Chanel Spring 2011

Shypo

I SO wish I had gotten Turbulent
crybaby.gif
!

Oh well, it isn't as if I don't have enough hot pink (or any other color for that matter) blushes.......over the holidays I also got The Balm Down Boy blush - haven't used it yet but I love the swatch!!

I know what you mean about the cost of living out there Michele - I watch HGTV sometimes and just marvel at the price of homes. I don't know how people do it. It's not cheap in CT, but where I live it's not too bad.

Birgit, Taffetas Rose is soooo pretty!! It's one of the first RCs I got!!

elegant-one

^^^Oh - I so want both of those blushes - bad
sigh.gif

Miss QQ _ I will do Riva on my tosies as well ;)

Birgit - Riva is so pretty & I don't have anything even close to that color. I just wish when they did the new Summer Mimosa yellow - that they would have done it in the same soft color value/tone as Riva. I think that would have been much prettier & more wearable for most.
Yes - here's hoping that 2011 is waaaay less stressful for everyone!

Taffetas Rose is pretty. I need to see it in person I think.

marajode

I went to Nordstroms yesterday to check the Peacocky collection and "happened" to stop by the Chanel counter. Since I had recently made my first Chanel purchase, I was kind of excited. I only got to the Spring display before the SA came up to me and to be honest was not the nicest person I've met.
However she was showing me the Cristal Rose long wear lippie.
Have any of you tried this on? And how do you all like the formula of the long wearing (Intensitie I think is the name)?

Btw, I'm also loving the Mally set. I had never tried that pore pore perfecting product. I like a lot. That blush set is very nice.

I have been wanting to learn to quilt for years. I think you're onto something about the color combos and liking to quilt.
That makes me think of yesterday when I was pulling into a parking lot. I saw this most gorgeous color car. I think it was some Lexus. I had never seen this color. It was a green that reflected silver and a sand color, and more. My first thought was how pretty of an eye shadow or nail polish it would be.

stv578

Still waiting for this collection... lol!

On a good note, my mom called today to let me know a package arrived at her place. Hoping it's my CP for Riva!!! Miss QQ, I'm hoping it'll have the same effect on me as well!

Hope everyone's had a good weekend so far. I wasn't feeling too great today, ended up falling asleep for a couple hours this afternoon while my kids played away in my room. My head still feels like it's going to explode, but feel a bit more rested at least! Let's just say the first week of 2011 hasn't been the greatest, but the week's over, and there's 51 weeks left!

strix

It's funny everybody's talking about Riva because I was just browsing some beauty blogs today and had convinced myself that I "needed" it. I spent all of my life on the New England coast and moved to Colorado not too long ago....need some calm, seaside colors to remind me of home. $27 is pretty steep for a nail polish....but it is such a lovely color.

Elegant, I agree that a pale yellow would have been much more wearable than Mimosa.

Camnagem

Aww...all of this California talk makes me really miss home.
cry.gif

I was a Cali native until we moved here a few years ago. I grew up in San Fran/Napa and we moved to South Orange County/Newport Beach area when I was 7. The hubby and I lived about 10 minutes away from the beach and we really miss home from time to time. I do love the snow and change of seasons here in Colorado, but he's originally from Michigan (moved to Cali when he was 14) so he's used to the snow.

Ok, so Chanel related! I'm obsessed with Peregrina lately! I've been wearing it every day with different glosses or alone and I'm so pleased with it. Sometimes peach shades turn a gross orange color on me, but this one stays a true peachy shade that's so flattering! My favorite combo so far is with MAC's Flurry of Fun l/g from To The Beach...LOVE that look!

Hope you're all doing well and enjoying the weekend. We're busy with tons of different football parties/game watching get-togethers for the playoffs this weekend and next...fun times!

bis

Thanks Cheryl, I am really set on getting Taffetas Rose and that you like it makes it a lot easier to get it ;) Elegant-one, there I was skipping Riva and you put it back on my list ;) I agree with your on Mimosa, it would be easier to wear and I am sure would have a better texture. Yellows tend to be sucky. Marajode, sorry, never tried any longwear lippie, applying is part of the fun for me ;) stv578, I am waiting with you. What's on your list so far? Let me know how you like Riva, maybe I need to look for one on Ebay. And I really hope your 51 remaining weeks will be a lot better. strix, hope you will like Riva and get the nice seaside feeling. Meg, how can you move away from the sea and the beach? I would never leave once I make it there ;) Enjoy your new eyeshadows next week and I hope your team won ;) I have no idea when I will be able to see the Chanel Spring collection, dates range from already out to February. (Sorry for the long post, but I cannot quote anything atm)

stv578

Thanks Bis!

I am definitely getting the quad, Espiegle blush and Jersey Rose l/s. I may end up getting Peregrina as well, I've been going back and forth with that one. I don't normally pull off peachy shades that well, and I have Chintz, which is fairly peachy, which I like, so I'm probably going to pass! I really want Black Pearl n/p too, but never seem to have the time to do my nails, so not sure if I will splurge on that one!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'd really love to get me some Riva, but unfortunately they won't ship to Canada...
ssad.gif
I've noticed it popping up on EvilBay, so I might have to go that route. At least the prices being asked aren't too outrageous, unlike those for the Khakis, which are also on my want list...

mrslid

I love all this talk of Riva since I will finally be applying it in a week for my vacation. I'm saving it until then! Of course maybe that's a bad idea to save it until the last minute in case it looks horrible on me LOL. I'm receiving Pulsion in a swap too which would be fun for my trip but I'm sure it probably won't arrive in time. Hopefully my Chanel Spring box is waiting for me tonight!!

