Chanel Spring 2011

bis

MissQQ, I love the manicure, you have to stop selling Riva to me ;) mrslid, did your package arrive in the meantime? My bf got me something from the spring collection (he is such a sweetheat :love:) as I am totally swamped with work. The year better change soon, I had enough already :shock:

mrslid

MissQQ that looks so cool! I must get that OPI stuff!

Michelle that's great news!

Shadowy_Lady. How are your eyes? I saw on your blog about your laser eye surgery. Doesn't it bother you getting the euro versions of stuff in Canada? I don't care for them much which is another big reason I use my SA in the US or online shopping.

Bis. No package yet :( Thanks for thinking of me. Tracking said that it finally cleared customs this morning after sitting there for 3 days so hopefully tomorrow and if not I can't see it being later than Friday. Better not be since I leave for Mexico!! I can't believe it's taking so long :( They must have wanted to check out my goodies.

bis

[quote name="mrslid" url="/forum/thread/170819/chanel-spring-2011/1080#post_2072554"] MissQQ that looks so cool! I must get that OPI stuff!

Shadowy_Lady. How are your eyes? I saw on your blog about your laser eye surgery. Doesn't it bother you getting the euro versions of stuff in Canada? I don't care for them much which is another big reason I use my SA in the US or online shopping.

Bis. No package yet :( Thanks for thinking of me. Tracking said that it finally cleared customs this morning after sitting there for 3 days so hopefully tomorrow and if not I can't see it being later than Friday. Better not be since I leave for Mexico!! I can't believe it's taking so long :( They must have wanted to check out my goodies.
[/quote] Can you blame them ;)

Ingenue

My counter will get this collection tomorrow, and I have called to reserve the blush, quint and black pearl so I can pick them up this Saturday!

Here's Riva with OPI Shatter. They do look good together!

Oh, that is a FABULOUS combo! Must.resist...

Shadowy Lady

MissQQ - ur nails are awesome! I prob won't get Riva and grab the ChG dupe but I love the crackle affect too. Thanks for sharing :)
MissQQ that looks so cool! I must get that OPI stuff!

Mrslid - I don't have any Chanel quads so I don't even know the difference. Are the US ones much better? I really want either the quad or the quint so maybe I should order them from ur SA. Which one of the two do you recommend btw? Does it also end up being cheaper than paying the crazy price we pay here?

Oh, my eyes are great now, I'm done with my medicated drops today and have my first eye exam on Friday. I love not depending on my contacts :)

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks. I'm also getting the two items as well as the blush. The others can wait.

Saadeh, congrats on the successful eye procedure! This is so popular now, so I wonder if I'll do it one day. I wear glasses due to short-sightedness, about 300 degrees, and astigmatism.

My bf got me something from the spring collection (he is such a sweetheat
love.gif
) as I am totally swamped with work. The year better change soon, I had enough already
icon_eek.gif
What did he get you? That is a lovely surprise!

I have had enough of my work too, so I gave my notice and now I just have to serve it. Time to start on something new for me! :) I hope your work situation gets better.

;) I was caught by surprise how good they look together. I had Riva on, and when I was at the counter, they let me try Black Shatter so I put it on all my fingers, and the effect is so pretty.

bis

[quote name="Miss QQ" url="/forum/thread/170819/chanel-spring-2011/1080#post_2072955"]What did he get you? That is a lovely surprise!
I have had enough of my work too, so I gave my notice and now I just have to serve it. Time to start on something new for me! :) I hope your work situation gets better.

;) I was caught by surprise how good they look together. I had Riva on, and when I was at the counter, they let me try Black Shatter so I put it on all my fingers, and the effect is so pretty.

[/quote] Not sure yet, I am guessing only. Congrats on starting something new :) Too bad though that they let it come this far. Oh, I am sure it will change, but it's just a bad way to start after some time off. If not, I might follow your lead :) Did the collection already show up in Singapore? I am very curious to see if you like the blush. Chances are that if you will like it I will too :D

mrslid

YAY! I finally got my package. I LOVE everything! I've tried on all the lipsticks in my order sans makeup (so the true test) and they are all perfect! I got Peregrina, FLamboyante, Coquette and Confidentielle. I do wish Peregrina wasn't quite so sheer but it's lovely. I think I may just need to finally use some lip liner on occasion :-(
I haven't tried the quint, quad or blush yet but I will tomorrow! I was a little disappointed with how shimmery Espiegle looks but hopefully it won't look to crazy on.
Oh and no the surprise wasn't the calender. The surprise was she'd packaged everything up in a gorgeous Chanel box. I'll have to find something to put in it after. SHe also paid $33 to ship it to me out of her own pocket! And included the funniest get well card for my surgery. Have I mentioned how amazing she is?? LOL

UrbanEast

I'm still loving Espiegle, even though I thought it would be too orange when I first swatched it. I'm glad CafeMakeup convinced me to buy. Nakkar is another favorite.

Miss QQ

mrslid, enjoy your items! My baked Espiegle is shimmery, but I think I will like it because all my JCs are like this and I love them.

