Chanel Les 4 Ombres - 2014 Eye Collection

Anneri

Anneri, any chance you could maybe swatch #202 Camelia and #226 Rivoli that LivN liked? They also look very nice to me in the promo pics & descriptions at the link posted by Jayded_Dreams.
Sure! I'll post them later in the afternoon.

I've come to the conclusion that I'll skip them for now - the colour combinations are too basic for me, and 50€ for 2g of product?! Just no.

Miss QQ

The quads look like something I already have. I agree, maybe it is mainly a switch of formula. I'm glad that I can save money though. Only Cambon is catching my eye.

Anneri

Thanks Anneri! But if you've lost interest in them yourself please don't feel obligated. :)
No problem - it gives me a good excuse to go into the stores and play with pretty things!
amuse.gif

Anneri

Well I can definitely relate to that!! :D
*g* Well, after playing with the quads today I've to say that if I were in the market for basics I'd be all over those. They're so silky! Ok, here are Rivoli and Camelia. First pics are indoors, third and fourth are outdoors.
acbb1cde_image.jpeg
28aadb1f_image.jpeg
c991ac86_image.jpeg
e9ca99ff_image.jpeg

Winthrop44

Thanks Anneri. Great swatches! I guess I'm feeling the same as you, that I'd be more excited if I was in need of basics. But your saying they're silky is encouraging - maybe LE quads in the future will have a similar texture and more exciting shades.

Anneri

Exactly. I wore Lilium today and thought that the green quad looked very similar. But lets hope for some more exciting colours and combinations in the future. Do we know who will be creative director now that Peter Philipps will soon be working for Dior?

Teger

Exactly. I wore Lilium today and thought that the green quad looked very similar. But lets hope for some more exciting colours and combinations in the future. Do we know who will be creative director now that Peter Philipps will soon be working for Dior?
Right now the infamous "Chanel Makeup Studio" are producing new releases. The spring 2014 collection was made by them.

urbis

Personally I expect thyen to get charged of the position. The green quad reminds me of the late Murano ... And yes, so far they are a skip for me

sarabeautime

Hi ladies,

after playing with two of the quads (Venitien and Gabrielle) I have to say, formula has a big improvement. It is close to the formula of Asia (Chanel.com) Exclusives Delicatesse and Jardin Zen which were also both 2 g. Harmonie Soir and Topkapi were both 4 g and they were a little more like powder, a little softer. Older Baked quads were 1.2 g each and were very dry. I think it is all about finding the right tools and bases to apply. On me with a dense rather small laying brush from Hakuhodo, made of horse hair, new Chanel Quads apply wonderfully. I use them dry.

About Venitien, this quad is just love. I don't think it is like Lilium nor Murano (but again I don't have them, I write this depending on swatches I see online), this one is more of a metallic taupe + deep greens and teals combination. About Gabrielle: it was less flattering than I thought but still very nice. Compared it to Enigma yesterday night, this one has very fine and subtle shimmer but I don't like the chalky glitter in Enigma which is also very dry so it causes fall outs. Gabrielle might be closer to Les Pearls, but I will check that tonight.

All in all I find these to be a great range of nudes, naturals as well as fun to wear metallics and some color (green and blue). It is Chanel's new permanent range so I can understand why some of you find it boring though, lol. I am sure there will be more interesting LEs for those who are searching for some adventure. ;-))

Winthrop44

Hmmm. After seeing Jardin Zen swatched on Cafemakeup I was not overly impressed with it, so not sure how much I like that comparison, lol. It's great to hear that the new formula is an improvement on the old baked one though. How does it compare to the current US powder one? It's a little disappointing to me to know they have the ability to produce the Topkapi/Harmonie texture but didn't choose to do so. Oh well. Maybe that's too expensive for whatever reason. In any case I can see the potential for baked-like fallout with the new palettes on the eyes here:

http://www.misslipgloss.nl/chanel-les-4-ombres-2014-eyes-collection/

and in the swatch of the taupe in Cambon here:

http://mostlysunnyblog.com/2014/03/01/chanel-les-4-ombres-2014-sneak-peek/

TBH I am pretty lazy when it comes down to it, so I won't be fiddling around with permutations of brushes and bases just to get them to work for me. Hopefully they will just work for me like the current ones here do or else I will just stick with what I already have.