Michelle has your calendar arrived? I know you take longer to get stuff than a lot of others so there's still hope ;-)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I'm so happy, I have Black and Pearl Drop, yay!
pompom.gif
I called my nearest counter a few days ago and put both n/p and Aragonite Glossimer on hold, they said they wouldn't get the collection until February. But I got a call today that they already have it. I wasn't able to go there today, but my mom was so nice to go and pick them up for me. I decided not to get Aragonite, maybe I wil later. I think I want another lip gelée from Cham Pale instead. I really like both n/p, but I like Pearl Drop better.I love trhis golden sheen on the nails, it looks gorgeous, I like wearing it with only one coat, when it's still a bit sheer and just gives this glow.

Bonitinha

Christa -- I hope you have a fabulous vacation -- and I'm sure Riva will look gorgeous on you! No, still no calendar. I was going through the amount of stuff I have ordered from Chanel.com -- surely that should qualify me for a calendar?!? LOL Can't wait to hear when you get your shipment!
I'm wearing Jersey Rose today
love.gif

Naynadine -- so glad you are loving your polishes! They both looked gorgeous. Maybe when summer hits and I start painting my toes I will get more into the polishes :)

mrslid

Christa -- I hope you have a fabulous vacation -- and I'm sure Riva will look gorgeous on you! No, still no calendar. I was going through the amount of stuff I have ordered from Chanel.com -- surely that should qualify me for a calendar?!? LOL Can't wait to hear when you get your shipment!
I'm wearing Jersey Rose today
love.gif

Naynadine -- so glad you are loving your polishes! They both looked gorgeous. Maybe when summer hits and I start painting my toes I will get more into the polishes :)
Shhhhhh!!!! Jersey Rose is like the "only" thing I didn't order...OK slight exagerration but almost. Thank goodness my friend ordered it with my stuff so I can try it. I did order the other 3 lipsticks though! I'm so excited to try them. I just saw on one blog yesterday though about Peregrina having a lot of gold shimmer/glitter in it that ends up everywhere which is the first mention I've heard of this. Kind of concerns me since this is why I swapped away Patchouli.

Naynadine I'm really happy you got your polishes already. That's so exciting when you can get something early like that. I had to resist and not order the nps since I wanted way to many of the cosmetics. Plus I wasn't very happy with Paradoxyl which is the only other Chanel np I've tried so far so I used that as will power to resist!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Shhhhhh!!!! Jersey Rose is like the "only" thing I didn't order...OK slight exagerration but almost. Thank goodness my friend ordered it with my stuff so I can try it. I did order the other 3 lipsticks though! I'm so excited to try them. I just saw on one blog yesterday though about Peregrina having a lot of gold shimmer/glitter in it that ends up everywhere which is the first mention I've heard of this. Kind of concerns me since this is why I swapped away Patchouli.
Naynadine I'm really happy you got your polishes already. That's so exciting when you can get something early like that. I had to resist and not order the nps since I wanted way to many of the cosmetics. Plus I wasn't very happy with Paradoxyl which is the only other Chanel np I've tried so far so I used that as will power to resist!
That's how I resist the blushes and eyeshadows. I have one blush and one eyeshadow from Chanel, and don't like them very much to be honest. The pigmentation especially of the blush is not very good in my opinion. I definitely prefer MAC in e/s and blushes.

mrslid

Ahh see I'm in Canada which has the euro versions of the products like you have there but I get all my stuff from the US because I prefer the US formula and also their prices! LOL

I LOVE 98% of all the US Chanel eyeshadows and blushes I've had and tried.

bis

[quote name="Naynadine" url="/forum/thread/170819/chanel-spring-2011/1050#post_2071775"] I'm so happy, I have Black and Pearl Drop, yay!
pompom.gif
I called my nearest counter a few days ago and put both n/p and Aragonite Glossimer on hold, they said they wouldn't get the collection until February. But I got a call today that they already have it. I wasn't able to go there today, but my mom was so nice to go and pick them up for me. I decided not to get Aragonite, maybe I wil later. I think I want another lip gelée from Cham Pale instead. I really like both n/p, but I like Pearl Drop better.I love trhis golden sheen on the nails, it looks gorgeous, I like wearing it with only one coat, when it's still a bit sheer and just gives this glow.
[/quote] Great you finally got your goodies, I am looking forward to Pearl Drop as well. mrslid, hope you have a great vacation and Riva will be smashing on you, I am sure :) Did your package show up?

mrslid

Nope not yet :-( I really thought it would have by now. I hope it isn't being teared apart in customs right now. Tracking info seems to stop once it leaves the US.

Miss QQ

My counter will get this collection tomorrow, and I have called to reserve the blush, quint and black pearl so I can pick them up this Saturday!

Here's Riva with OPI Shatter. They do look good together!

Bonitinha

MissQQ -- so happy for you that you will get your goodies this weekend! Love your manicure!

For anyone that wants to order from Chanel.com -- a free shipping code just for today:
I went through my credit card statements and they did refund my $ for the few returns I've done. Phew!

20110112_text_weather_OFFER.gif

Shadowy Lady

Mrslid - thank you for the pm, I shall use ur SA for the future Chanel collections. I alreday have items on hold for me for this one though.

Arghhh i wish Canada will hurry and get the spring collection already. It irks me that we get the stuff so late! I want my quad, n/p and Coquette l/s already!