Chanel Spring 2011

elegant-one

Thank you so much ladies! You guys are too kind. Elegant, I got the quad after seeing that you really loved yours. I decided to be fair and swatch it at the store. It was the green that got me... it's not even really a green because it's shot through with a purple shimmer. Just STUNNING. And I LOVE that peach color. And the white swatches a sheer gold on me... LOVE! So yeah, the quad was a no brainer after that. I still love the quint the MOST though... it's like the older naughty sister of the quad. Darker colors... more building and blending capabilities. I love it! And yeah, that Peche liner is so good, I went for a backup. It's SUPER flattering. I absolutely love it.
bouquet.gif
lol.gif

It's true - I love the peach color in the quad a lot too! Well, I am just going to have to get the peach liner
sigh.gif

mrslid

Quote:Originally Posted by stv578 

Still waiting for the spring stuff here...

I could maybe hook you up with my SA in the US if you're interested. My spring haul could arrive as early as tomorrow. Would have been sooner if I had of made up my mind in my order sooner ;-)

Shadowy Lady

I could maybe hook you up with my SA in the US if you're interested. My spring haul could arrive as early as tomorrow. Would have been sooner if I had of made up my mind in my order sooner ;-)
hmmm, I would also be interested in a hook up for future Chanel purchases. My SA said they should have this collection by weekend but it would be nice to get things earlier in the future :)

Bonitinha

I noticed that Chanel.com has their price increase listed:

The Rouge Allure and Rouge Coco l/s are $32
Glossimers are now $28.50
The RAEG and RAL are both $32
JC blush is $43
Quads are $56

I hope they are improving their customer service on their site to match their price increase
sigh.gif

Winthrop44

I noticed that Chanel.com has their price increase listed:

The Rouge Allure and Rouge Coco l/s are $32
Glossimers are now $28.50
The RAEG and RAL are both $32
JC blush is $43
Quads are $56

I hope they are improving their customer service on their site to match their price increase
sigh.gif

Not too bad I guess, given that they were going up, I guess it could have been worse. That's the current quad price, isn't it? So they're not increasing?

Edit: Nevermind...I see the quads are up to $57 on NM...still $1 isn't that bad....not that I understand why there is ANY increase in the current economy. I could think of some ways for them to save money without increasing prices...like not Fed-Exing ingredient lists in response to inquiries, for one. lol

elegant-one

I'm not so sure that Espiegle would have worked so well had they left it a straight up Peach, but I think because they used that almost vintage light rose pink base/undertone - it works.

Bonitinha

Not too bad I guess, given that they were going up, I guess it could have been worse. That's the current quad price, isn't it? So they're not increasing?

Edit: Nevermind...I see the quads are up to $57 on NM...still $1 isn't that bad....not that I understand why there is ANY increase in the current economy. I could think of some ways for them to save money without increasing prices...like not Fed-Exing ingredient lists in response to inquiries, for one. lol
Nope, not too bad thankfully. I was thinking that the quads had stayed the same, but I guess I can handle the $1 increase ;) Yep, it's just kinda wierd in this economy for a price increase. The price we pay for beauty! And you know I'll continue to buy my Chanel
girlhaha.gif

mrslid

Ya that price increase is liveable I guess. It still stinks though!

I loved Amy's comarison swatches on CafeMakeup. It made me feel OK scratching In Love off my list because it almost looked ugly next to the gorgeous Espiegle. Agghhh I can't wait to receive my order!!!!! It sucks I can't do a full eye look with liner and mascara yet with the quad and quint but at least I can play with them a bit.

User38

^ I got my quint.. and it's a meh... but the Beagle blush.. wowsaaaaaa.. gorgeous ! Quint's going home by Sat.

Coquette is lovely too..I might go back for Flamboyante.. dunno yet. I have too many reds and too many corals and too many manys.. lol.

User38

oh and the B P np is amazing..it truly does look like black tahitian pearls -- I might get the white for full on summer sandals.

strix

I'm excited to hear the Espiegle is permanent-- it sounds like everybody loves it! Can't wait for my upcoming trip to Nordstrom this weekend.

stv578

Thanks for the offer, but I don't mind waiting! I get to read all the reviews and then at least see everything in person. I have changed my mind on some things once I've seen it irl! I'm pretty sure I'll get a call in the next week :) Maybe I'll go by the counter today after I hit MAC to get a feel for when things might be arriving!

And I'm so glad to hear that Espiegle is a wearable peach for those of us that can't normally wear peachy colours! I think I've had a pink overload and find myself reaching for more bronze or peachier pink shades lately. I've also decided to add Black Pearl n/p to my list, but pass the peach l/s.

elegant-one

oh and the B P np is amazing..it truly does look like black tahitian pearls -- I might get the white for full on summer sandals.
yes it really is in person - yummy.

I wish they would do something about the malfunctioning of this stupid form field. ugghhh it drives me crazy

Latest posts