Chanel Spring 2011

strix

Have any of y'all seen this yet? I'm sure someone has in previous posts, but I just ran across it this morning (pre-fall 2011....geez, can we wish our lives away any faster? ;) )

http://www.make-up.becomegorgeous.com/makeup_products/new_lumieres_byzantines_palette_by_chanel-3477.html

Interesting, but I'm not sure it's something I would rush out to buy........plus, with only 1500 having been made........can you imagine the price?
thud.gif
Wow, those photos for fall are gorgeous! I agree, the model looks amazing.

RedVelvetX

I really want the black pearl nail polish, also considering the quint. I might cave in on both this week.

Bonitinha

^^Enjoy your new Chanel goodies! It is really hard to exercise restraint once you've tried it! I have had so much fun getting into Chanel
heart.gif

Shypo

Welcome, Marajode - we're happy you're here, and we'll try not to enable toooooo much
angelic.gif
, though I cannot speak for Momma Spy!!
sneaky.gif

You'll have to let us know how you like your goodies!!!

elegant-one

Well dammit, since then I have tried to avert my eyes at any Chanel reviews or promo images. But, something about this Spring collection had me read a little bit here and there and more and more, to the point that I couldn't help it. I think it was the black pearl. I adore tahitian black pearls.
I am no longer a Chanel virgin, and it's kinda scary.
I made my first order last week and it is to be delivered tomorrow. The excitement level is ridiculous. But, I really can not wait to play.
I ordered both palettes, and couple of lippies.
Now is going to be a test of restraint for the future. I really have had a blast learning about this collection, and on the one hand I want to learn more about the permanent line, but on the other I don't. (that whole all or nothing thing... I kind of tend to go that route).

I also have a couple of things from the Champale and SY collections, but just a few. The posts about ordering stuff now with boat loads of makeup already had me laughing. Yep, crazy.

Now, I shall go hang out for the last couple of hours with the in-laws. Tomorrow I will have my house back after a really long couple of weeks!! Then, let the deliveries commence!
Hey marajode!

girlhaha.gif
I always loved our Star Wars references. Wow you were brave & got both palettes - we'll all want to know how they compare for you and of course what other goodies you liked.

Don't stay away from here! Enjoy your goodies when you get them.

Shyp -
greengrin.gif
And thanks for my morning laugh!

elegant-one

I wanted to tell you guys too, that this weekend I wore the Dark Green shade in the quad over ccb Root just up to the crease & it was GORGEOUS. In the light you could really see the deep pearly green - just how the color looks in the above BP np bottle!

marajode

th_drool.gif

I love that description of how root looks under the dk green shadow. I'm going to try that!!
I love it. I also ordered black pearl. (come on delivery!)
I think I need to slap on some artificial nails so that I have more space to paint and look at, in various lightings.

Shypo

^^ Sounds like a must-try combo to me!! Can't wait to get my package.....hopefully today......

And yes, I'd be rockin' the ol' lady toast - maybe in the rockin' chair, but who cares!
dance.gif

Gotta get me some pink pants.......
cheerleader.gif

This site is so annoying me.

Winthrop44

I am home from my 3 hour adventure to "my" Chanel counter (it's too far for me to really consider it mine)...and I brought the quint home with me. I
heart.gif
loved
heart.gif
it in person! It's not frosty at all, just sheer washes of shimmery color. The shimmer is really cool, if you swatch on your arm and move your arm around sometimes they almost look matte, they really do reflect the light like pearls.

mrslid

Well my Chanel SA in the US just shipped my huge Spring order to me this morning USPS so I don't get nailed for the UPS fee again. I can see some obsessive online tracking in my future LOL. She said the box is a little large because of the "surprise" she put in there for me and all my samples. I'm so excited!! She's so great and has really been wonderful. I also ordered my friend some stuff too so I'm excited that she just happened to pick out two of the spring items I didn't order that I was stressing over, Jersey Rose and Aragonite. Now I can check them out in person and know if I'm really missing out.

Hubby and I are off today with the kids for the New Years Day stat holiday. Both are jobs chose today as the day to close. Is everyone else off today too? It seems like a lot of people are working today. I really need to get some laundry done but needed to enjoy some me time while the kids are napping! I don't know why I'm so stressed out these days. My vision has gotten really great but I still have the double vision so I think I'm having some anxiety over whether that will resolve itself on it's own in time or not. MissQQ how is your friend doing after her procedure?

Elegant that combo sounds really nice! I can't wait to try out the quad. I swore I was going to wait to order it but couldn't after your rave reviews. What colour is Root CCB?? I think I may need to get some different bases besides my Bare Canvas paint (which I LOVE). Maybe some darker paint pots or other cream shadows of some sort? Your pics of BP are so gorgeous but I made myself resist ordering any of the polishes because my order was already so out of hand. I think I have arranged a swap though for Pulsion and Feu de Russie so I'm pretty excited to try those. Paradoxyl didn't wow me enough to start a huge Chanel NP addiction but I haven't received Riva yet so I could still be in trouble
sneaky.gif

Welcome to all the new faces on the board too!! Chanel is a dangerous addiction to start but it really is worth it! I have very, very few disappointments since I have started ordering mostly Chanel. I do most of my shopping online and used to have so many "mistakes" but I am usually always extremely happy with my Chanel purchases.
I do actually want a few things from the new MAC collection which hasn't happened in a while. Dark Diversion fluidline looks gorgeous and the Too Chic and maybe even Play it Proper BPs look perfect! I've been looking for a subtle not glittery or sparkly highlighter for ages and these look very promising from the stuff I've seen online. The only thing holding me back from ordering is how scary my Chanel Spring order was but I think maybe I should do it. It will be my first MAC order in a very, very long time.

