Chanel Spring 2011

elegant-one

^^^
girlhaha.gif
Shypo - I shouldn't laugh...

yes I should
lol.gif
So cute & funny. I shouldn't even find out about any new products. ok, I'll read about it.

no hatin - we love you!

Winthrop44

One thing I noticed tho is some color inconsistency. I got to a counter last month and even the MA noticed it....like between different pots of the same shadow. Bizarre. And Innocence shadow is known to be darker than it used to be.

Shypo

I wanted to order Corinthian but couldn't find it.....plus I would love to have the Persephone Kaleidoscope, but couldn't find it either. I may break down soon and order the Splendid Frost Kaleidoscope from Neiman Marcus, but we'll see. I would like to see these in person before ordering anything else, but here in EBF (pardon my French - I don't use that word
blush-anim-cl.gif
but the term is apt) there's not a whole lot to choose from for higher-end cosmetics.

mrslid

I was just eyeing up lMdB stuff today on the NM site actually. I always do. I think I'll continue to resist pulling the trigger because I have enough pricey addictions with Chanel for now! I just received NARS Douceur in a swap and can't wait to try it once she gets my end! I also got Chanel Vega and it looks so pretty! I'm so excited to try Coquette now. I placed my order so long ago it was before everyone was raving about it so I was a little concerned. My order didn't show up today :-( so I'll have to wait till at least Monday night to get it since we have no Saturday delivery here. I was so looking forward to finding that box when I got home. Boo! I'm so pleases everyone is loving their new stuff!

Winthrop44

2browneyes, unfortunately not right now, they just have free standard shipping with a $100 purchase - no code needed.

Cheryl, I don't know what that acronym means (maybe it's the wine I had with dinner) but I can guarantee you I live in a place with less makeup selection than you do. I was lucky enough to visit Philadelphia last month when my husband had to attend a continuing ed course tho and went to the King of Prussia Mall - he's lucky we don't live there is all I can say! I paid in cash to force myself not to spend much. They had a Le Metier counter, Chantecaille, etc. Neimans has Corinthian in the drop-down menu, just no swatch. That's strange that Nordstrom doesn't have it. Like with Chanel watch out for the swatches -- irl Naked is orange the way Innocence looks in pics, and River Stone looks like MAC Saddle, or at least that was the case with the ones I was sent. BTW these are very easy to depot and fit in Chantecaille as well as cheapo Graftobian palettes (like I use).

Can't wait to hear what you think of Coquette mrslid!

Shypo

2browneyes, unfortunately not right now, they just have free standard shipping with a $100 purchase - no code needed.

Cheryl, I don't know what that acronym means (maybe it's the wine I had with dinner) but I can guarantee you I live in a place with less makeup selection than you do. I was lucky enough to visit Philadelphia last month when my husband had to attend a continuing ed course tho and went to the King of Prussia Mall - he's lucky we don't live there is all I can say! I paid in cash to force myself not to spend much. They had a Le Metier counter, Chantecaille, etc. Neimans has Corinthian in the drop-down menu, just no swatch. That's strange that Nordstrom doesn't have it. Like with Chanel watch out for the swatches -- irl Naked is orange the way Innocence looks in pics, and River Stone looks like MAC Saddle, or at least that was the case with the ones I was sent. BTW these are very easy to depot and fit in Chantecaille as well as cheapo Graftobian palettes (like I use).

Can't wait to hear what you think of Coquette mrslid!
Thanks Winthrop!

Yes, the KoP Mall is the bomb! I used to visit there from time to time (one of my former clients is based in Philly/West Conshahoken) and it is truly a good thing I don't live near there either!!!!! EBF means East Bum......., it's just north of East Japeepee (a little New England humor).
rofl.gif
I used to also get to go to White Plains where they have all of the high-end stores in a very small area......that's where I used to see Chantecaille and some of the other elite brands. Ahhh, those were the days. My Nordies has Armani, so I guess I'm doing well
th_yawn.gif

Thanks for the color descriptions and the lead on Corinthian - I may end up ordering a couple of things from Neiman Marcus.....maybe next month ;). I did order JoJo, and Echo is in the FK that I ordered, so I'm looking forward to that. I have to go to Santa Clara in a couple of weeks, so I'm hoping to get out to one of the malls (I think it's in San Jose) to maybe check out some other colors if I can find the line.

Hope you get your package soon, mrslid - it can be frustrating waiting for that box!!!

strix

You have eyes that are almost the color BP! Whoa - pretty!
So glad that you liked what you got.

We would probably all recommend Taupe Delicate - if you like those kinda colors though.

It sounds like there is always a "next time" with Chanel. I'm hooked. I remember reading something posted in this forum (can't remember who wrote it), where someone said that she doesn't feel the need to buy a lot of makeup anymore because she saves up and buys just a few quality products each season. I like the sound of that because I like things simple. A well-curated collection.

And Shypo, I agree about Nars Douceur-- it looks so natural. I loved it for fall, but will continue to wear it in the spring.

singer82

oh good, I was wanting the Quint SO BAD, but couldnt because of the price. Thanks for amking me feel better bout missing it
th_kiss.gif

C darlin, I ordered the Chanel quint yesterday and will return it as soon as I have a minute to go to a store. Upon consideration and sight unseen, the colours in there will be quite dupeable, and yes, with the colours in Peacocky... Also read some reviews on MUA which gave this quint pretty low scores, and I do trust numbers a lot. There is a lot of Peacockyness and Pearliness going around, so most of the major companies are stepping on each other's tails to grab the consumer's attention... roughly put, they have all been grabbing ideas from each other.. lol.

everyone has their personal choices but again, I think if you were choosing anything from Peacocky, choose the lightest (i.e. Dalliance can even be used on face or lips), the brightest (Odalisque on your eyes would be beyond gorgeous) and Noir Plum which is gorgeous blackish and plummy.. For some others it could be the coppers, or the blues.. that is their personal choice. Lights, brights and darks are the standouts in the collex. The colours are lovely, and the texture is so easy to apply it is like the pleasure of diving into whipped cream.. lol... whether with your fingers, sponge or brush. It's all good.