sarabeautime

Hmmm. After seeing Jardin Zen swatched on Cafemakeup I was not overly impressed with it, so not sure how much I like that comparison, lol. It's great to hear that the new formula is an improvement on the old baked one though. How does it compare to the current US powder one? It's a little disappointing to me to know they have the ability to produce the Topkapi/Harmonie texture but didn't choose to do so. Oh well. Maybe that's too expensive for whatever reason. In any case I can see the potential for baked-like fallout with the new palettes on the eyes here:

http://www.misslipgloss.nl/chanel-les-4-ombres-2014-eyes-collection/

and in the swatch of the taupe in Cambon here:

http://mostlysunnyblog.com/2014/03/01/chanel-les-4-ombres-2014-sneak-peek/

TBH I am pretty lazy when it comes down to it, so I won't be fiddling around with permutations of brushes and bases just to get them to work for me. Hopefully they will just work for me like the current ones here do or else I will just stick with what I already have.
I only have one US-Formula Quad, Mystere, of which I didn't like the formula very much (I found it to be too powdery and hard to blend), but I know there are better ones out there. I tried only two quads until now, Venitien and Gabrielle, with me there was no fall out, really like zero, despite applying the metallic taupe shade all over the lid. Longevity was also very good, applied around 8 am, lasted until 8 pm, that was when I decided to remove it, I carefully checked under eye area and my glasses (which is very important since sometimes eye shadows migrate to the glass lol) and there was nothing. Needless to say, I am impressed so far.

I was wondering, do you know what happens to US quads? Will they be replaced too? I have seen Mystere has Talc in its ingredients, so it tells me if this is a decision of Chanel to go talc-free, these should be reformulated too.

Winthrop44

I only have one US-Formula Quad, Mystere, of which I didn't like the formula very much (I found it to be too powdery and hard to blend), but I know there are better ones out there. I tried only two quads until now, Venitien and Gabrielle, with me there was no fall out, really like zero, despite applying the metallic taupe shade all over the lid. Longevity was also very good, applied around 8 am, lasted until 8 pm, that was when I decided to remove it, I carefully checked under eye area and my glasses (which is very important since sometimes eye shadows migrate to the glass lol) and there was nothing. Needless to say, I am impressed so far.

I was wondering, do you know what happens to US quads? Will they be replaced too? I have seen Mystere has Talc in its ingredients, so it tells me if this is a decision of Chanel to go talc-free, these should be reformulated too.
No idea about what will happen with the US quads. I've been assuming we'd get the new formula too, but I guess the fact that we're getting these quads later in the year leaves room for thinking we might get them in a different/our usual formulation. Time will tell, I guess.

LivN

How does it compare to the current US powder one?
US ones are standard powder formula, new ones are a bit creamy. Darkest and lightest shades are similar to US formula but the other two are quite different, they remind me of MAC satin taupe, all that glitters... that kind of finish. I don't remember seeing that in US quads, I have Mystere, Prelude and I had Dune.

Winthrop44

Thanks Liv. That's a big help. I like the texture of the 2 MAC shadows you mentioned a lot. Love your blog BTW. Great swatch pics of recent Chanel items and I especially love that you post ingredients for the skincare items you review!

Winthrop44

Venitien looks gorgeous on you. Thanks for the great review.

http://www.bloglovin.com/frame?post=2498174939&group=0&frame_type=a&blog=6650399&link=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5jb2xvcm1lbG91ZC5jb20vMjAxNC8wMy9jaGFuZWwtbGVzLTQtb21icmVzLTIzMi10aXNzZS12ZW5pdGllbi5odG1s&frame=1&click=0&user=0