Did the collection already show up in Singapore? I am very curious to see if you like the blush. Chances are that if you will like it I will too
greengrin.gif
That's true. I will stay positive. One door closes, two more open. :) I'm pleased to hear your situation is just temporary like you said. Hope you love the items he bought!

This collection just launched today and I was planning to head to my usual counter tomorrow but I happened to pass by another counter today! I saw the collection and everything is beautiful!

I love the blush!
eyelove.gif
It's beyond gorgeous! I didn't try it on my face but I trust the reviews I read that it will not turn orange. The quint is beautiful as well! The pearlescent glow is unique, I can't wait to try it on. The quad and Nakkar were calling my name too.

The lipsticks weren't terribly exciting when I swatched them, but I'm sure it is another story when I try them on my lips. However, I may hold from buying them until I see the new Le Blanc collection for Asia, which has two RAs (pink and peach) too.

http://rougedeluxe.blogspot.com/2011/01/chanel-le-blanc.html

The highlighter didn't show up much, except for the shimmers.

I forgot to try the eyeliner and lipliners and I didn't try the nail polishes on my nails as I'm wearing Riva. But it has chipped so I'm removing them and will try the polishes at the counter tomorrow. I haven't buy anything. Tomorrow I will buy them!

Bonitinha

Mrslid -- Yay! So glad you got your box. And wow, that is amazing that she mailed it with money out of her own pocket! I don't think you will find Espeigle too shimmery. I don't like overly-shimmery blushes on me (they don't mix with my oily skin). But I really like the effect of Espeigle -- I hope you do as well. And let me know about the quad. I might be ordering that one in the future!

MisQQ -- good luck with a new job! Have you already found something or will you be looking? Hope it all goes well for you! I am so jealous that the Asia exclusives have two new Rouge Allure l/s -- they are my favorite Chanel formula!

stv578

For all us impatient Canadian ladies waiting for this collection, it should be available for purchase starting Monday!

mrslid

I'm wearing the quad and blush today and the lipsticks of course. I LOVE the quad. I can't believe I was thinking of holding off on it. I didn't expect to love it so much! I thought the peachy beige and the pink shade wouldn't show up on my fair skin but it's gorgeous! I'm wearing all four shades. The blush is gorgeous but I do wish it wasn't so shimmery. Still love it though.

MissQQ and Bis...sorry your work lives are causing you so much stress right now. I know things will turn around for you in 2011 though. Good luck!

Nora, Yay you finally get to check out the collection. You will love it. Have you tried Riva yet? We leave for Mexico Tuesday so Mon or Tuesday will be the day for me ;-)

Camnagem

I love how Espiegle looks with Peregrina on the lips. Yesterday I wore that combo with a wash of Melon pigment on the eye (I'm still trying to convince myself I don't need to get Tweet me from the Peacocky collection, lol) and Siahi fluidline and I LOVED the look!

Peachy eyes, cheeks and lips look so great with that pop of teal, I'm sure I'll be wearing this combo often!
rasta.gif

mrslid

I'll definately try this weekend! I wanted to take pics this morning before work but ran out of time ;-(

mrslid

These pics suck but if they can help someone than that makes me feel better LOL

I'm wearing the quint (all 5 shades LOL), Espiegle and Peregrina.

I'm not wowed by the quint yet. I am wowed by the quad though. The pics really don't represent the quint well either. It looks kinda flat in these pics. I used the sponge tip applicators as Chanel recommends and honestly I think it is the best way to use this formula. It is quite unique and when I did try to use a brush later in my crease it really didn't apply properly.

Miss QQ

Michelle, I have been looking for a few months now and I will continue to do so and stay positive. :) Yes, I'm so excited about the two new Asia exclusive RAs. Is there a chance they may be promoted internationally?

Thanks for the support, ladies.

For all us impatient Canadian ladies waiting for this collection, it should be available for purchase starting Monday!
Finally! You will love the collection!

So I came back with Black Pearl, the quint, blush and Flamboyante. I'm so glad I put Black Pearl, the quint and the blush on hold because they were sold out on the first day of launch, which was yesterday!

I wasn't intending to pick up Flamboyante. I wanted Emotive so i tried it on my lips, and then I decided to try Flamboyante too and Flamboyante is such a beautiful, face brightening colour that I couldn't say no. Emotive will have to wait, and Emoi was sold out so it stays on my list. I finally bought Taupe-Delicat too lol. I hope I will love it and get lots of use out of it. What a pricey duo!

Back to this collection, I tried all 3 nail polishes. Black Pearl is true to its name. Tomorrow I will take pics of my black pearl earrings and this polish. Peach Nacre is gorgeous and I may go back for it. It is what I want Tendresse (spring 2010) to be. I have Tendresse and I don't like it much. It is one of my least favourite nail polish. Pearl Drop has some yellow flash going on and doesn't look good on me. The grey eyeliner is a pass too. I may also go back for the quad and Jersey Rose and Peregrina but they are perm so I'm not in a hurry. Is the quad a must have?