Chanel lipsticks - Rouge Coco, Rouge Allure, etc.

Bonitinha

^^ Hmmm..where are you seeing an Imaginaire RA lipstick? I know that besides the Extrait de Gloss there's a glossimer by that name, but I don't *think* there's an RA lipstick. If you're only seeing it on Cafemakeup.com swatches, I think we decided awhile back (I forget the thread now!) that was a mistake on Amy's part. I'm not sure if we decided it was really Imagination RA she swatched or something else. I think elegant was in on that discussion and may remember what our conclusion was better than I do?
Yep, I was looking at the swatch here: http://cafemakeup.com/2010/08/chanel-rouge-allure-extrait-de-gloss-in-imaginaire/
I wonder what that lipstick is? It is such a gorgeous pink!! I must have missed that post -- darn it, I wanted to get that color!

mrslid

After watching that RC video, I saw where she uses/applies the lipstick with the rounded side not the flat side? Interesting. Do you guys use the flat side of a lipstick :) And, it makes me rethink even using a liner

Ya that's kind of odd using the round side? I always use the flat side and I never use a liner.

Winthrop44

I always use the round side but thought I was wierd for doing it! I just feel like I have more control, ya know?

elegant-one

Okie dokie, now I'm going to have to put on lipstick just to use the round side to see what its like :)
girlhaha.gif

Imaginaire is just gorgeous - its next on my list

Winthrop44

Yep, I was looking at the swatch here: http://cafemakeup.com/2010/08/chanel-rouge-allure-extrait-de-gloss-in-imaginaire/ I wonder what that lipstick is? It is such a gorgeous pink!! I must have missed that post -- darn it, I wanted to get that color!
I wrote to Amy to ask what that l/s is - we will solve this mystery for sure!

EDIT: Amy answered me already (wow she is quick!) and says the lipstick in this swatch is #4 Imagination. So Bonitinha, you don't have to worry about which to get anymore! :)

Bonitinha

I wrote her, too! She is so sweet and told me also that is was Imagination. I have been wanting that color since Elegant posted a pic.

Elegant -- how did it go using the round side?? I want Imaginaire also! I noticed Amy said on her blog that it would go great with Confidentielle l/s. So many lippies, so little time LOL!

elegant-one

I wrote her, too! She is so sweet and told me also that is was Imagination. I have been wanting that color since Elegant posted a pic.

Elegant -- how did it go using the round side?? I want Imaginaire also! I noticed Amy said on her blog that it would go great with Confidentielle l/s. So many lippies, so little time LOL!
greengrin.gif
Now you know you need Imagination :) Well it works kinda the same for me on either side
girlhaha.gif
At first I tried my new Nars ls, but it was weird because it has this really big crease bump down the backside. If you have a good point to the ls top then it seems to be good for the outline of the lips.

I have really been into the reds/oranges -but good orange colors.They have to be kind of pink/corally tone for me. J Crew has been featuring that lip color with really minimal pale face, neutral/peach es & just a thin top line - its gorgeous! I'm hooked. Thats why I fell in love with Sari Dore.

Bonitinha

^^ I bet you look gorgeous in those colors. I can tell by your pics that you have gorgeous skin -- you are lucky to be able to pull off reds and orange-y corals!

elegant-one

^^ I bet you look gorgeous in those colors. I can tell by your pics that you have gorgeous skin -- you are lucky to be able to pull off reds and orange-y corals!
aww..you're such a doll
winkiss.gif
You know, at first when you put the reds/oranges on, you're like "ooh, can I wear this"...then you just get used to it after you wear it a couple of times. You could def. pull off those colors too - really you can!

Bonitinha

aww..you're such a doll
winkiss.gif
You know, at first when you put the reds/oranges on, you're like "ooh, can I wear this"...then you just get used to it after you wear it a couple of times. You could def. pull off those colors too - really you can!
I will have to venture out of my comfort zone and try them out! I just ordered Confidentielle RA and Imaginaire RAEG. Next on my list is Imagination RA and Rose Comete RC. I am trying to pace myself, but I get impatient :)

Miss QQ

Great choices! I want Imaginaire RAEG too. Today I put on Confidence RAEG on my lips, without balm/lipstick / liner and it felt really good. The only down side is that my hair keeps getting stuck on my lips.

