Chanel Spring 2011

Shypo

Hi Michele! I have Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet also - haven't started reading it yet - The Secret Diaries of Charlotte Bronte sounds awesome - I'm a big fan of hers (and those of you who are Bronte fans should try to see the PBS series 'Wuthering Heights' with Tom Hardy as Heathcliffe - I LOVED it so much I'm going to order the DVD).

Back to topic - I still haven't used my new Chanel - I don't know what I'm waiting for....I dunno.....maybe spring? We have 2 feet of snow on the ground right now so I'm having a tough time getting into the 'swing of spring'. Maybe when I get back from California later in the week I'll be in the groove again. I am bringing Jersey Rose with me however :).

Bonitinha

Marajode -- it gets confusing with the LE stuff -- sometimes the Chanel website has them listed as LE when they're not. Not sure why?? I read on several blogs that Peregrina was perm.

Nora -- I bet you are anxious to get your stuff! I kinda wish I would have gotten the black pearl polish now!

Cheryl -- I hear you about the snow and cold. It is definitely hard to imagine Spring right now. I'm anxious to hear what you think about your new loot. I can't remember, did you end up getting the quad? I am really wanting it now. You would absolutely love the Secret Diaries of Charlotte Bronte (now I have to re-read Jane Eyre, since the book talks about it so much). I'll have to watch Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre on dvd, too. Let me know what you think about Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. Such a heart wrenching book, but a great read.

Well, I'm off to make a Brownie Chocolate Mousse Trifle (so naughty). Hope you all have a fabulous rest of your weekend :)

Shypo

^^Oh that sounds yummy!!!

Yes, I did get the quad - loved it swatched, haven't used it yet. I also got the quint and the blush, and 3 lippies (Flamboyant, Coquette and JR). No glossimers this time, but Marajode, you're making me want Nakkar. I already have the driving directions to the Valley Fair Mall in San Jose, so I'm sure I'll be coming back with something I didn't go out there with......
whistle.gif

th_remoteImage-61.gif

bis

This site is eating my post, no idea if this one makes it. Hope you girls are enjoying your new Chanel goodies. Thanks MissQQ for posting Black Pearl with your black pearl earrings :) Flamboyante is still on my list, but I hope I still have some time to get it. mrslid, enjoy your vacation in Mexico, are you wearing Riva already? Totally unrelated, but I got Mehr :love: and Gulabi :love:, this also was a great collection. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a great Monday :)

Shypo

I'm so excited - based on a recommendation post from Winthrop, I called the Las Vegas PRO store, and they still had Mehr, Gulabi, Marvel and Sur.....so I bought each with a backup of Mehr! I'm so excited to get them!!! I was able to get the Fluidlines, Oomph and Saffron on the MAC site the other day, so I'm happy about that too. I consciously didn't back up Sur - I have so many blushes that I won't be able to use them all in a lifetime........hope I don't regret that :).

Anyway, back to topic -

Hope everyone had a great weekend - Michele, I'll be stopping by on my way to California for a bite of that trifle.........

mjacqueline

I finally received Coquette, Espiegle and the quint. I love everything about them. The colours are amazing especially the quint.

pinkrose398

Does anyone have swatches of the Regard Perle palette but in the international formula? so far I can only find US formula swatches. I pre-ordered it here in Canada, but I'm scared its going to turn out chalky and not smooth at all =(

Bonitinha

Cheryl -- you are going to have so many fun new things to play with. You and Elegant and Bis are making me wish I hadn't skipped that MAC collection! And yes, please do come over for the trifle. We would have a grand time talking about makeup and books while eating chocolate
heart.gif
You have to fill me in on your Cali trip -- I am so missing the CA weather and ocean.

Mjacqueline -- enjoy your new goodies. I absolutely love Espiegle blush!

Pinkrose -- I have only seen the US version or Regard Perle. In the preliminary pics I saw -- they were all the round, baked version. But the actual swatches I've seen have been the US version. I hope it works out for you!

Miss QQ

Thanks, ladies. I love my earrings, they are a gift from my mum. I'm wearing them today, espiegle and chintz. I try to dupe the quad with Oasis (the coral shade) and Reflets D'ombre (ivory and teal). The coral is much darker and the ivory is more glittery. But I love the overall look, very springy and makes me happy. :)

marajode, yes, its confusing. And sometimes the SAs are confused too. Black pearl and Peregrina should be perm. As a rule, usually Spring and Fall collections colours are perm, except for special items like Rose Merveille and the quint.

Does anyone have swatches of the Regard Perle palette but in the international formula? so far I can only find US formula swatches. I pre-ordered it here in Canada, but I'm scared its going to turn out chalky and not smooth at all =(
I don't have swatches but I played with the round pans quad at my counter twice. All my quads are baked so I'm used to the grainy texture in some colours. The colours in this quad are pigmented.

