Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel

shontay07108

Hey, guys. Long time no chat. I just dropped by to say that I was tempted to buy Malice nail polish, but I found a good dupe. Usually, I'm not into dupes, but that's mostly with makeup. I'm snobbish about it, but not nail polish. The one Chanel polish I own I really don't care for the formula. So, I decided to look for a good dupe and I found it in OPI's Meet for Drinks. It's sold through Sephora. I'm wearing it right now and I'm in love with it. The best part is that it's only like, 9 dollars. :D

CartoonChic

Hey, guys. Long time no chat. I just dropped by to say that I was tempted to buy Malice nail polish, but I found a good dupe. Usually, I'm not into dupes, but that's mostly with makeup. I'm snobbish about it, but not nail polish. The one Chanel polish I own I really don't care for the formula. So, I decided to look for a good dupe and I found it in OPI's Meet for Drinks. It's sold through Sephora. I'm wearing it right now and I'm in love with it. The best part is that it's only like, 9 dollars.
greengrin.gif
Hey, welcome back! I've been wondering where you've been. How are you coming along with your driving lessons?

Medgal07

Medgal it seems like your package got misrouted weeks ago. They need to just ship you another or something. This summer a Nordstrom store sent me a Joseph Abboud suit that I didn't order. Even the receipt inside had another customer's name on it. They had no record that this $600+ suit came to me. When I tried to call and explain they didn't understand and transferred me to three different people. After the suit was finally returned they still sent me a copy of the return receipt which was stupid b/c it was someone else's purchase and charged to that person's card. I always wondered if that person got another suit or what? It seemed like a gift purchase because the buyer was one guy and the addressee (on the chargesend receipt in the box) was another guy.
Got a mani/pedi with Malice today. It's very pretty. The ladies in the shop were oohing and ahhing when I took it out. (And asked me how much it cost.
nonono.gif
) Unfortunately I went to a quickie place in the mall and got a crap paint job. Oh well, got to spend time with my daughter.
MissTT, Nordstrom did ship another package, but the first order just arrived. I'll return it when the next one arrives because this original package didn't have the lippie in it. Just absolutely crazy. I've never had this much of a mixup/debacle w/Nordstrom before. I'm being very patient...try as i might!
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

Hey, guys. Long time no chat. I just dropped by to say that I was tempted to buy Malice nail polish, but I found a good dupe. Usually, I'm not into dupes, but that's mostly with makeup. I'm snobbish about it, but not nail polish. The one Chanel polish I own I really don't care for the formula. So, I decided to look for a good dupe and I found it in OPI's Meet for Drinks. It's sold through Sephora. I'm wearing it right now and I'm in love with it. The best part is that it's only like, 9 dollars.
greengrin.gif
I'll be checking it out...thanks shontay07108. I just love nail polish....period
girlhaha.gif

shontay07108

Hey, welcome back! I've been wondering where you've been. How are you coming along with your driving lessons?
Hey, thanks for asking! I'm good with the lessons. Still a bit nervous, but I play it off well. I googled how to parallel park and that helped a lot. :lol: I have one more lesson Monday before I take the test Wednesday. Tomorrow I'm going out driving just for some more experience.
I'll be checking it out...thanks shontay07108.  I just love nail polish....period  :haha:
I love nail polish, too but I usually go the cheap route with it (or sorta cheap route). I love China Glaze and Zoya. I think the most expensive I'll go is Deborah Lippman.

Medgal07

I love nail polish, too but I usually go the cheap route with it (or sorta cheap route). I love China Glaze and Zoya. I think the most expensive I'll go is Deborah Lippman.
Way to go with the driving lessons. I'll be sending positive energy your way on Wednesday!!!
I'm not totally brand loyal when it comes to nail polish...I just love the colors, so I'll try a new polish in a heartbeat. If I have a bad experience with a formula I'm not too likely to dabble in that brand often, but I'm a total sucker for a pretty color.
girlhaha.gif

shontay07108

Way to go with the driving lessons.  I'll be sending positive energy your way on Wednesday!!! I'm not totally brand loyal when it comes to nail polish...I just love the colors, so I'll try a new polish in a heartbeat.  If I have a bad experience with a formula I'm not too likely to dabble in that brand  often, but I'm a total sucker for a pretty color. :haha:
Good luck on Wednesday Shontay!!:cheer:
Thanks, ladies. :frenz:

Shadowy Lady

I just wanted to say a big thanks to Gail for doing a cp of Notorious for me. Being wearing it everyday since I got it and it's all love :) I haven;t been dealing with postnatal insomnia (am on medication now) so I haven;t really been around. But I still do enjoy this thread and visit as much as I can (or the baby let's me).

Shontay - good luck with the driving lessons. I remember when I learned first (which feels like a zillion years ago, I was 16 then and am now 30), the parallel parking was the most challenging. But once you get it you'll never forget how to do it :)

Winthrop44

Aww, thanks for the shout out. Glad you're loving Notorious, but I'm so sorry to hear that you're still dealing with the insomnia. I hope you feel better very soon.
th_cheerup.gif

Eleentje

Thanks a lot for the heads up on the dupe for Malice.
I was going to get it this weekend, but when I got to the store, I changed my mind, although it looked so gorgeous in the bottle.
I've just bought a bunch of Orly nail polishes on Friday and being a bit low on funds, I decided against Chanel one.
I thought to myself that there bound to be a cheaper and more durable dupe for it, and I am happy to hear there is!

Good luck on the driving test! I can't wait to start my driving lessons :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
I've been dying to try it out but it isn't/wasn't available here:-(

has any of you tried this Star Dust blush? I just looked at some swatches and it is so pretty!
I'm wearing it right now and I love it. It's a bit sparkly for use at the office, but not so sparkly that it becomes distracting. On deeper complexions, it would be more of a highlighter, but on me it's a lovely peach-pink blush with sparkle. I thought about passing on it, but I'm very glad that I didn't!!!

Miss QQ

^^ Now you are making me want Star Dust. I have been thinking about it and feel I'll regret if I pass. So in your opinion it is wearable daily? I am not adversed to shimmers on my cheeks, even for daily wear, but I have this feeling SD is overly shimmery.

Shontay - How was the test? :) Good luck, if the test hasn't happened yet.

I wore the quad, Notorious and Allegorie. The quad turned out to be quite subtle on me, and Allegorie was colourless with the shimmers visible. Guess it is good for a lipstick topper. Notorious is so pigmented I was caught off guard, because I am used to the baked JC which are hard and I always push my brush forcefully against the powder surface. I wore it as a contour lightly below my cheeks, any more it would look like death. I'll try it as an eyeshadow next. I have decided to skip the mini brush set this year because the brushes are very similar to last year's.

Caise

how about its quality? I have one beautiful highlighting blush from NARS but it always ends up all over my face and neck :(