Chanel Spring 2011

Bonitinha

2browneyes -- we can certainly all relate to the wallet getting emptied through our Chanel addictions! hilarious
girlhaha.gif

Cheryl -- no calendar yet! So sad. I don't even want to know the amount of money I've spent on Chanel.com since last year -- so I was fully expecting to be rewarded for my spending LOL!
I really like the UD Naked palette -- I love neutrals and the colors are easy to blend. I just wish they would have offered a few more matte colors -- but I think you will love it! And enjoy your new Chanel loot, too!
heart.gif

I am excited for all of you ladies to get your new Spring goodies!

strix

You ladies are all so sweet and enabling! I like you already.

I'm loving my spring goodies that I got yesterday. Black Pearl is more green than I thought it would be, and it is almost the same color as my green-gray eyes, which was an unexpected surprise! Nakkar is such a lovely wearable shade of strawberry. I adore the applicator-- unlike my other lip glosses, it picks up the perfect amount of product. And Beagle is the perfect shade of peach-- a nice pick-me-up in winter!

Next I want some eyeshadows (either Spices, Taupe Delicate, or a couple single shadows) and the Soleil bronzer, but those will have to wait until my wallet can handle it!

Winthrop44

Quote: Originally Posted by Shypo

Winthrop - love the new avatar - I'm a quilt hound myself. Don't make them, just love them!!! I have a couple that my grandmother hand-pieced AND hand-sewed.......
heart.gif

Wow, I would love to have something like that! My avatar is part of a small one I started a long time ago and never finished, lol...but I have finished others. I really enjoy it and it's easier than it looks - I can quilt but not really sew (as in clothing, window treatments, etc.).

Bonitinha

Wintrop -- I am so impressed that you can quilt! My mom makes the most gorgeous quilts -- I just love them!

I am wearing the fabulous Espiegle blush and loving it. Paired with Imaginaire RAEG makes a really great combo. Just did MAC Patina e/s on the lid/crease with black liner and mascara. Super easy, but loving it. I would take a pic, but I don't want to document my bad hair day I'm having . . .

elegant-one

You ladies are all so sweet and enabling! I like you already.

I'm loving my spring goodies that I got yesterday. Black Pearl is more green than I thought it would be, and it is almost the same color as my green-gray eyes, which was an unexpected surprise! Nakkar is such a lovely wearable shade of strawberry. I adore the applicator-- unlike my other lip glosses, it picks up the perfect amount of product. And Beagle is the perfect shade of peach-- a nice pick-me-up in winter!

Next I want some eyeshadows (either Spices, Taupe Delicate, or a couple single shadows) and the Soleil bronzer, but those will have to wait until my wallet can handle it!
girlhaha.gif
I just loved the word 'NEXT'
greengrin.gif

You have eyes that are almost the color BP! Whoa - pretty!
So glad that you liked what you got.

We would probably all recommend Taupe Delicate - if you like those kinda colors though.

elegant-one

Cheryl -- no calendar yet! So sad. I don't even want to know the amount of money I've spent on Chanel.com since last year -- so I was fully expecting to be rewarded for my spending LOL!
I really like the UD Naked palette -- I love neutrals and the colors are easy to blend. I just wish they would have offered a few more matte colors -- but I think you will love it! And enjoy your new Chanel loot, too!
heart.gif

Yeah, I don't want to know what I've spent either - LaLaLaLaLa - I can't see or hear anything like that
cutey.gif

Winthrop44

Wintrop -- I am so impressed that you can quilt! My mom makes the most gorgeous quilts -- I just love them!

I am wearing the fabulous Espiegle blush and loving it. Paired with Imaginaire RAEG makes a really great combo. Just did MAC Patina e/s on the lid/crease with black liner and mascara. Super easy, but loving it. I would take a pic, but I don't want to document my bad hair day I'm having . . .

Pretty sure your hair on a bad hair day looks better than mine on a good day! That look sounds gorgeous. I think both the make-up obsession and the quilting are all about color combos for me!

Coquette looks so pretty here. Sigh.

http://cafemakeup.com/2011/01/chanel-rouge-allure-coquette/

mrslid

2browneyes -- we can certainly all relate to the wallet getting emptied through our Chanel addictions! hilarious
girlhaha.gif

heart.gif

I actually contemplated doing this not all that long ago as a way to maybe shock myself into behaving...but then I chickened out.

elegant-one

^^^Winthrop - It looked so much more coral to me in person. Maybe it was the lighting? Everything looks gorgeous on HER lips!!!
heart.gif

I wonder too, if Nakkar made it a lil more pretty pinkish.

