Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel

MissTT

A lot of people wear mascara if they wear nothing else at all. I'm so funny about makeup because I'm afraid of becoming dependent on it to look good. Most people who wear full makeup daily look strange and even bad when they choose not to wear the makeup. When I see regular wearers without mascara their eyes look tiny and they just look ill. I don't want to look like I'm missing something when people see me so I try to ration my mascara and other makeup wearing. Yeah, yeah, it's crazy, but that's me. LOL I almost feel like I don't really fit in on this board because I'm so makeup anemic. There are so many sweet people here, though, that I plan to stick around. I'm learning a lot + I have a bad shopping habit. Makeup is my newest vice. I use mascara until it dries up. I don't double pump either. I don't wear contacts and have not had eye infections so I'm gonna keep doin' what I do.

cheburaha

I've been dying to try it out but it isn't/wasn't available here:-(

has any of you tried this Star Dust blush? I just looked at some swatches and it is so pretty!
Star Dust is very special. The quality is amazing! Very soft and easy blendable. You won't regret having these. But I do not think it's supposed to be your everyday blush.

shontay07108

OK, I didn't know that. I multi-pump the wand to load it up with mascara. I've been using a MAC Haute & Naughty Mascara that I bought last year. I've seen it said that you should throw out mascara every 3 months, but I still get mascara on the wand when I use it. I can't tell if it's expired or not. It seems like it's still working, so I keep using it.
The more makeup looks I do, the more I'm realizing I like mascara. It does make a look seem more pulled together whether it's natural looking or dramatic.
I think most people keep them until they're dry and unusable!   :haha:
When I bought my first tube of expensive mascara, I went by the three month rule also. Then, I started checking things out on my own and tossed that rule. You can still use it. I do recommend that you smell your mascara the very first time you use it. Then, when you think you've hit three months, give it another sniff. If it smells off, then toss it. Sometimes with makeup it's best to go by smell and not the 'rules' we've been given. I suggest if you want to load up on mascara, swirl the wand around in the tube, remove it, apply, put the wand back in the tube and repeat. That'll keep the air out and give you the same amount of mascara you want to use. The power of mascara is funny. Sometimes I'll be doing a look and it's not coming together like I hoped and I want to wipe it away. Then, I'll apply mascara, holding on to hope and BAM! It comes together! the right mascara opens the eyes and makes everything pop.
A lot of people wear mascara if they wear nothing else at all. I'm so funny about makeup because I'm afraid of becoming dependent on it to look good. Most people who wear full makeup daily look strange and even bad when they choose not to wear the makeup. When I see regular wearers without mascara their eyes look tiny and they just look ill. I don't want to look like I'm missing something when people see me so I try to ration my mascara and other makeup wearing. Yeah, yeah, it's crazy, but that's me. LOL I almost feel like I don't really fit in on this board because I'm so makeup anemic. There are so many sweet people here, though, that I plan to stick around. I'm learning a lot + I have a bad shopping habit. Makeup is my newest vice. I use mascara until it dries up. I don't double pump either. I don't wear contacts and have not had eye infections so I'm gonna keep doin' what I do.
Most days I wear foundation, but some I go without. I usually think I look like crap when I don't but that's because A: I'm harder on myself than anyone else is and B: I study my face everyday and know all my imperfections. We never look as bad as we think we do without makeup. However, wearing it a lot makes us used to it, the evenness we achieve in our complexions, so it seems a little harsh when we go without.

Miss QQ

Most days I wear foundation, but some I go without. I usually think I look like crap when I don't but that's because A: I'm harder on myself than anyone else is and B: I study my face everyday and know all my imperfections. We never look as bad as we think we do without makeup. However, wearing it a lot makes us used to it, the evenness we achieve in our complexions, so it seems a little harsh when we go without.
Agree with what you say about mascara. I have not bought a mascara for a few years because I don't wear it daily and I get by with samples. I usually wear foundation whenever I go out, because my sunblock makes me look paler than I really am, and I have lots of broken capillaries on my cheeks which foundation can help to remove some of the redness. All the best for the driving test! I don't have a car and hasn't driven in years, but I remembered when I was learning driving all the cars had a lever for emergency brake. Not sure if they come with a button as well.

msmaelca

I know I am late to this party, but I got some things from this collection today and i am sooo happy with them! I was about to cheap out and only get the polish (I am in Sweden - makeup is overpriced here) but I have been wanting these for a while now, so I went for it! The quad, mystery glossimer, malice vernis (and RC charme from fall). I bought the last one of everything except the glossimer hehe. The best part? I got a 20% discount!!! I am over the moon right now:) (sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging, I just wanna share with someone who can relate to the joy of Chanel!)