Is Rose Comete frosty on the lips? I'm going to try applying lipstick on the round side too.

I used to dislike the RA scent but recently, I find myself enjoying the smell when I put on the l/s or the gloss. It has grown on me!
smiles.gif
I have just bought a Helmer and the plastic tray inserts to organise my makeup. Now my l/s are standing upside down and it makes finding a particular l/s much easier. It also means there are lots of space for my collection to expand.
graucho.gif
But I need to pace myself and my wallet.

Bonitinha

My lips aren't very pigmented -- I wonder if Rose Comete would be frosty on me?? I definitely don't like an overly frosty finish. Here are the 2 swatches that made me want to buy it:
http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2010/03/chanel-spring-2010-cultivating-beauty.html (and that Rose Dust blush looks gorg in that pic! - want!)
http://cafemakeup.com/2010/03/which-red-carpet-chanel-rouge-coco-do-you-prefer/ (the pic of Rachel McAdams)

I noticed in both of these, they put a gloss on top or RC -- I wonder if that diffuses some of the frostiness?? This is when I really need a counter close by to try everything on! :)

Bonitinha

Great choices! I want Imaginaire RAEG too. Today I put on Confidence RAEG on my lips, without balm/lipstick / liner and it felt really good. The only down side is that my hair keeps getting stuck on my lips.

Is Rose Comete frosty on the lips? I'm going to try applying lipstick on the round side too.

I used to dislike the RA scent but recently, I find myself enjoying the smell when I put on the l/s or the gloss. It has grown on me!
smiles.gif
I have just bought a Helmer and the plastic tray inserts to organise my makeup. Now my l/s are standing upside down and it makes finding a particular l/s much easier. It also means there are lots of space for my collection to expand.
graucho.gif
But I need to pace myself and my wallet.
I love Confidence also. I really need to stop using lip liner every time. I definitely grew up in the age of liner (anyone else do the really obvious lip liner in high school? thank goodness I learned how to blend it into my lips!) I am usually very sensitive to any smell added to makeup, but I like the smell of Chanel products, too. I love makeup organization -- so fun!

Winthrop44

Well it works kinda the same for me on either side
girlhaha.gif
At first I tried my new Nars ls, but it was weird because it has this really big crease bump down the backside. If you have a good point to the ls top then it seems to be good for the outline of the lips.
Yep, that's what I meant...I don't use the rounded back of the barrel but I hold that side facing my lips rather than the slanted side. Then I use the point to actually apply, but all over, not just to outline.

EDIT: Haha, this is driving me crazy! I just noticed I only hold it that way when I apply on my bottom lip. I hold it with the slanted side facing me when I apply on the upper lip. Either way I use the point. Now I KNOW I am wierd!!!

As far as Rose Comete, it's really true that you have to try it on. I know the actual color of my lips, in addition to the overall pigmentation, does wierd things to some lipsticks...especially my bottom lip for some reason, lol... like bringing out certain (always unattractive!) sheens, so...you may fare alot better than I did.

Miss QQ

My lips aren't very pigmented -- I wonder if Rose Comete would be frosty on me?? I definitely don't like an overly frosty finish. Here are the 2 swatches that made me want to buy it:
http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2010/03/chanel-spring-2010-cultivating-beauty.html (and that Rose Dust blush looks gorg in that pic! - want!)
http://cafemakeup.com/2010/03/which-red-carpet-chanel-rouge-coco-do-you-prefer/ (the pic of Rachel McAdams)

I noticed in both of these, they put a gloss on top or RC -- I wonder if that diffuses some of the frostiness?? This is when I really need a counter close by to try everything on! :)
Rose Comete is beautiful on Rachel McAdams! I agree I think it is better to try it on before purchasing.

I dislike mac frost lipsticks. I have Bombshell and it is too frosty on its own, but when I top it with gloss, it is fine.

mrslid

Yes, putting a gloss on top absolutely diffuses frostiness in lipsticks. I've steered clear of Rose Comete because of the frost but putting glosses over any of my other frosty leaning RC's fixes em right up ;)

Latest posts