Chanel Spring 2011

Bonitinha

Very pretty look Ingenue! Those colors look amazing on you!

I haven't given up hope that I'll get a lil' surprise from Chanel this week
sigh.gif
Those calenders were just so cute!

purrtykitty

I got my calendar today. Hubs just shook his head and said I spend too much if they're sending me stuff like that.

mrslid

I'm sure yours is coming Michelle!! Ingenue that looks incredible on you! I wish more of you beautiful gals would post your looks on here. It is so nice to see how the products look on different people! Of course more lemmings are created but.....,

mjacqueline

After reading all your raves about the various spring products, I'm dying to get mine. I've been checking UPS every day! Can't wait to try them out myself.

Winthrop44

Beautiful look again Ingenue! Tell us what you think when you get your goodies mjacqueline! I keep kicking myself for not swatching some other things I forgot about yesterday...like the liners and Imaginaire RAEdG...but then I'm glad I didn't! lol

Bonitinha

Here are some photos I took of my Spring goodies and a few other items. Rose Comete RC, Jersey Rose RC, Espiegle blush, Wild Rose glossimer, and Muscat glossimer. Sorry for the "craptastic" quality of the pictures -- the lighting was horrible in my bathroom: (Sorry, the new Specktra site won't let me paste pics directly from Photobucket -- it makes you click on the link)

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb435/treschicmama1/Chanel/DSCN1550.jpg

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb435/treschicmama1/Chanel/DSCN1548.jpg

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb435/treschicmama1/Chanel/DSCN1543.jpg

marajode

I only got my items yesterday, and I wanted to wait until I had more time to play before giving my thoughts.
BUT....
I really am loving Nakkar over a lipliner like InSynch, or the pink and orange from To the Beach. LOVE. On it's own, it is sheer, but oh so pretty. This is my first Glossimer, so I don't have others to compare.
However, it is really beautiful when used with the benefit Bella Bamba. Or hipness. I just haven't acheived that color I wanted unitl this combination of Nakkar and those color liners. (filled in lip with liner, and gloss on top).

The quint... I am hesitant to talk about too soon, because I was afraid that it was the novelty of my first Chanel purchase that was making me so love it. Do I think it would appeal to everybody? no. but to others, a big yes.
I can see why people are talking about the sheerness and application that they don't like. BUT that is kind of why I like it.
I put some of the peach color in the middle of my lid, over my current shadow yesterday, using my finger. Opened up my eyes. really. THe white shade in the inner corner and tearduct did great. That was with an angled liner brush.
I"m having fun trying the colors in the quint over various liners. Seriously, I get gorgeous colors doing that. Lined my upperlashline with Undercurrent, applied the green over it. I kept turning my head side to side to see the change of color and lightplay.
This morning I used the quint on its own, using the sponge and then finger for the lighter colors, and brush for the darker. They blended together and made such a glowy pearlescent subtle blend of color. I am normally more of a bold color, so I'm surprised I like this so much.
Anywho, I could keep going.

Oh, and the quad, I am so relieved at how much I love the colors and blendability. That green, is insanely pretty. THe quint and quad play well together, like using the quad, and then pop one of the light colors from the quint on the center of the lid. I tried that tonight. (I have put on and taken off makeup way too many times in the last two days. lol)

I haven't tried the Black Pearl yet, but have enjoyed looking at the bottle :D Can't wait for Jersey Rose to get here Thursday. I ended up adding that to an order from Nordies with my Play it Proper.

I really am tickled with my first Chanel. I pulled a Gollum when I first got the box. I felt like I was in a corner, saying "my precious.."

marajode

Those are pretty pics Bonitinha!

The glossimers look gorgeous.

And Ingenue, both of your looks are just stunning!
drools.gif

strix

I got to the Nordies in Broomfield (I'm a Boulderite) but I occasionally venture down to Cherry Creek. Which one do you go to?

I think I'm going to get Espiegle-- I've been looking for a good peachy blush. Do Chanel seasonal collections sell out quickly? I know with MAC they seem to sell out before I've gotten around to purchasing what I want!

Camnagem

I got to the Nordies in Broomfield (I'm a Boulderite) but I occasionally venture down to Cherry Creek. Which one do you go to?
I think I'm going to get Espiegle-- I've been looking for a good peachy blush. Do Chanel seasonal collections sell out quickly? I know with MAC they seem to sell out before I've gotten around to purchasing what I want!
Oh ok! The hubs and I are in the Lone Tree/Highlands Ranch area so I go to the one in the Park Meadows Mall. I really like the store itself, but the sales people are...not my favorite, lol.

With Chanel collections you have more time to check things out and figure out what you want before things are gone, for sure! Every now and then 1 item will be smoking hot and sell quickly, but for the most part it's nothing like the MAC collection madness. Quite often new items from each collection are actually added to the perm line too, so that's always nice.

I hope you love Espiegle if you pick it up! I really think it's gorgeous!

Ingenue

Thank you so much ladies! You guys are too kind. Elegant, I got the quad after seeing that you really loved yours. I decided to be fair and swatch it at the store. It was the green that got me... it's not even really a green because it's shot through with a purple shimmer. Just STUNNING. And I LOVE that peach color. And the white swatches a sheer gold on me... LOVE! So yeah, the quad was a no brainer after that. I still love the quint the MOST though... it's like the older naughty sister of the quad. Darker colors... more building and blending capabilities. I love it! And yeah, that Peche liner is so good, I went for a backup. It's SUPER flattering. I absolutely love it.

Miss QQ

Cafe Makeup has done a review on the blush and it's gorgeous!

marajode, great that you are loving the quint! Now I'm even more excited about it, if it is possible. I've hit the max in the excitement factor.
Still waiting for the spring stuff here...
Let's wait together! What a long wait! I want the blush, quint, Peregrina and Black Pearl.

Here are the pics of my Christmas 2009 charm/keychain and the fashion fall/winter magazine.

Bonitinha

I love that keychain, too. Cutest.thing.ever.
heart.gif

P.S. Since Photobucket's image code links don't show up on this new Specktra site -- do you ladies resize your pics before you insert them as an attachment?

Miss QQ

Thanks, winthrop and Michelle! I love it so much I didn't hang it anywhere, for fear of losing it. I'm just keeping it in my drawer.

You can just click on the "insert image" button and choose the file you want to upload. Specktra will automatically resize it and you can see it in your reply text box. It is really cool, but the only problem for me is that sometimes it takes ages to upload and the website freezes. And I lose all the text I typed when I click refresh.

Latest posts