Chanel Eyeshadows

Miss QQ

In my country they are perm, but this is Asia so I'm not sure about other parts of the world.

jmarie

I wasn't sure where to post this. Has anyone seen this comparison to Topkapi with other palettes? I thought it was very well done.
http://joeychong.wordpress.com/2011/07/10/chanel-topkapi-vs-urban-decay-naked-lunasol-shelly-ocean-others/

Winthrop44

Oh that's a really great set of comparisons she did! I agree that the gold is paricularly unique. Thanks for the link!
thmbup.gif

Icecaramellatte

I wasn't sure where to post this. Has anyone seen this comparison to Topkapi with other palettes? I thought it was very well done.
http://joeychong.wordpress.com/2011/07/10/chanel-topkapi-vs-urban-decay-naked-lunasol-shelly-ocean-others/

Great comparison. Thanks for posting but now I want to check out the Shiseido foundation brush. The article posted was really interesting.

Edit - I also like the look she did with Topkapi. I wouldn't have thought to pair that quad with pink lips but it looks good.

http://joeychong.wordpress.com/2011/07/02/look-in-topkapi/

Miss QQ

I bought the foundation brush on Saturday and I use it today to apply Diorskin forever liquid foundation. Since this is the first time I'm using it, I'm not saying I love it or hate it yet. The bristles are short, firm but soft and I could spread and blend the foundation into my skin easily without too much being absorbed by the brush. The box of the brush says to avoid using water-resistant foundation with it. So MUFE face and body is a no? I wish the brush is slightly bigger, and the handle longer. I like my foundation brushes to be long-handled because I to blend foundation into my skin I need more force than applying loose powder or blush, and short handles kind of hurt.

jmarie

I bought the foundation brush on Saturday and I use it today to apply Diorskin forever liquid foundation. Since this is the first time I'm using it, I'm not saying I love it or hate it yet. The bristles are short, firm but soft and I could spread and blend the foundation into my skin easily without too much being absorbed by the brush. The box of the brush says to avoid using water-resistant foundation with it. So MUFE face and body is a no? I wish the brush is slightly bigger, and the handle longer. I like my foundation brushes to be long-handled because I to blend foundation into my skin I need more force than applying loose powder or blush, and short handles kind of hurt.
I have the foundation brush. It is nice to lay down product however, I prefer foundation brushes that buff in product.

Miss QQ

Yeh it doesn't buff in the foundation well. I didn't noticed/didn't look into the mirror up closed until in the late afternoon, when I saw that I had foundation just sitting at the part between my brows and it made my pores looked huge! I was mortified and used my fingers to rub it off. To think I spent the day looking like this! I will still use it and hopefully work out a way to make it work.

jmarie

I initially thought that Topkapi looked muddy on me but, now I am loving it. The colors make my eyes sparkle. Is anyone else loving it?

shontay07108

Can I post about Illuion D'Ombre here? Well, I tried Epatant back when it came out, but I had to return it because I had some kind of reaction to it. Well, today for whatever reason, I decided to give it another shot. I guess because I love the color so much. I'm happy to report that nothing has happened after a few hours of wear (before it was only minutes before my eyes began to itch). I guess my skin was going through something back then. Now, I want to get Illusoire next. I also bought 2 eyeliners: Jade and Black Jade. They're beautiful. I was like a kid in a candy store in Neiman Marcus. :D

Winthrop44

Oh tell me about Black Jade Shontay. I've had it in my cart for days, lol. Have you tried it yet? I'm wondering about the staying power. I don't think I've tried that formula before except for Clair on my waterline.

shontay07108

Thanks, Winthropp. Well, there's good and bad news with Black Jade: If you want it for the waterline, it fails. If you really want something that looks like it's anything other than black on the waterline, it fails. Where this works is on the upper lashline. It lasts and depending on what shadow you put it with, you can give the color more dimension. It would work better if you use it just under the waterline (if you actually do that. Sometimes I do). It's pretty, but depending on what you use it for, it might not be a must have.

shontay07108

Well, I just put it on while I have Epatant on my lids and it's gorgeous! It's a darkened teal and it actually shows. I'd say it reminds me of a deeper, less shimmery undercurrent by Mac. Uh oh, Elegant. I think I have to insist that you buy it. :lol:

Latest posts