Chanel Spring 2011

Shypo

^^ Oh, isn't she pretty! I love that look!

I'm giving the Cyto-cell a go - thank goodness for samples!

I'm also loving the promo pics for the Dior Spring 2011 collection.....greys and pinks are right up my alley!!!

http://www.makeup4all.com/dior-spring-2011-makeup-collection/

I love the quads and will probably try to get one....and the grey gloss is intriguing to say the least!

mrslid

Hi ladies!! Happy New Year!!!

I've so enjoyed catching up on posts today. You gals really crack me up LOL!

I got all excited about this CytoCell stuff so I started doing some research. I hate to be a party pooper but I came up with a pretty negative review on Beautypedia. I don't take all her reviews to heart but this one seems pretty reliable. First of ll when I saw on the Kate Somerville site that it came in a jar that immediately ruled it out for me since the air senstive active ingredients would remain stable once the jar is opened and I don't find jars sanitary. But the review also stated that quote "this moisturizer has the tiniest amount of peptide imaginable". It also said of course that there isn't any research proving that the peptide works but that certainly doesn't mean it wont. Then it said something that made that 71 year old reviewers comments almost make sense. She said CytoCell contains potent irritants that keep your skin from looking younger because they cause collagen breakdown. The lavender oil causes cell death and enhances antioxident damage and the bergamot oil contains volatile components that can cause skin discolorations in the presence of sunlight. I really hate to be so negative but $150 is a lot to spend on cream so I wanted everyone to be aware. Elegant you've already said it has made a difference for you so I'm sure this doesn't negate any of that (unless maybe your samples were in a tube then it is possible the full size may not be as effective??)

I still haven't felt in the posting mood lately. I've just been feeling really tired and unenthused. Maybe our vacation will turn things around...and getting my new Chanel goodies too if I can escape the associated guilt!! LOL

mrslid

I'm so sorry Elegant. I didn't mean to offend you. That's why I said that you said it worked already so nothing I said negates that. I just wondered if your samples may have been in a tube rather than jar so to warn you that you may see better results with it than the full sized version in a jar if the air exposure harms any of the ingredients that your seeing results from. Plus if anyone considering buying it has sensitive skin that may react to the lavender or bergamot. You said yourself that skincare works different on everyone so I wasn't saying that everything I was posting doesnt' mean it won't work. I just wanted to put the info out there in case anyone was interested. You also mentioned you were using the Philosophy retinal cream which may be partly responsible for how great your skin is reacting. I'm sorry I didn't intend to come off negatively towards you I was just sharing info to anyone who might have been researching it too. I guess I should go back to not posting for a while LOL Apparantly I've lost my tact ;-)

Shadowy Lady

This collection is not released here yet but I do have my final list (I think):
- Regard Perle quad
- Coquette RA
- Black Pearl n/p

Bonitinha

Cheryl -- I read a few posts back that you may need to do a Chanel.com return. I checked on the lipstick and gloss I returned back in October and Chanel did refund that, thankfully. I will check on the returns I did in December. So maybe they are getting their act together with the online returns (hopefully!).

Elegant -- I am furiously taking notes on all of the skincare items you are mentioning. The Philosophy retinol cream you talked about sounds promising. I go to a dermatologist, but all he says is use Retin-A after using a mild cleanser, and then use a mild moisturizer. Is that really all I need?? I know I can't be mixing in too many other AHA's or BHA's when I'm on Retin-A -- but I feel like I need a better regimen!

Hope you all are enjoying your Sunday
winkiss.gif

User38

^^ Winthrop, yep... all of two... it is a new product. But what struck me was the emphasis on frosted... lol. That alone is scary for me.. plus the app method via sponge, is not the most appealing to me. I will take my lashings if it's a huge hit.. but so far, my nose says no.

elegant-one

Cheryl -- I read a few posts back that you may need to do a Chanel.com return. I checked on the lipstick and gloss I returned back in October and Chanel did refund that, thankfully. I will check on the returns I did in December. So maybe they are getting their act together with the online returns (hopefully!).