Have fun choosing !

Bonitinha

Winthrop -- I went to the King of Prussia Mall when I visited my college roommate in Philadelphia. It was fabulous!! She is also the friend that became a total Chanel addict after I gave her a lipstick, glossimer, and polish. The mall by me is not quite so fab to say the least!

Cheryl -- enjoy Santa Clara!! My hubby and I used to live in San Jose and I taught in a high school in the Santa Clara school district. I have such fun memories of living there. If you have time, you should totally check out downtown Los Gatos -- the cutest shopping mecca ever!
heart.gif
And search out a place called Icing on The Cake for the most delicious gelato!! yum

Strix -- yep, there is always a next time with Chanel. I seriously have a little book with my Chanel wishlist!

Meg -- you crack me up with your talk of nudes and fruit -- ooh la la!!

karester

Quote: Originally Posted by Shypo
Thanks Winthrop!

Yes, the KoP Mall is the bomb! I used to visit there from time to time (one of my former clients is based in Philly/West Conshahoken) and it is truly a good thing I don't live near there either!!!!! EBF means East Bum......., it's just north of East Japeepee (a little New England humor).
rofl.gif
I used to also get to go to White Plains where they have all of the high-end stores in a very small area......that's where I used to see Chantecaille and some of the other elite brands. Ahhh, those were the days. My Nordies has Armani, so I guess I'm doing well
th_yawn.gif

Thanks for the color descriptions and the lead on Corinthian - I may end up ordering a couple of things from Neiman Marcus.....maybe next month ;). I did order JoJo, and Echo is in the FK that I ordered, so I'm looking forward to that. I have to go to Santa Clara in a couple of weeks, so I'm hoping to get out to one of the malls (I think it's in San Jose) to maybe check out some other colors if I can find the line.

Hope you get your package soon, mrslid - it can be frustrating waiting for that box!!!

Haha, I live like 5 miles away and yes, it's dangerous!! Although I've yet to venture into Nordstrom, as I'm slightly intimidated by that store. Completely irrational, but one store at a time, first Bloomies and Macy's...but maybe I don't with the amount of money I've spent in the past year! LOL!

Shypo

Hi Michele - I hope I have time to check out the places you mention! I was going to Santa Clara about once a month until this past June when I changed jobs. My company acquired a company that was based there, and I was part of that division. I'm not any more, and I really miss going out there! I love California, though I don't know if I could live there. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to going back. I love In and Out Burger
girlhaha.gif
. One of the times I went out there, I had dinner with a girl I had gone to high school with (we are both Army brats, and our dads were stationed at West Point at the same time) - we went to a great little Greek place in Sunnyvale. Another of those nice little shopping areas that seem to be so plentiful out there.
sigh.gif

Anyway, I digress. Hope everyone enjoys their Saturday - we're under another coating of snow so I'm having fun watching the birds attack the feeder. Mr. Squirrel and Mr. Bunny are out there too looking for anything they can find......

I'm off to get my hair cut/colored and then to pick up a couple of things from Peacocky (I ended up missing out on Mickey Contractor - I thought the launch was Thursday, but everything that I wanted was sold out by the time I checked early Tuesday morning). I HATE when they do that!! Oh well. No love lost. Looking forward to trying the new e/s texture!!

Winthrop44

^^ I love what you said about Riva Miss QQ...I could use a little calm and peace right now, maybe I'll try mine out too!

And I've been having a horrible time posting since last night - the board is so slow to access anything for me!

Bonitinha

Cheryl -- I'm with you, I wouldn't want to live in CA anymore. I mean, if we were millionaires, maybe! I miss the ocean and all of the fun things to do, but the cost of living in the Bay Area was just too expensive (and don't get me started on the traffic). But such a fun place to visit!!
Let us know what you get from MAC and enjoy your hair appt!

MissQQ -- I know, I've been checking my mailbox daily for the Chanel calender. Maybe next year . . . and I think they should send out those adorable keychains again!

Have a great weekend ladies and I hope you get some fun shopping in
bigheart.gif

Miss QQ

^^ :) What are you having for pedicure? Mine is bare at the moment.

winthrop, hope Riva works its magic on you!

Michelle, the keychains are very exquisite, I think they should do it again!

I just received an email from Chanel, saying the collection is available for a makeup class this weekend already! But it says the collection is out next Friday. Anyway, i will drop by the counter tomorrow to check if its out. And I want to buy a mac 15 e/s palette. I depotted my first mac e/s today! :D

bis

[quote name="Miss QQ" url="/forum/thread/170819/chanel-spring-2011/1050#post_2070854"]

I'm having problems with specktra too. It's so hard to post anything. Everything looks good on Liz! I think Coquette will look darker on me.  
I'm wearing Riva on my fingernails for the first time and I love it. The blue makes me feel calm and peaceful, and let all my worries go away - almost.
Quote: Originally Posted by elegant-one 

^^^Winthrop -  It looked so much more coral to me in person. Maybe it was the lighting? Everything looks gorgeous on HER lips!!!
heart.gif

I wonder too, if Nakkar made it a lil more pretty pinkish.

[/quote] I hope you are feeling better soon, starting a new year with stress is no fun. A friend of mine wanted to get me Riva, but she could not get it in the end and so I got weak and not at the same time ;) But I will get Taffetas Rose. Just saw swatches on Temptalia and on Café Makeup and I love it! So I will get something from the Cote d'Azur collection ;)  

Latest posts