Malice polish is fantastic! Opaque in one coat if you are generous with it. Levels out beautifully. And the shimmer is gorgeus!
Mystery glossimer is a lovely peachy shade! I thought it might be too beige and bland, but it is beautiful.
The quad is amazing. Can be worn sheer or more intense. The plum and gold look really beautiful used wet as an eyeliner! If you layer the plum over a dark brown or black liner it looks similar to the liner in the collection (obviously not exactly the same).

You gous are making the blush sound gorgeus... It looked extremely glittery in the store, but I always think everything looks overly sparkly in strong department store lighting. Does it look more subtle on the cheeks, in more natural lighting?

//Msmaelca

CartoonChic

The power of mascara is funny. Sometimes I'll be doing a look and it's not coming together like I hoped and I want to wipe it away. Then, I'll apply mascara, holding on to hope and BAM! It comes together! the right mascara opens the eyes and makes everything pop.
Those are great tips. I'm definitely going to put them into practice.

BuickMackane

Quote: Originally Posted by Miss QQ
I have not bought a mascara for a few years because I don't wear it daily and I get by with samples.

I wear mascara daily and I don't remember the last time I bought one. Almost every GWP I receive seems to have a little tube (by little, I mean half size lol) and I don't see the point buying a full size one. I know this means that I don't get to try out some really good new mascaras out there but I'm pretty happy with the GWPs.

CartoonChic

I know I am late to this party, but I got some things from this collection today and i am sooo happy with them! I was about to cheap out and only get the polish (I am in Sweden - makeup is overpriced here) but I have been wanting these for a while now, so I went for it! The quad, mystery glossimer, malice vernis (and RC charme from fall). I bought the last one of everything except the glossimer hehe. The best part? I got a 20% discount!!! I am over the moon right now:) (sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging, I just wanna share with someone who can relate to the joy of Chanel!)

Malice polish is fantastic! Opaque in one coat if you are generous with it. Levels out beautifully. And the shimmer is gorgeus!
Mystery glossimer is a lovely peachy shade! I thought it might be too beige and bland, but it is beautiful.
The quad is amazing. Can be worn sheer or more intense. The plum and gold look really beautiful used wet as an eyeliner! If you layer the plum over a dark brown or black liner it looks similar to the liner in the collection (obviously not exactly the same).

You gous are making the blush sound gorgeus... It looked extremely glittery in the store, but I always think everything looks overly sparkly in strong department store lighting. Does it look more subtle on the cheeks, in more natural lighting?

//Msmaelca
It's not bragging at all. You're only sharing your joy and excitement like you said. I always think it's important to treat yourself and bring yourself a little happiness. Lol, I may treat myself a little too much, but that's another topic. Enjoy your new goodies!

MissTT

Good to see I'm not the only person who survives on free mascara samples. I feel like I get so many. Pretty much any mascara looks better than none. Heck, I'll be getting another freebie from YSL today. I also take many of these samples and make my daughter a sort of sample bag. I think she likes it. LOL Perfumes, mascaras, moisturizers, etc. So what I try some of them out first. (Who's gonna miss a spritz of fragrance?) I hope she likes all these samples. She's had me purchase a few of the items she's tried.

CartoonChic

I organized my growing mound of samples yesterday. I currently have 7 mascara samples. That should last me about 5 years at the rate I'm going.

CartoonChic

I also sprayed on a sample of Chanel No5. It is such a lovely and pretty scent. I've never tried it before. I'm not a perfume buyer except for the fragrance mists at Bath & Body Works. All of the perfume I have was either given to me as a gift or as a GWP. I do not want to get a new addiction started with fragrances.
nonono.gif

JulieDiva

I also sprayed on a sample of Chanel No5. It is such a lovely and pretty scent. I've never tried it before. I'm not a perfume buyer except for the fragrance mists at Bath & Body Works. All of the perfume I have was either given to me as a gift or as a GWP. I do not want to get a new addiction started with fragrances.
nonono.gif
I love chanel no5 ...count yourself lucky if you do not have a fragrance addiction!!

I adore expensive perfumes....I have Chanel 5, 19, Coco mademoiselle and many others...

JulieDiva

I organized my growing mound of samples yesterday. I currently have 7 mascara samples. That should last me about 5 years at the rate I'm going.
Lucky!!!! I envy those of you who get lots of GWP's from Chanel...here, i am lucky to get a fragrance card.

Liz2012

Lucky!!!! I envy those of you who get lots of GWP's from Chanel...here, i am lucky to get a fragrance card.
iagree.gif
I also always get those fragrance cards, or those SUPER TINY foundation packets, not even enough to do 1/4 of your face lol ..

shontay07108

update: I passed my road test with flying colors and the guy couldn't have been nicer. What a difference from yesterday. :clap: Thanks for the good vibes you ladies sent my way. :D

MissTT

Thanks for the good vibes you ladies sent my way.
greengrin.gif
I am so excited for you! I knew it was just a personality thing. My sister used to work at the DMV and she said the old biddies there were just power hungry jerks. She said they even critiqued each other's driving. (The same staff had to service two counties.)