Elegant -- I am furiously taking notes on all of the skincare items you are mentioning. The Philosophy retinol cream you talked about sounds promising. I go to a dermatologist, but all he says is use Retin-A after using a mild cleanser, and then use a mild moisturizer. Is that really all I need?? I know I can't be mixing in too many other AHA's or BHA's when I'm on Retin-A -- but I feel like I need a better regimen!

Hope you all are enjoying your Sunday
winkiss.gif
Hi my dear!

Well I don't know much about the AHA & BHA, but for me, my skin was starting to look just dull & tired - you know, I just felt like it really need something to perk it up. Philosophy does have a huge following & their retinol products are very very mild. I read a lot of reviews from women my age ;) that got great results from those 2 items & I found my results to be the same. If you go to Philosophy.com you can see where they get great ratings.
1) Help Me (gotta love that name ;) ) 98% approve rating

our award-winning night retinol cream helps minimizes the look of large pores, fine lines and skin discoloration, while helping to clear congested pores. a patented time-release delivery system allows the retinol to be released into the skin gradually for less irritation.
features & benefits

• patented MICROSPONGE system for gradual retinol release
  • helps clear pores, even pigment and reduce the look of fine lines
  • benefits of a vitamin a without the peeling
^it REALLY does minimize pores & smooths surface & discolorations
2) On A Clear Day retinol clarifying lotion - love this!
promotes healthy skin, discolorations, acne scars, refines the pores & texture of skin. - I put this on right after I wash my face. Help Me at night & in the morning I use Kate Somervilles CytoCell.
3) Philosophy's Purity cleanser - makes your skin amazingly clean soft & pores cleared out!!!

I still use Chanels green toner to take my makeup off.

You can get samples from Sephora first or those nice try me kits! I bought full size when Philosophy.com ran their 30% off at Christmas. Cheap I say!

I have been using the Philosophy for about a month now, CytoCell about a week - it has totally changed the overall tone, texture & clarity of my skin. For me, the CytoCell was the icing on the cake!!!! My skin is like glass & today in the daylight - I couldn't believe how flawless it looked. I didn't have bad skin, but aging & menopause makes the skin strange sometimes. All I can say is that it took my skin to a whole other level that I am so happy with. All skin is not created equal - so everyone should try samples.

2browneyes

Well, I think I'm gonna back outta this thread as well lol There's a whole nother world here :) Idk if my wallet would 4give me if I didn't :)

Winthrop44

^^ Winthrop, yep... all of two... it is a new product. But what struck me was the emphasis on frosted... lol. That alone is scary for me.. plus the app method via sponge, is not the most appealing to me. I will take my lashings if it's a huge hit.. but so far, my nose says no.

I hear ya. If I end up getting it my plan will be to use my fingers!

Bonitinha

Thank you Elegant
bigheart.gif
, you are such a sweetheart. I'm going to head over to my Sephora to check out those Philosophy skincare items. You had me at clean pores and flawless skin!

I was using a sample of the Chanel Hydramax serum on my neck and chest (I think it was the green colored one). Love it so much, but afraid to look at the price
blink.gif
It literally left my skin feeling silky!

Off to the mall tomorrow :)

elegant-one

Thank you Elegant
bigheart.gif
, you are such a sweetheart. I'm going to head over to my Sephora to check out those Philosophy skincare items. You had me at clean pores and flawless skin!

I was using a sample of the Chanel Hydramax serum on my neck and chest (I think it was the green colored one). Love it so much, but afraid to look at the price
blink.gif
It literally left my skin feeling silky!

Off to the mall tomorrow :)
kissy.gif
;) aww, you are so welcome my dear! Well it won't hurt to get some samples. We all want to look in the mirror & love our skin - so anything that helps is all good.Oh too, I forgot - I only use very small thin amounts of product - for whatever that is worth.

The Hydramax IS nice.