Shypo

^^ I'm with you....the Queen of Denial........that's me!!!!
encore.gif

Gosh, too many new things to play with!! Tomorrow I'm going to do a look with the new quad.......and the quint.....Beagle (
girlhaha.gif
) and Coquette, which I actually may back up (don't know if it's LE). I said earlier that the lippies were in the back of the bus, but Coquette is just beautiful. I'm glad she swatched it with Camelia - another of my absolute faves.

I'm also really liking the Mally blush system......

Oh, and another new-found favorite.....NARS Douceur blush.....oh my gosh.

elegant-one

^^ I'm with you....the Queen of Denial........that's me!!!!
encore.gif

Gosh, too many new things to play with!! Tomorrow I'm going to do a look with the new quad.......and the quint.....Beagle (
girlhaha.gif
) and Coquette, which I actually may back up (don't know if it's LE). I said earlier that the lippies were in the back of the bus, but Coquette is just beautiful. I'm glad she swatched it with Camelia - another of my absolute faves.

I'm also really liking the Mally blush system......

Oh, and another new-found favorite.....NARS Douceur blush.....oh my gosh.
And we will live with Shypo
girlhaha.gif

Isn't the Mally set gorgeous!!!! I love the blush & lip color!!!

So you like Coquette that much. Is it coral on you?

Tried to pm you - but the site stuff was not working, It looks as though the problems have been fixed today! yay

Susanne

I am sorry you have all these problems here - the site is totally working for me
th_dunno.gif

Have a great weekend you all!

elegant-one

I am sorry you have all these problems here - the site is totally working for me
th_dunno.gif

Have a great weekend you all!
Hi Susanne!

A lot of people were having site issues for weeks. Mostly with quoting & the form field. It does seem to be working perfect today.
Thanks!

I hope you love your Black Pearl np when you get it!

Shypo

Quote:

And we will live with Shypo
girlhaha.gif

Isn't the Mally set gorgeous!!!! I love the blush & lip color!!!

So you like Coquette that much. Is it coral on you?

Tried to pm you - but the site stuff was not working, It looks as though the problems have been fixed today! yay

It's actually not too coral on me - just a good strawberry color.

Yes, the Mally set is awesome - I tend not to show her stuff too much love, but I really do like the blush!!

Camnagem

It's actually not too coral on me - just a good strawberry color.
Ok. As if I thought I could pass on any of the lippies from this collection...I now know for sure that I NEED Coquette too!

What is it with me and fruit/berry colored things? Or Nudes?

I'm obsessed with fruit and nudity!
yummy.gif
graucho.gif
th_roll1.gif

User38

lol and good for you Meg.. fruits and nudes do it for me too.

I passed on the Flamboyante.. but got Coquette which I simply love.... After the whole season of reds/berries/plums, I like the lighter shades for now and Coquette is just a sweet apricoty berry fine colour.

elegant-one

Ok. As if I thought I could pass on any of the lippies from this collection...I now know for sure that I NEED Coquette too!
What is it with me and fruit/berry colored things? Or Nudes?

I'm obsessed with fruit and nudity!
yummy.gif
graucho.gif
th_roll1.gif
Sounds like a painting - Nude with melons

greengrin.gif

Shypo

^^^ LMAO!!! You are too funny!!!!

OK girls - I was a baaaaaad girl today. I decided to order the Kate Somerville Cyto-Cell from Nordies......there's a gift with $150 purchase of the Goat Milk body cream (which I didn't know until I checked out) and while I haven't had the results that Elegant has had thus far, I do see some improvement (using the sample that I have). In the process of all of this, I 'stumbled' on Amy's blog post about Le Metier de Beaute.....and I know it will come as a shock, but Nordstrom carries it. So I just had to order a couple of shadows, just to try, since I was SO underwhelmed by the Burberry collection. I also ordered the Face Kaleidoscope. I do this with the knowledge that I can return if not happy. I do not need another obsession, especially at these prices, but I'm a sucker. I did not order the eye kaleidoscope but opted instead for 2 eye colors to try. This is not a brand that I will frequently buy.......

Don't hate me.

Has anyone else tried this brand?

Winthrop44

Yes, I've tried some single eyeshadows, love Sugar and Water Sapphire. A lot of people love Chameleon, Corinthian and Jojo -haven't checked out those myself as I suspect they'll be too frosty for me. Sabrina has great pics on her blog. Echo blush is also well loved but bothers my rosacea unfortunately. I also have a few glosses, they run pretty sheer. You can see those on Sabrina's blog too.

Latest posts