Chanel Eyeshadows

Shypo

I wasn't sure where to post this. Has anyone seen this comparison to Topkapi with other palettes? I thought it was very well done.
http://joeychong.wordpress.com/2011/07/10/chanel-topkapi-vs-urban-decay-naked-lunasol-shelly-ocean-others/

Very interesting and helpful comparisons. I'm wishing I had bought a backup of Topkapi though :(. Love that taupe shade!

User38

I never got Topkapi.. and maybe I am missing out but I'll live.. lol. That is a lovely green black pencil..

C!.. just mailed you
heart.gif

Miss QQ

I have Clair kohl which doesn't last on my waterline at all. I think nothing lasts on my waterline. But the black jade is beautiful. I have to use the taupe in Topkapi on my lids. Every time I reach for Topkapi, I use the gold shade and then the dark brown. I like the gold shade very much.

I bought Nymphea quad a few months ago and after playing around with it, I'm disappointed to say the shadows are not pigmented and not lasting. It is an old quad, but mine was manufactured in late 2010 or earlier this year. The pigmentation is unlike the newer quads like Prelude and Lilium, and I'm refering to the baked ones. Too bad, because the colours are pretty, especially the coral.

HG - Topkapi is a strange quad. I don't think about it a lot or want to reach for it often, but each time I use it, I am surprised by how pretty the shimmers are in the gold shade and how soft and pigmented the shadows are. The colours are very dupeable though.

User38

msqq.. I love Clair.. it stays on my waterline and doesn't irritate my contacts.. so that's all good. On the other hand, most skin coloured pencils like MAC's chromographic made my eyes sting and water.. so no go.

sometimes I would love to see one Chanel spectacular colour like the taupe from Topkapi being sold as a refill.. lol. I won't buy a whole expensive palette for one es alone.

User38

I just read a Cafemakeup review on BL.. and Amy does mention that the colour compares to MAC Naked
hmm.gif
.. without the glitter. I love Mac Naked for use all over my eyelids.

Shypo

I agree about not buying a palette for a single color - and I do wish that Chanel would release the taupe color in a vat......but I love the quad in its own right as well (the brown-y-purple color is amazing).

I wouldn't have compared Naked to BL, but that's just me - Naked for me is more opaque than I found BL. But I'll see how 'round 2' does.......I'm thinking that maybe the brush I'm using might have been the problem, so I'm going to experiment a bit.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I've bought a few Chanel single shadows, but none of the quads yet. Anyone have an idea where a girl with very pale blue eyes could start indulging her Chanel quad love? A lot of them look very nice, but I want to choose one I'll get a lot of use from. I'm pretty open as far as colours are concerned (I think everyone here knows that).

elegant-one

msqq.. I love Clair.. it stays on my waterline and doesn't irritate my contacts.. so that's all good. On the other hand, most skin coloured pencils like MAC's chromographic made my eyes sting and water.. so no go.

sometimes I would love to see one Chanel spectacular colour like the taupe from Topkapi being sold as a refill.. lol. I won't buy a whole expensive palette for one es alone.

How does Clair color compare to MAC's chromographic on the waterline? I didn't care for the mac color & it didn't stay put. I do like the mac one for around the outside of my lips & spot cover though.

User38

MAC's chromo gave me tearduct snots..lol... and also gave me slightly irritated eyes when I wore my contacts. Staying power for MAC on the waterline is poor imo.

Chanel's is a softer kohl pencil which won't irritate my eyes... colourwise it is not as stark looking.. a softer cream colour and the wear time for waterline use is quite good.

I would not use chromo on my spots.. there are better products made for that.. i.e. concealers with special cover or tinted to diffuse any spots. I use the Shu uemura double ended pencil for my white spots on the face.. or the Cle de peau concealer... either work well.

for lips, good.. but try a reverse pencil with no colour which helps with feathering. good stuff.

Miss QQ

katred - How about Enigma? It's a smoky purple, but also can be day friendly. I don't really know what eyeshadows go well with pale blue eyes. Mine are dark brown, very boring, goes with everything.

jmarie

I wore Fantasme and Emerveille combo on Thanksgiving Day and received many compliments including one from my hubby. First, I applied to my lid MAC's Painterly Paint Pot followed by Fantasme then Emerveille. I used some bronzer in my crease and did a thick black winged liner and mascara. I was very pleased with the look and the sparkles didn't look over done. The best part was that it looked exactly the same way after 8 hrs as when i first applied it in the am.

Miss QQ

^^ Sounds gorgeous! Yeah these are very lasting! Is Emerville very warm? I'm afraid it may give me the tired look.

elegant-one

^^ Sounds gorgeous! Yeah these are very lasting! Is Emerville very warm? I'm afraid it may give me the tired look.

Its a very pale light peachy nude. Really pretty but very subtle. I would imagine that you can make the color pop a bit more by using over a cream base

Winthrop44

I used to but swapped it. Do you have a question about it? Not sure I'll remember it enough to answer but I'll try...

Winthrop44

If I remember correctly my main problem with it was that it didn't look so great on my skintone. I don't remember it being so pigmented either, but some MUA reviews say it is -- that might have something to do with how the one I swapped for was handled.

jmarie

Thanks!!! I guess I will pass on the one on ebay. I know better than to buy without swatching first. I might go check out MAC's Beautiful Iris because it looks similar to Lavande, at least to see if I like the color on me.

Latest posts