User38

thank you darlin Elegant for the info on the Cyto Cell.. it sounds interesting and may be a great replacement at a lot less money than my current Revive... which is taking the kibble from my doggies..
holysheep.gif

I have used Hope in a jar for years.. on and off but it's always in stock... as well as the Micro Wash.. which I use every nite alternating with some other products from Dermalogica as well as Peter Thomas Roth's disposable pads.. those are excellent too. As I told you before, after Jeff died, I was so sad and crying all the time, it did affect my skin horrifically. Now my mule hide is back to normal but I always try to keep it in the best shape possible.

back on Chanel... yea Winthrop -- I hope the quint is not a dud.. lol, if it's good I will keep it but using my fingers makes me feel downright uncivilized.

btw.. tech issues for me again.. grrr

elegant-one

thank you darlin Elegant for the info on the Cyto Cell.. it sounds interesting and may be a great replacement at a lot less money than my current Revive... which is taking the kibble from my doggies..
holysheep.gif

I have used Hope in a jar for years.. on and off but it's always in stock... as well as the Micro Wash.. which I use every nite alternating with some other products from Dermalogica as well as Peter Thomas Roth's disposable pads.. those are excellent too. As I told you before, after Jeff died, I was so sad and crying all the time, it did affect my skin horrifically. Now my mule hide is back to normal but I always try to keep it in the best shape possible.

back on Chanel... yea Winthrop -- I hope the quint is not a dud.. lol, if it's good I will keep it but using my fingers makes me feel downright uncivilized.

btw.. tech issues for me again.. grrr
Taking Kibbles from the dogs -
nope.gif
girlhaha.gif

I love to try new things all the time. I'm glad you're feeling a little back to normal.
heart.gif
If I cry, my eyes get dry patches & my skin breaks out aggh.

The site is having its issues again tonight. I cant edit posts etc. Shypo is gonna think I was drinking a lot tonight
girlhaha.gif
The CytoCell makes sense. It makes my blush go on perfectly! If thats all it did I'm happy, but the rest of what its doing is great. What a pick me up - for an ol lady ;)

User38

A toast to us old ladies.. who can rock a lippie and a dark smokey eye..
drinks.gif
-- I think Shypo would join us in this toast too.

and yea, I know that feeling too.. I looked like a wrinkly frog for a few months.. lol -- but part of being an old lady is you become savvy and discretionary in being able to pick and choose what you can do to help yourself out... it's called grey matter lol. Too, it helps to have discretionary income and not take the kibble away from my doggies.. YAY
pompom.gif

elegant-one

Well Amen to all of that my dear! Yes, Shypo most certainly would be with us on that ;)

I'm not sure that I am going to keep the grey liner pencil - it just seemed to fade, I dunno

User38

I hear ya.. grey on me pulls blue about 90% of the time.. only one grey so far has not.

there are severe techissues tonight...lmaoooooo

marajode

Hello Ladies,
I hope you all are having a wonderful 2011 so far!!!
I haven't posted on Specktra for a bit, but I kind of feel the urge to tonight.
I opened the door to the Chanel forum a couple of months back, then quickly closed it for fear of too much tantalization. I played a Jedi mind trick on myself to convince me there was nothing to see here.
Well dammit, since then I have tried to avert my eyes at any Chanel reviews or promo images. But, something about this Spring collection had me read a little bit here and there and more and more, to the point that I couldn't help it. I think it was the black pearl. I adore tahitian black pearls.
I am no longer a Chanel virgin, and it's kinda scary.
I made my first order last week and it is to be delivered tomorrow. The excitement level is ridiculous. But, I really can not wait to play.
I ordered both palettes, and couple of lippies.
Now is going to be a test of restraint for the future. I really have had a blast learning about this collection, and on the one hand I want to learn more about the permanent line, but on the other I don't. (that whole all or nothing thing... I kind of tend to go that route).

I also have a couple of things from the Champale and SY collections, but just a few. The posts about ordering stuff now with boat loads of makeup already had me laughing. Yep, crazy.

Now, I shall go hang out for the last couple of hours with the in-laws. Tomorrow I will have my house back after a really long couple of weeks!! Then, let the deliveries commence!