Swatches of Apparition and Destination

Miss QQ

I saw the collection yesterday and like it, but wasn't swept off my feet at this point, so I didn't buy anything. I put on one coat of the nail polish and it was more silvery blue, but I think with two coats or more, the blue would be more pronounced. The IdOs are very pretty, Apparition is a smoky deep navy on me, and the lighter shade is like the nail polish, silvery blue. I like the khol too!

bis - I think Apparition is black-blue on paler skin, and on darker skin, it shows more as a medium blue.

bis

I saw the collection yesterday and like it, but wasn't swept off my feet at this point, so I didn't buy anything. I put on one coat of the nail polish and it was more silvery blue, but I think with two coats or more, the blue would be more pronounced. The IdOs are very pretty, Apparition is a smoky deep navy on me, and the lighter shade is like the nail polish, silvery blue. I like the khol too! bis - I think Apparition is black-blue on paler skin, and on darker skin, it shows more as a medium blue. 
Thanks so much MissQQ :) Are you planning on getting anything?

Miss QQ

^^ Nothing at the moment. Maybe when you ladies start getting them, I'll cave when I read the raves. ;)

shontay07108

They just sent me an e-mail and the product photos are so pretty. Not sure if I should order, though. Wish I could swatch in person. Is this an online thing only?

CartoonChic

I'm getting the polish. I had Inimitable and June sitting in my cart since they're not available to order from Nordstrom. Sky Line will round out my order nicely.

Icecaramellatte

Oh now I wish this had waited a few weeks. I was just about to do a big Chanel haul and now I have to rethink things. I'm feeling like I should grab the Blue Illusion collection since there really isn't any info about how widely this will released in the U.S. I still haven't heard of the Bombay collection in stores in the U.S. and it's been on the Chanel site for quite awhile.

Also, I have seen any on eye swatches of Destination.

Haven

Because of my FNO preorder, I have decided to skip this collection. I have to show some restraint.

Icecaramellatte

I emailed Chanel about whether and when this collection as well as Bombay Express would hit stores. They responded yesterday:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact Chanel.

Please know that the Paris Bombay Express and Blue Illusion Beaut� lines
are available at Chanel Boutiques and select counters at finer
department stores.

As these collections are limited edition, they will only be available
for a limited time.

Thank you for your continued interest in Chanel."

Not exactly helpful. It doesn't say which counters, but it does make it sound like both collections are currently in some store counters now. Has anyone seen them?

Winthrop44

Generally when Chanel says that they mean what CartoonChic found out about the FNO sets:

I have some great news about the Chanel FNO Twin Sets! It turns out the they will only be available at two Nordstrom locations in the US and only a handful of Chanel boutiques in New York. I'm not sure if they're going to be available on Chanel's website or at other stores. But you can pre-order the sets from Nordstrom Seattle and Ala Moana in Honolulu. I found the info from ilse of TheUltimateMakeup.com.

I got caught up in the excitement and pre-ordered more than I planned to get. I did get the plum set, but I also got the pink lipstick and the beige lipstick. I wanted to order the pink and beige polishes too, but I'm already way over my budget.
Cafemakeup has also posted that sometimes country exclusives that can't be found elsewhere can be gotten from the Seattle Nordstrom, although so far I've never gotten lucky on that score.

Winthrop44

Cafemakeup tweeted yesterday that Apparition (the other one wasn't sold out at that point) would be restocked in 1-3 weeks per chanel.com, so if you wanted it and missed out not to worry.