Chanel Eyeshadows

suenoojos

does any one here know of a dupe for chanel topkapi quad
i want a backup or dupe soo bad !!
its my everyday to go quad

Miss QQ

^^ I feel the individual colours are rather dupeable, though I can't think of a quad that is a complete dupe, but of course the pigmentation and texture of Topkapi is superior, they are like butter. How do you wear the quad? Do you use all 4 colours? I love it but for some reason I don't reach for it often.

suenoojos

^^ I feel the individual colours are rather dupeable, though I can't think of a quad that is a complete dupe, but of course the pigmentation and texture of Topkapi is superior, they are like butter. How do you wear the quad? Do you use all 4 colours? I love it but for some reason I don't reach for it often.
Oh ya the pigmentation is Amazing ! Its my fav quad
Well usually i put the taupe color all over the lid , the bronze in the crease and the dark brown in the outer v and as liner
i take the gold and put it in the inner corner and slightly under the lower lash line
i line both my top n upper lash line with black liner and crap ton of mascara lol
i have almost black eyes and the quad makes my eyes glow !
love it !

lollypop

^^ Sounds gorgeous! Yeah these are very lasting! Is Emerville very warm? I'm afraid it may give me the tired look.

For me, it look kind of weird on it's own but combined with brown e/s in the crease and around the eyes makes difference. It's great for daily looks.

Karen_B

I think I am going to treat myself to some high end makeup tomorrow - I have a savings account called "Ladies' Nice Things" where I put a little money each month towards, well, ladies' nice things. Taupe Grise has really caught my eye as I love taupe shadows, but I recently got Keep Your Cool by MAC - are they similar?

peanut

I think I am going to treat myself to some high end makeup tomorrow - I have a savings account called "Ladies' Nice Things" where I put a little money each month towards, well, ladies' nice things. Taupe Grise has really caught my eye as I love taupe shadows, but I recently got Keep Your Cool by MAC - are they similar?

I love your "Ladies Nice Things" account!! What a great idea!

Karen_B

I love your "Ladies Nice Things" account!! What a great idea!

Thanks! I got the idea from a Marian Keyes book, where one of the characters had an account like that. It's really great, because you don't have to feel so guilty when you splurge - after all, that's what the money was for!

tiramisu

Does anyone have an opinion on whether the IdO in Ebloui is similar in shade to MAC Antiqued? or Twinks, even? I don't want to get Ebloui if it's very similar; i would actually attempt to use up what i have in that case! Have tried to search here/Google it but not really finding much MAC dupe/comparison info for this shade specifically Any help? Thanks. I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot.

jRoxy13

I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot.
I would say it's more burgundy/red than either of those (although it still leans more brown than red on me), with Twinks being closer. Temptalia lists a mix of Urban Decay Gash and MAC Cranberry as a possible dupe, but I would note that the sparkles will be absent in other shadows. Here are Temptalia's swatches of the three - I find her lighting to be pretty consistent. L-R Antiqued, Twinks, Ebloui:

tiramisu

You are a sweetheart for doing that, putting all three of her swatches together like that to compare here! Saved me so much time. Thanks so much jroxy! :bouquet:

Shypo

Thanks!!! I guess I will pass on the one on ebay. I know better than to buy without swatching first. I might go check out MAC's Beautiful Iris because it looks similar to Lavande, at least to see if I like the color on me.
Beautiful Iris is a great color, and you might be better off with it. Lavande is pretty (I have it) but as Winthrop said, it's not as pigmented (doesn't stop me from wearing it, but only if I don't want 'pow' color).

Sometimes you can still find the d/c items on Strawberry or Izzy's too.

Bonitinha

^^Prelude is one of my favorite quads. It can create soft, neutral looks or you can smoke it out for a more dramatic look. The dark brown shade is gorgeous and pigmented.
I need to break out my Enigma quad again. I don't use it much during spring or summer -- but it is great for fall/winter. More dramatic and for a smokey eye.

Monsy

eclosion

more pics here
http://cheekmeout.blogspot.com/2012/12/chanel-eclosion-quad-review-photos.html

Shypo

Both are staples in my rotation.....great pic Monsy! Hope you enjoy wearing both quads! Enigma may become hard to come by since it's been replaced by Raffinement.......and speaking of Raffinement, wow. Major love for that one!!
heart.gif

Monsy

enigma replaced by raffinement? but those two have nothing in common

i am waiting on my order with prelude to arrive on wednesday. can't wait to try it