Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel

MissTT

Congratulations!!! Over the weekend I just figured out I'd been applying it incorrectly. (Totally using the NARS Ita brush wrong.
blush-anim-cl.gif
) Now that I know how to use my contour brush I'm going to be trying Notorious more often.

Prettypackages

J
Congratulations!!! Over the weekend I just figured out I'd been applying it incorrectly. (Totally using the NARS Ita brush wrong. :blush: ) Now that I know how to use my contour brush I'm going to be trying Notorious more often.
Congratulations!!! Over the weekend I just figured out I'd been applying it incorrectly. (Totally using the NARS Ita brush wrong. :blush: ) Now that I know how to use my contour brush I'm going to be trying Notorious more often.
how were you wearing it wrong? And thank you!

MissTT

J how were you wearing it wrong? And thank you!
I was using the brush wrong like a fool. I was holding it horizontally and swiping a dark line across my face then trying to blend it out. It was so dark and looked silly. I needed to hold the brush vertically, but initially I thought that was way too much surface area to apply contour powder. It was my first time ever contouring and I was confused.
blush-anim-cl.gif

Shypo

Great news PP!!! So glad you found it! I even considered trying to find a backup, but honestly, at my age I'm not likely to finish even this one
cutey.gif

Yeah, contouring is still a challenge for me - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but like anything else, it's practice I guess.

CartoonChic

I was using the brush wrong like a fool. I was holding it horizontally and swiping a dark line across my face then trying to blend it out. It was so dark and looked silly. I needed to hold the brush vertically, but initially I thought that was way too much surface area to apply contour powder. It was my first time ever contouring and I was confused.
blush-anim-cl.gif
Lol, I would've tried it the first way you did it too. Now I know how to use it when I eventually order it.

Icecaramellatte

I haven't worn the quad much from this collection but I have really been loving Mystery. If the MA hadn't put it on me for a makeover, I would never have tried it. I tend to wear it more with the Premier Regard quad though.

Prettypackages

I was using the brush wrong like a fool. I was holding it horizontally and swiping a dark line across my face then trying to blend it out. It was so dark and looked silly. I needed to hold the brush vertically, but initially I thought that was way too much surface area to apply contour powder. It was my first time ever contouring and I was confused. :blush:
that's how I would think to do it.

MissTT

Reviewers say they also apply blush with this brush (NARS Ita), but I don't really see it. I mean you could, but it seems like it would take a lot of work to make it wearable - at least at my skill level.

Miss QQ

Great news PP!!! So glad you found it! I even considered trying to find a backup, but honestly, at my age I'm not likely to finish even this one
cutey.gif

Yeah, contouring is still a challenge for me - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but like anything else, it's practice I guess.
I recently saw 2 videos on lisaeldridge.com by a guest artist, Mary Greenwell and she is amazing. Among the many things I learnt, she also show how contouring is done - from the ear to the bottom of the cheek and stop at the end of the vertical line extended from the tail of the eyebrow. Maybe it is a basic rule which you already know that but I didn't, or I forgot. lol. Here is the link to one of the video.

http://lisaeldridge.com/video/25563/jessica-chastain-red-carpet-make-up-looks-with-guest-artist-mary-greenwell/

VampyCouture

I recently saw 2 videos on lisaeldridge.com by a guest artist, Mary Greenwell and she is amazing. Among the many things I learnt, she also show how contouring is done - from the ear to the bottom of the cheek and stop at the end of the vertical line extended from the tail of the eyebrow. Maybe it is a basic rule which you already know that but I didn't, or I forgot. lol. Here is the link to one of the video.

http://lisaeldridge.com/video/25563/jessica-chastain-red-carpet-make-up-looks-with-guest-artist-mary-greenwell/
I saw that video last week and fell in love
eyelove.gif

Honestly, my contouring has gotten better since I clicked on that video. I still go back to reference it actually
girlhaha.gif

Shypo

Thanks for the link Miss QQ!! Very helpful indeed - perhaps I can work to improve my technique
winks.gif

CartoonChic

Thanks for sharing. This video is extremely helpful, especially knowing where you should stop your contour. I clearly went too far in the handful of times I attempted to contour.

shontay07108

I recently saw 2 videos on lisaeldridge.com by a guest artist, Mary Greenwell and she is amazing. Among the many things I learnt, she also show how contouring is done - from the ear to the bottom of the cheek and stop at the end of the vertical line extended from the tail of the eyebrow. Maybe it is a basic rule which you already know that but I didn't, or I forgot. lol. Here is the link to one of the video. http://lisaeldridge.com/video/25563...ke-up-looks-with-guest-artist-mary-greenwell/
I've seen this video before. It's a great one. It's how I contour. It's supposed to be subtle and it makes all the difference. I don't stick to one brush to contour. Sometimes I use an actual contour brush by Mac, sometimes it's a stippling brush, blush brush or I have a SE pointed Mac face brush (can't even remember the number and too lazy to look). I think as long as you have the technique down you can use almost any brush.

Latest posts