Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thank you so much Ladies!
heart.gif
I saw this look on your blog this morning. Really stunning and definitely makes me want the quad that much more.

CartoonChic

^
lol.gif

So, Rouge Noir lipstick - yes or no?
I like the color and I like how it's buildable. To me, it looks good as a wash of color and at full strength. I'm not sure how similar it will be to L'Impatiente if you're getting that lipstick. I think it could work well with the quad, too.

franlynne

I've had rouge noir for about two weeks now, and I love it!! The matte velvet lipstick that belongs with the holiday collection has a touch more purple in it. I prefer the finish on the rouge noir. I am extremely pale, with blonde hair, and blue eyes. I find darker sheer colors easier to wear than lighter brights. I am a huge fan of Chanel and have been reading all your posts for a long time, but was a little nervous to contribute. You all seem so nice and I do share the same passion for makeup! My collection, at this point in my life, has grown embarrassingly huge, but somehow I think all of you lovely ladies will understand!! :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
I've had rouge noir for about two weeks now, and I love it!! The matte velvet lipstick that belongs with the holiday collection has a touch more purple in it. I prefer the finish on the rouge noir. I am extremely pale, with blonde hair, and blue eyes. I find darker sheer colors easier to wear than lighter brights. I am a huge fan of Chanel and have been reading all your posts for a long time, but was a little nervous to contribute. You all seem so nice and I do share the same passion for makeup! My collection, at this point in my life, has grown embarrassingly huge, but somehow I think all of you lovely ladies will understand!! :)
th_770016001157748873-final.gif

Nice to see another very pale, blonde-haired, blue-eyed darker lip fan on the board!

CartoonChic

party.gif
YAY! I received a call from my SA at Saks. They have the holiday collection and she's shipping out my order.

I can finally play with Notorious, too, and a few other Chanel goodies since it was all part of one order. I did not order the quad yet. I'm still waiting until tomorrow to take advantage of my credit card promotion. And I think MissTT mentioned something about a GWP tomorrow that I need to look into, so it will work better for me to wait just one more day.

CartoonChic

specktra_welcome.gif
Yes, we understand!

Ingenue

Gorgeous. I have absolutely no qualms about getting the quad. I'm just waiting to order it tomorrow to take advantage of a promotion with my credit card. What's on your lips?
Thanks everyone!

Elegant and CartoonChic, that's OCC Lip Tar in Strumpet. Applied with a brush, no liner.

elegant-one

grouphug2.gif
th_sign_woot.gif
nah, don't be nervous here. And yep, we understand the huge part of makeup collection
sigh.gif
lol.gif

Rouge Noir it is!
pretty.gif

Winthrop44

Don't be nervous. We LOVE new Chanel addicts here. The more the merrier!
party.gif

Liz2012

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

franlynne

Thank you all for the very kind welcome. I had malice on today for a short time. It's a redder version of vamp. Vamp has that purple bit of undertone in it. Both are so perfect for this time of year. I have the eye quad, malice, and stardust so far. My dear friend is the Chanel manager at my local Macy's and they are having a big event next Friday. She is absolutely terrific and I am so grateful to work with someone of her caliper. She's been with Chanel for well over 20 years and it's a pleasure to work with someone who really knows the industry. Finding someone like that at your local counter is so rare.

franlynne

Stardust is aptly named! It does have a sparkle to it. But Chanel does sparkle in such a classy way! Confined to the upper part of the cheekbone it is just glorious. I think it is the perfect companion to a smokey eye. It so belongs in this holiday collection. In addition to that glow you get from most of their blushes you do get a little extra "stardust". It's nothing crass or garish, just lovely and festive. Perfect for that special holiday look!

franlynne

Oh.no!! ;) Do you have tweed pink? That has sparkle in it as well. But unless you are out in direct sunlight, it's not really that obvious. It is just a lovely sparkle, not glitter!

Winthrop44

Nope, I don't have Tweed Pink. The only light Tweed blush I've ever had was Rose subtil (I think it was an Asia exclusive but I'm not sure anymore) and the color really didn't show up on me. Couldn't get Narcisse to show up on me either. Does Star Dust have more color to it than that?