Chanel Exclusive "Blue Illusion" collection

shontay07108

That was really quick. I thought people were still afraid of blue shadow. I have two of those illusion d'ombre shadows and while they are nice, they are not my favorite products. That's why I passed on these. They do look pretty in their containers, though.

Neicy

I am not a fan of the new formula for the IDO's They are not as shimmery and mousey. :(
Still love the colors though.

elkaknits

I have never worn blue eyeshadow... blue mascara yes, eyeshadow no. But they seem to have a lilac tint to them? ARGH

kimibos

im gonna go right now to the mall and pass by the chanel counter at both macys and nordstrom to see if i can atleast get the polish.

christin

I ordered apparition on the first day, was not real interested in destination as the color didn't look like anything special to me and I am also not a fan of this new overly smooshy riviere like texture so I'm trying to stick with more of the unique colors.

Ingenue

I received both Apparition and Destination Illusion d'Ombre pieces yesterday, and I have to send them back.
ohboy.gif
They're both nearly dried out and shrunk up against the side of the jar.

I called Chanel, and the rep said of course I could return them, no problem. But naturally they are out of stock, I can't repurchase them. At this point, I'm not sure that I will unless they show up at a local store and I can take a look at them in person before I plunk down nearly $80 for the both of them.

I work with enough cream products to know that they'd have to have been exposed for a significant amount of time for them to look like they did when I opened them. I told her that all of my other Illusion d'Ombre pots (I have every color) have not even 'remotely' begun to change in terms of shape and formulation, and I got the first batch when they first came out.

I'm wondering if anyone else had this problem. Maybe I just got a bad batch.

Winthrop44

Well that stinks. I haven't seen any like that on MUA or heard anyone mentioning it for these 2, but I did get a Fantasme like that once.

xphoenix06

Ingenue - I've heard that some counters have had problems (delays, wrong shipments, missing shipments) lately, I'm not sure about the boutiques or the website though.

kimibos

I received both Apparition and Destination Illusion d'Ombre pieces yesterday, and I have to send them back.
ohboy.gif

I called Chanel, and the rep said of course I could return them, no problem. But naturally they are out of stock, I can't repurchase them. At this point, I'm not sure that I will unless they show up at a local store and I can take a look at them in person before I plunk down nearly $80 for the both of them.

I work with enough cream products to know that they'd have to have been exposed for a significant amount of time for them to look like they did when I opened them. I told her that all of my other Illusion d'Ombre pots (I have every color) have not even 'remotely' begun to change in terms of shape and formulation, and I got the first batch when they first came out.

woah. that sucks. if you find them at a store could you please tell which one. they didnt have this collection at my nordstrom counter.

MissTT

This collection will be exclusive to the Seattle Nordstrom and should be available next week or so.

Ingenue

Ingenue - I've heard that some counters have had problems (delays, wrong shipments, missing shipments) lately, I'm not sure about the boutiques or the website though.
I was told that the boutique in Beverly Hills would get it... so I just have to get on the waiting list to get them.

Icecaramellatte

ohboy.gif

I didn't notice at first but after this post, I went back and check my Illusion d'ombre and I noticed the same thing. To tell the truth, I was on the fence about sending them back. I wasn't sure I wanted to deal with the hassle of returning them. But I was leaning toward it. These are pretty pricey after all. Well, I went to Bloomies @59th and low and behold, there they were. I bought them but made the SA open them up first. The dark blue was fine and the light blue was slightly separated from the side but not much. The SA tried to tell me they were fine to use. Yes, I know that but I was concerned about missing so much product. I think she was worried I was going to return them to her counter. The surprising thing was they had all of the Bombay collection too. Oh wait, I didn't see the Brume d'or blush but maybe it was just in another place. I was so annoyed because I really would have preferred to buy them in store than on line.

BTW they still had Vegas and the eyeshadow quint Matellesse??? something. I can't believe Vegas is still there, I guess it didn't sell well. I may add the quint to my wish list. I liked the colors but it always seemed like fall colors and seemed odd as a spring release. Oh and they had the Fashion Night Out stuff too.

Ingenue

You're so lucky! I'm glad you found two good pots. I wonder if Chanel just rushed this one and shoved these quickly along the production line. I ended up pressing mine back into the pot. You're right.. it's definitely less product. Normally, you get a dome on any new Illusion d' Ombre... but when I pressed it, the product only filled half the pot.

I'm kind of over it. But it left a sour taste for me with Chanel. I expect better.

Miss QQ

My Ebloui IdO is also shrivelled up and the whole lump can be removed from the pot. It happened less than a month after I bought it. After reading that some IdOs are like this from this thread, I brought mine to the chanel studio and I wasn't treated pleasantly. The SA contradicted herself by saying that no customers have brought back a shrivelled IdO, and went on to say she advised customers who feedbacked about dried IdOs to shut the cap tightly. She said the testers were used for such a long time and all were still in good condition (which I agree, but I always feel that testers are different, better version of the products to win customers over). I explained that I kept the cap tightly on after each use and I have other IdOs but they are still soft and moussy. Then she kept repeating her contradictory statements to drive me out of the shop. Since I wasn't getting anywhere with her, I left and it certainly left a sour taste for me with Chanel too. I notice there are many new SAs lately who aren't at the usual chanel standards. In the past, there were usually a couple of less helpful SAs, but those were the odd ones. I'm passing these two blue IdOs for sure.

Icecaramellatte

My Ebloui IdO is also shrivelled up and the whole lump can be removed from the pot. It happened less than a month after I bought it. After reading that some IdOs are like this from this thread, I brought mine to the chanel studio and I wasn't treated pleasantly. The SA contradicted herself by saying that no customers have brought back a shrivelled IdO, and went on to say she advised customers who feedbacked about dried IdOs to shut the cap tightly. She said the testers were used for such a long time and all were still in good condition (which I agree, but I always feel that testers are different, better version of the products to win customers over). I explained that I kept the cap tightly on after each use and I have other IdOs but they are still soft and moussy. Then she kept repeating her contradictory statements to drive me out of the shop. Since I wasn't getting anywhere with her, I left and it certainly left a sour taste for me with Chanel too. I notice there are many new SAs lately who aren't at the usual chanel standards. In the past, there were usually a couple of less helpful SAs, but those were the odd ones. I'm passing these two blue IdOs for sure.
I know these cream products are sensitive to air and don't last as long as powder but I was just bothered that it arrived this way. It just reminds me that I have to be careful not to buy too many of these types of products as they don't last long.

For anyone who was disappointed in the quality of their Apparation/Destination Illusion D'Ombres or thought they missed out, both are back in stock on chanel.com!

shontay07108

I'm tempted two order the 2 illusion d'ombres, but something is holding me back. I'm thinking about how much I'd actually use them. I buy blue shadows, but I never really wear them enough.

Ingenue

I've given up Shontay. I don't use them enough to really justify going through the rigamoro of returning them (it might actually be too late) and reordering them again.