Chanel lipsticks - Rouge Coco, Rouge Allure, etc.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm going to (unfortunately) practice restraint and ignore the Velvets at the moment since I'll be hauling a little at Sephora with the upcoming VIB 20% discount and there's so much from the upcoming Spring 2012 collection I want. Since they're perm, I can take my time buying them.

On a side note, dunno if this has been mentioned already but I read on MUA that T confirmed with Chanel that ALL of the Lacques are being DC'd. So if you love/been wanting any, I'd stock up fast.

Gah. My heart is broke. More so than my wallet. I hadn't even gotten around to trying Phoenix yet... I think I will have to back up Dragon, at least before they disappear.

That technically means that BOTH of my favourite reds- Dragon and the Armani red from their 2010 holiday collection- are no longer available. Shocking.

Bonitinha

I wonder why they are discontinuing the RALs?? I hope they expand the line of the Extrait de Glosses -- but not the same as the laques . . . I wonder what else Chanel has up it's sleeve??

QueenOfSnark

I wonder why they are discontinuing the RALs?? I hope they expand the line of the Extrait de Glosses -- but not the same as the laques . . . I wonder what else Chanel has up it's sleeve??
Maybe they're tweaking/improving the formula? At least *I* hope so. I think I'm the only person who didn't love these at first sight, the Lacques applied patchy and streaky on me.
ssad.gif

Miss QQ

I find extrait de gloss goes on unevenly on me, unless I keep layering them. Oh, I wore Exuberante extrait de gloss yesterday and it's awesome! It's a hot pink that doesn't lean cool or warm, but completely neutral.

The lacques go on evenly on me. And they are moisturising and pigmented. Sad to see them go. Thanks for the news, I wonder if I should backup Empire, Phoenix and Ming. I said that I will repurchase Ming when it is finished, but I think it can still last a while so I probably will not have the chance to repurchase it. I love the scent of the lacques too.

Gah. My heart is broke. More so than my wallet. I hadn't even gotten around to trying Phoenix yet... I think I will have to back up Dragon, at least before they disappear.

That technically means that BOTH of my favourite reds- Dragon and the Armani red from their 2010 holiday collection- are no longer available. Shocking.
Sorry your favourite reds are gone. Hopefully you find a new one to love, maybe from Chanel or Guerlain. I love Phoenix! Love everything about it!

elegant-one

Winthrop - "Received Pirate today and at the risk of sounding melodramatic I have to say it's the red np I've been looking for my whole life!
heart.gif
"

I missed that ^^^
icon_eek.gif
I haven't tried mine on yet. As soon as Rose Exuberant (if thats the np name ) wears off ;) Well now that makes me excited to try it on.

I posted this in the BB thread, but I just got Violet Glaze ls, & it is a beautiful creamy soft violet pink on. I love the color & texture of it a lot.

Bonitinha

Winthrop - "Received Pirate today and at the risk of sounding melodramatic I have to say it's the red np I've been looking for my whole life!
heart.gif
"

I missed that ^^^
icon_eek.gif
I haven't tried mine on yet. As soon as Rose Exuberant (if thats the np name ) wears off ;) Well now that makes me excited to try it on.

I posted this in the BB thread, but I just got Violet Glaze ls, & it is a beautiful creamy soft violet pink on. I love the color & texture of it a lot.

Going to check this out!! Sounds like a color I would love
heart.gif

Winthrop44

Violet Glaze looks really pretty! I just saw the swatches on Best Things in Beauty.
eyelove.gif

My La Furtive came today. I like it alot & on me it looks exactly like HG described it, a beige nude. No pink in it on my lips. So Chanel still needs to give us all - in every country - a pinky nude.

elegant-one

trust me Violet Glaze is really really pretty on!! Michelle you would love it, but it may be a bit more colorful on your nicely un-pigmented lips which we are jealous of but would still be lovely. Winthrop, its lovely over our lip color as its a bit more opaque. Its basically a pretty pink with violet undertones. I was so mad because I swatched it so many times in Nordies but never bought it, then when I went last weekend they were sold out everywhere so I ordered it on NM.

I'm happy & sad...happy that you still like Furtive, unhappy that it is not a sandy pink as dear mr. peter philips said it was. So we still need a true pinky nude.

Winthrop44

Here's a pic I just took. Of course the sun went in at the worst time so it's not that great, but you can still get a relative idea if you have any of the others. It's closest to Delicate. Mythic is lighter and more beige and Naive is more pink.

La Furtive -- Mythic -- Delicate -- Naive

Bonitinha

trust me Violet Glaze is really really pretty on!! Michelle you would love it, but it may be a bit more colorful on your nicely un-pigmented lips which we are jealous of but would still be lovely. Winthrop, its lovely over our lip color as its a bit more opaque. Its basically a pretty pink with violet undertones. I was so mad because I swatched it so many times in Nordies but never bought it, then when I went last weekend they were sold out everywhere so I ordered it on NM.

I'm happy & sad...happy that you still like Furtive, unhappy that it is not a sandy pink as dear mr. peter philips said it was. So we still need a true pinky nude.
Elegant -- so is Violet Glaze selling out everywhere? I should call my counter to see if they have it. I love cool pinks!

Still waiting for the perfect pink nude! I did get my lip bag today and love Spark -- soooo gorgeous!

elegant-one

Michelle - my good mall was sold out :( But thats not to say that someone would still have it. Actually, I think the BB site still has it & they offer free shipping a lot. Oooh lala - so glad you love Sparky...so pretty. isn't that bag adorable with the snowflake charm
love.gif

Shypo - if you don't already have it, I think you might like Violet Glaze
girlhaha.gif

Winthrop - the color of Furtive scares me, but if you like it I'm sure I will too.

katred

Specktra Bestie

Well, Chanel has so many beautiful reds. I'm amazed, considering that I'm still *fairly* new to Chanel, how many of their red lipsticks I've accumulated. And how many more I want.

Of course, now that I know that Dragon is being discontinued, I'm thinking that it gives me an excuse to buy Guerlain's Garconne, which seems to look a lot like it. Because I obviously need to start testing out replacements right away, even though my current tube of Dragon is almost full.

Winthrop44

Quote: Originally Posted by elegant-one

Winthrop - the color of Furtive scares me, but if you like it I'm sure I will too.

I'm not sure how it will look on an NW complexion. Do you have any of the other ones in my swatches?

Shypo

Yay! You got your lip bag Michelle!!

Neiman's has free shipping right now if that hasn't been mentioned - they still have Violet Glaze.......and yes, I have it on order.......
girlhaha.gif

Bonitinha

Cheryl -- I love the bag. I am wearing Spark today and am totally in love
heart.gif
Did you get it, too? I need to go check out Violet Glaze.

Elegant -- I missed out on Naive. I remember trying to hunt it down a while but no one had it in stock. Let me know if you find it!

I did the easiest look today: MAC Retrospeck on the lid, Wedge in the crease, and Vanilla to highlight. Slightly winged liner on top. Looked great with Blushbaby blush and Spark glossimer. I might be doing this look a lot for the holidays (man, are the holidays already upon us??)

Shypo

Michelle, that sounds very simple and gorgeous, and a perfect holiday combo! Yes, I got Sparky & The Bag
girlhaha.gif
. Love it!

Was anyone looking for it able to get the white bag?

Latest posts