Chanel Spring 2011

elegant-one

What a gorgeous gift, Elegant! I'm -hopefully- stopping by my Chanel counter tomorrow... maybe they'll have them there as well. I need to swatch Jersey Rose RC anyway.
The calenders even prettier in person. OMG!

Yes, don't forget to swatch Jersey Rose - it would be Beautiful on you!!!

Shypo - yes, & I feel like your little time bomb guy,,,;) oh, I giggle a lil every time I look at your avatar!

Bonitinha

^^I was so put out when I checked the mail -- and no Chanel calenders in sight
001_unsure.gif
LOL I'll keep watching the mail ;)

Shypo

^^Yours is probably on the truck with my order.....
th_mad0217.gif

Do you guys have disappearing smileys? I swear I don't get a full set when I go to the list.........and yet if I try to use the 'shortcut method' with the colons, it doesn't work. :dunno:

See ^^^^^^???????

The green M&M chick cracks me up........her white knee socks and that come hither look......

elegant-one

I have a disappearing cursor! I can't see where I am typing. It only happens here.

So funny trying to type a pm, if I try to edit anything it puts it at the top of everything I just wrote so the beginning of the letter is at the bottom. crazy
girlhaha.gif
- so it's like - she said WHAT!? ;)

Michelle I hope you def. get one dear!

Bonitinha

Cheryl -- I have the whole disappearing smiley thing, too. What up with that?? And yes, your avatar is adorable. She has a great pair of legs!
girlhaha.gif

Elegant -- I'll keep checking my mailbox! Man, I'm a little obsessed with anything Chanel!
cutey.gif

strix

That's such a beautiful surprise, Elegant.

I went to the Chanel counter today to check out the spring collection in person. Maybe my Nordstrom isn't as good as everyone else's...the testers are always so messy and picked over that I never want to try anything, and there's never a Chanel makeup artist around to help me. So I passed up getting anything this time. Also, for some reason Chanel's products always look smaller than I imagined when I see them in person. I do sort of still want the quint, Black Pearl or Peche nail polish, and Espiegle blush-- maybe I'll go back and get them. And I was really liking the look of Bikini Peach Glossimer, even though it's not from the spring collection.

Miss QQ

elegant, the calendar is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it. I know you will enjoy the calendar. I got a gift from Chanel beaute too, for being one of the top spenders I guess. lol. I haven't taken the pics but I will do it some time, probably tomorrow.

winthrop, pleased to hear you bought the quint. I'm so excited to see it in person! Enjoy the calendar too!

mrslid, my friend is doing well. She doesn't have any double/blurred vision and she started putting eye makeup yesterday. Hope your double vision will go away soon. Talk to your doctor about it. :hug:

Camnagem

That's such a beautiful surprise, Elegant.

I went to the Chanel counter today to check out the spring collection in person. Maybe my Nordstrom isn't as good as everyone else's...the testers are always so messy and picked over that I never want to try anything, and there's never a Chanel makeup artist around to help me. So I passed up getting anything this time. Also, for some reason Chanel's products always look smaller than I imagined when I see them in person. I do sort of still want the quint, Black Pearl or Peche nail polish, and Espiegle blush-- maybe I'll go back and get them. And I was really liking the look of Bikini Peach Glossimer, even though it's not from the spring collection.
Welcome!!!

You know I always have the same sort of reaction when I see new JC blushes or quads/palettes at Chanel in person..."that looks so small!". In reality they're the same size as the others I own, but I guess I just forget, lol.

I have to say that I love Black Pearl NP, and Espiegle JC is just gorgeous glowy goodness! If you're drawn to them I'd say take one more look before passing them up, but if not no biggie! Maybe some other Chanel goodies will steal your heart instead. I just noticed you're in Colorado too, which Nordies do you go to?

Miss QQ

I called my counter to ask when the collection is arriving and the SA said only at the end of this month! I'm surprised that it is so late!

Here are the pics of my Christmas 2010 gift - a camelia. It is a clay thingy and the back is something like velvet, where I can spray perfume and then place it in my wardrobe. My clothes will then smell heavenly. The MA taught me what it is, but I have forgotten what it is called. I got a cute charm for Christmas 2009 but I will upload the pics tomorrow. It is taking very long to upload and the website froze just now.

bis

What a nice present, MissQQ. No gifts here.... Thanks for posting the link to Temptalia, I am liking her swatches. Nakkar there looks a lot more like I wanted it to look. Still, it's sheer on her lips.

Bonitinha

What a sweet little gift MissQQ! I bet you can't wait until you get your hands on the new collection!

elegant-one

ack - Nakkar looks so beautiful. I think it would look really pretty over Peregrina or Jersey Rose. I wish it had a bit more pigmentation to it.

shimmergrass

that calendar looks awesome! :) enjoy it! :)

i am heading to the mall today to try the JC in person!

any other chanel recommendations for nc40 skin tone? i have a gift card to use! :)

Camnagem

MissQQ, what a beautiful gift! I've never heard of anything quite like that item and I think it's a really special treasure.
sigh.gif

I actually like Nakkar, but it is more sheer than I wanted it to be. It looks lovely over both Peregrina and Jersey Rose (and I can't wait to try it over VG Cyndi...I think that will be gorgeous!), but I won't wear it alone. I wouldn't call it a must have, but it does look great over lipsticks and of course the glossimer formula wears well and feels good.

I'll try to do some swatches over lipsticks when we get better natural lighting here.
winkiss.gif

Ingenue

Oooooh I'd LOVE that calendar... but I'm sure I don't purchase enough from Chanel corporate to qualify. I get most of my stuff from Nordies or Bloomingdales.

I wore the Regard Perle Quad today. I may have to take back my earlier crtiticism... it's REALLY easy to apply and blend. And the colors are better than Murano (thank goodness b/c that is not my favorite quad). Like a goober, I used ALL the colors on my eyes today:
I used the green on the outer corners (and under the waterline), peach on the innner corners, pink through the crease and white gold up to the browbone. That's Peche lip liner with a shiseido gloss on the lips. Chanel In Love blush on the cheeks.

elegant-one

OHMY Ingenue - that is SUPER Gorgeous!!! I love that on you so much!!!!!!! The lips are such a beautiful color.

Now I LOVE Peche LL - oh no...just when I thought I was done ;)