There are some Chanel makeup, including RC Shine, being used in the Golden Globes, but I haven't look at all of them yet. Here's Michelle Williams wearing Espiegle and Chayls.

http://www.temptalia.com/michelle-williams-2011-golden-globe-awards-hair-makeup

Winthrop44

Quote: Originally Posted by Shypo

I consciously didn't back up Sur - I have so many blushes that I won't be able to use them all in a lifetime........hope I don't regret that :).

Well.........if you have the Chanel Soho blush/highlighter........I was taken back a bit to read on Cafemakeup yesterday that Sur is very similar to that....the thought never crossed my mind (partly because in my overwhelmed-ness I had forgotten all about the Soho blush!) but sure enough swatched on my arm this morning they do look quite similar. I really am trying to pare down my stash because I get overwhelmed and don't use anything when there are too many choices, so I'm not exactly thrilled about this! lol

stv578

Went to a Chanel counter on my lunch, and was denied! They had the testers in, but hadn't actually received any stock. Boo.

At any rate, I got to play. Ladies, Espiegle is absolutely stunning! No picture online can do it justice! Also really liked the peach polish, much better irl. So the SA will hold the quad, jc, jersey rose, peach nacree and wait for it... Flamboyante! Not sure if I'm going to get this though, I actually tried it on and it looked really nice, but damn!, it's a whole lot brighter than what I'm comfortable wearing! I may get Nakkar instead!

elegant-one

Went to a Chanel counter on my lunch, and was denied! They had the testers in, but hadn't actually received any stock. Boo.

At any rate, I got to play. Ladies, Espiegle is absolutely stunning! No picture online can do it justice! Also really liked the peach polish, much better irl. So the SA will hold the quad, jc, jersey rose, peach nacree and wait for it... Flamboyante! Not sure if I'm going to get this though, I actually tried it on and it looked really nice, but damn!, it's a whole lot brighter than what I'm comfortable wearing! I may get Nakkar instead!
Aww, thats too bad that they didn't have the stock. My one counter is the opposite - they get the stock but no testers! That doesn't help either.
I like Peach Nacree in person too. I almost bought it then opted for Orange Fizz. Well, you'll have a little bit more time to decide.

Michelle - I am really loving the MAC things I picked up lately, especially the Mickey Contractor items. They are everyday wearable pretty colors.

Bonitinha

Aww, thats too bad that they didn't have the stock. My one counter is the opposite - they get the stock but no testers! That doesn't help either. I like Peach Nacree in person too. I almost bought it then opted for Orange Fizz. Well, you'll have a little bit more time to decide.

Michelle - I am really loving the MAC things I picked up lately, especially the Mickey Contractor items. They are everyday wearable pretty colors.
Elegant -- you inspired me to call MAC to set an appt. with my favorite artist . . . she doesn't work there anymore (bummer). I will have to go by and see if they have anything left from that collection. I hope I am not too late!

Does anyone have Instinctive Rouge Allure l/s? It looks like a pretty nude peach from the perm line. I am wanting a few more RA's since I am in love with the finish of those lipsticks
heart.gif

stv578

Hi Elegant! Ya, it didn't really bug me too much, except for the fact that I've gotta make another trip later on this week and I've been so anxious to get my goodies!

I'm also enjoying my MAC goodies (from Peacocky), especially Dalliance e/s and Woo Me!

mjacqueline

Hey Miss QQ, mine says made in France so I guess its the baked version. I got this online from Nordstrom by the way. I've been using all three items I bought everyday now. Chanel does have a way of making you feel special.

bis

[quote name="stv578" url="/forum/thread/170819/chanel-spring-2011/1110#post_2074348"] Went to a Chanel counter on my lunch, and was denied! They had the testers in, but hadn't actually received any stock. Boo.

[/quote] I like that so many of you are liking Espiegle. So, are you getting Flamboyante? I am sure it will look great on you :sneaky:

Winthrop44

If you got your Espiegle from Nordstrom online it's probably the US formula...I'm assuming it actually shipped from here? Most say made in France either way. Check the ingredient list - the US formula will include mineral oil.

MissQQ, my quint is made in Japan as well.

Miss QQ

I agree, Espiegle is beyond gorgeous! Flamboyante is maybe too bright for office. Today I wore it in the office and got comments on it being too red lol! I don't normally wear red lips for work but I wasn't feeling too well today and looked pale, so I put it on. It's just no one wears red lips there so don't worry, Flamboyante is wearable and beautiful.

stv578

Cheryl, have fun in California!

Michelle, can you send some of that trifle up this way?!

Bis, Miss QQ, I still don't know if I'm going to get Flamboyante, I have to test it again and see if I can sheer it down a bit for daytime, but I personally wouldn't think it's too red for the office, lol! I keep staring at the pic Elegant took of it!!!

I'm really anxious for the peach polish! My nails are at a good length now and definitely need a manicure already!