Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel

CartoonChic

I actually do need a new pair of glasses...
sweatdrop.gif

I always like to add a light pink tint to my lenses. That way I literally see the world through rose colored glasses.

gracie90

I actually do need a new pair of glasses...
sweatdrop.gif

I always like to add a light pink tint to my lenses. That way I literally see the world through rose colored glasses.
That's so cute!
I happened to walk past an optician's today, so I went in and tried on a ton of Chanel glasses for fun
flower.gif

Alas, the pair I originally liked are just too big for my face :(
But I found 3 pairs that I really really like and they're all lovely on!

I keep telling myself I can't afford (and don't need!) new glasses, but when I actually look at the prices it's only what I spend on MAC in 1 or 2 months for a pair! So now it doesn't seem too bad..... And besides, I'll be qualifying as a doctor in a year and a half, and I'm sure snazzy glasses would help me look the part
girlhaha.gif

Oh Elegant, look what you've done to me!

CartoonChic

That's so cute!
I happened to walk past an optician's today, so I went in and tried on a ton of Chanel glasses for fun
flower.gif

Alas, the pair I originally liked are just too big for my face :(
But I found 3 pairs that I really really like and they're all lovely on!

I keep telling myself I can't afford (and don't need!) new glasses, but when I actually look at the prices it's only what I spend on MAC in 1 or 2 months for a pair! So now it doesn't seem too bad..... And besides, I'll be qualifying as a doctor in a year and a half, and I'm sure snazzy glasses would help me look the part
girlhaha.gif

Oh Elegant, look what you've done to me!
Oooh, those are nice. Lol, look at what Elegant has done to both of us! You will certainly look the part with those glasses. They will also be a nice treat for all of your hard work and dedication.

gracie90

Quote:Originally Posted by CartoonChic

Oooh, those are nice. Lol, look at what Elegant has done to both of us! You will certainly look the part with those glasses. They will also be a nice treat for all of your hard work and dedication.

As if we needed another thing to obsess about!
supacool.gif

I might see how I'm doing money-wise after Christmas and maybe treat myself...
My current glasses are quite similar funnily enough, but then they could be my backup glasses I guess - if I break them now then I'm resigned to weeks of wearing contacts every day as I don't have a spare pair!

elegant-one

Awesome glasses Elegant!! I love the idea of having transitions put into them! I'm sure you look 'tres chic' in them too!!
kissy.gif
pretty.gif

LOVE the blush!!! It looks a bit like Turbulent, don't you think?
Thats what I thought until I saw it in person. Actually, I should compare. I think UR has more violet. Turbulent is more maybe fuchsia. I'll have to go look at it.

Thanks ;)
th_kiss.gif

elegant-one

A comparison with other pink blushes. And I realized that I never did end up getting Turbulent
icon_eek.gif

left corner is Rose Tourbillon, next to it is Tumulte, in the middle is Ultra Rose, & to the right corner is Pink Explosion.

On my skin, UR is a very soft very pretty cool violet blue pink. It looks so bright in the pan, but isn't on the skin at all.

CartoonChic

I might see how I'm doing money-wise after Christmas and maybe treat myself... My current glasses are quite similar funnily enough, but then they could be my backup glasses I guess - if I break them now then I'm resigned to weeks of wearing contacts every day as I don't have a spare pair!
I can't do contacts. I need glasses. I've been pretty conservative with my glasses other than the rose lenses. I normally pick something simple to go with everything I wear, so usually all black or gold. I think I'd like to get something a little fancier this time around. I should start thinking of glasses as more of an accessory instead of just a tool.

CartoonChic

A comparison with other pink blushes. And I realized that I never did end up getting Turbulent
icon_eek.gif

left corner is Rose Tourbillon, next to it is Tumulte, in the middle is Ultra Rose, & to the right corner is Pink Explosion.

On my skin, UR is a very soft very pretty cool violet blue pink. It looks so bright in the pan, but isn't on the skin at all.
Lol, how long until you fix that discrepancy?

gracie90

Quote:
I can't do contacts. I need glasses. I've been pretty conservative with my glasses other than the rose lenses. I normally pick something simple to go with everything I wear, so usually all black or gold. I think I'd like to get something a little fancier this time around. I should start thinking of glasses as more of an accessory instead of just a tool.
Exactly - I have a ton of shoes, clothes, jewellery and makeup, but only one pair of glasses! It's kind of wierd when you think about it! I used to HATE wearing them, but when I was 18 and I finally got a pair that I actually liked, I realised how much simpler it is to just be able to shove them on and not worry about dry/itchy eyes!

Winthrop44

Yes, Turbulent was one where there was a pretty noticeable difference between the US and Euro as far as color. The US version looks alot nicer on me than the Euro so I'm looking forward to UR!

Shypo

I would love to eventually find the US version of Turbulent - I have the EU one - like it well enough, but I think I would like the US version better. Maybe they'll re-release it someday......