I'm having a lot of issues with the site too. It's maddening. It really doesn't function well on my iPhone either which has been my biggest frustration.

mrslid

I am home from my 3 hour adventure to "my" Chanel counter (it's too far for me to really consider it mine)...and I brought the quint home with me. I
heart.gif
loved
heart.gif
it in person! It's not frosty at all, just sheer washes of shimmery color. The shimmer is really cool, if you swatch on your arm and move your arm around sometimes they almost look matte, they really do reflect the light like pearls.

edit: AGHH my reply didn't post with my quote...I'll try again.

The quint sounds heavenly!! I'm so happy to hear you like it! I was starting to feel anxious over ordering it after many of you were worried about it being overly frosty. My lids are starting to show their age so I was worrying it wouldn't suit me. The swatches online looked so gorgeous though I had to try it! I can't wait to receive it. Hopefully it will arrive before the end of the week. Did you pick up anything else on your trip to the counter?

Wow red that is a modest haul! I couldn't exercise that much self control! Did you see the collection in person? I didn't get any of the liners since there was already too much I wanted from the collection but I do love the look of the two in this collection and think they would really comliment the other lip products so nicely but I rarely use liner. I was thinking I should get a nude one of some sort at least because I do have sort of one unevenly pigented area on the border of my lips.

mrslid

Quote:
^^ Winthrop, yep... all of two... it is a new product. But what struck me was the emphasis on frosted... lol. That alone is scary for me.. plus the app method via sponge, is not the most appealing to me. I will take my lashings if it's a huge hit.. but so far, my nose says no.
Yes my SA actually made a point of letting me know that they were trained by Chanel to use the sponge applicator for the quint and that it really is the best method. I always have laughed at the sponge tip applicators in Chanel products but they really do promote using them to get stronger pigmentation from some of the products than what is acheivable with a brush and I have started digging them out now and again to play with them and I must say they do serve a purpose LOL. I guess I should stop being prejudiced towards sponge tip applicators ;-)
So you mentioned you ordered the quint. Are you going to give it a try before you return it??

Winthrop44

^^ Winthrop, yep... all of two... it is a new product. But what struck me was the emphasis on frosted... lol. That alone is scary for me.. plus the app method via sponge, is not the most appealing to me. I will take my lashings if it's a huge hit.. but so far, my nose says no.

Yes my SA actually made a point of letting me know that they were trained by Chanel to use the sponge applicator for the quint and that it really is the best method. I always have laughed at the sponge tip applicators in Chanel products but they really do promote using them to get stronger pigmentation from some of the products than what is acheivable with a brush and I have started digging them out now and again to play with them and I must say they do serve a purpose LOL. I guess I should stop being prejudiced towards sponge tip applicators ;-)
When I got home I played a little and so far I'm surprised to find that I like the sponges more than fingers myself. I haven't tried any brushes yet though. I wonder what Ingenue used for application in that beautiful look she posted? Oh Ingenue...are you out there?

Camnagem

heart.gif
loved
heart.gif
Oh man...just when I thought I was safe from the quint (lol)! This sounds beautiful. I think I'll have to go see it in person to make my final decision.

mrslid

WOW thank you so much for posting that! I get so frustrated by the amount of great products sold in crappy packaging. That is wonderful that they have actually come up with a stable form of jar packaging! Now I'm back to being totally intrigued by this product again. I wonder if I can get my hands on a sample anywhere. If I can see results as quick as Elegant I don't care what kind of "irritating" ingredients it may contain as long as my skin doesn't react. I do have rosacea but seem to not have too many issues with reacting to stuff in skin care.

I just wanted to mention that Kate Somerville's jars are actually different than most. They don't have typical screw-off caps that leave the product open to the world. Instead, they have an outer cap that you remove, and what you see inside is what looks like another lid with a small hole in the center. You push down on both sides of that and the product dispenses through the small hole in the middle. It dispenses the amount of product you want, and keeps the rest of the contents safe inside and un-touched.
Elegant - I haven't used the new CytoCell product, but I'm really interested in doing so ASAP! I was thrilled reading your review of the sample, and I hope you continue to see great results! One of my New Year's resolutions is to get more "serious" about my skincare. I take good care of my skin now, but it's time to step it up to another level. I've used a few different KS products in the past and I'm strongly considering switching over to her line exclusively (also thinking about Clarins, Mario Badescu, and Ole Henriksen).

mrslid

Oohhh how exciting!! Maybe after Amy's post they're trying out some customer appreciation! LOL

Bonitinha

Winthrop -- enjoy your quint! I'm sure you will be able to come up with a lot of pretty looks. And yay for you that you behaved yourself
cutey.gif
I definitely did not behave myself last month!!

Mrslid -- I'm sure you will love everything you ordered in the Spring collection. Sounds like you have a great SA at Chanel -- lucky! Enjoy your day off today. My husband actually got Friday off last week due to New Year's day being on Saturday. So back to the routine for everyone in my house. It is so quiet after having the kids home for 2 weeks!

Meg -- let us know about what new skincare you try. I'm always interested in hearing about new products!