Chanel Spring 2013 makeup collection

Winthrop44

^^ Yep, wondering how Frivole compares to MAC Modern Mandarin as well.

MaryJane, Any idea how the light peach lipstick compares to La Distinguee color-wise (I know La Distinguee is a velvet so the finish is different).

CartoonChic

I overheard one of the SAs telling someone it is an LE.
I'm also a little confused about what's LE or not. I've just been going by how things are listed on the color chart. The quad is not marked as LE.

http://jaydeddreaming.com/2012/12/chanel-spring-2013-makeup-collection.html

Here are the LE items according to the chart.

• Poudre Signee highlighter
  • Or Rose and Santal eyeliners
  • Fantasque and Precieuse RAs
  • Attirance gloss
  • Fracas polish

shontay07108

:devil:   Lol, you're not going to be any help in me resisting the blush, are you? I hope you feel better soon. :bouquet: All of you other ladies aren't helping to me resist either based on your descriptions. I have NARS Liberte blush and I'm wondering if it's similar to Frivole?
Thanks, friend. I do feel a bit better. Nars Liberte has more red in it than Frivole. It's more matte whereas Frivole has a satin finish. I made it to the mall and got Frivole and the highlighter. Tried to tell myself I didn't need the highlighter, but I swatched it again and it was no use. It's too stunning and I'm just thinking of using it over my beloved Chanel liquid highlighter in Sunkissed for an extra glow. I kept it to just those two items right now while I think about the rest. I swatched the quad. It's very pretty. Not essential for me, but it's pretty for someone who doesn't have those shades or just love those shades so much. I only buy Chanel quads that make me go :drool:. La Favorite is so pretty that I think I'll have to have it anyway. Definitely different from Flamboyante. More pink. Also, swatching the glosses I'm now more into the coppery shade than the plum shade. I keep telling myself it probably won't do much on my lips and that I have similar Chanel and Mac glosses, so we'll see. The plum rouge allure still seems to light/sheer to me. I just don't see it giving me any oomph. So all in all, La Favorite is probably the next and last thing I get because I don't have anything like it and I'll probably regret not getting it later. Picture time: Frivole
Highlighter and the packaging for it:

CartoonChic

eyelove.gif
I can't wait until my highlighter is delivered. How does it compare to NARS Albatross? That's it. I'm getting the blush. Now that I'm going down that road, what are other good blushes to get? I'm looking at Malice and Plum Attraction.

I don't have a lot of eye shadow, so I fit into your description. What are other drool worthy quads? I have the holiday Harmonie du Soir quad, Lilium and now Raffinement. Prelude is next on my list.

Winthrop44

Also, swatching the glosses I'm now more into the coppery shade than the plum shade.
I think I may be too. I found that irl Merveille is darker and more the "lilac rosewood" that Chanel describes it as on the color story chart than it looks on my monitor in BTiB's swatches. I wish it really looked like BTiB's swatch looks on my monitor.

Hope you feel all better soon Shontay.

shontay07108

:eyelove:   I can't wait until my highlighter is delivered. How does it compare to NARS Albatross? That's it. I'm getting the blush. Now that I'm going down that road, what are other good blushes to get? I'm looking at Malice and Plum Attraction. I don't have a lot of eye shadow, so I fit into your description. What are other drool worthy quads? I have the holiday Harmonie du Soir quad, Lilium and now Raffinement. Prelude is next on my list.
I don't own Albatross. I had it way back in the day, but then returned it. From what I can remember, Albatross is a bit more white gold, but this one is more yellow gold. Not too yellow, just more yellow than Albatross. I think Albatross can go very wrong on dark skin if you're not careful, but you don't really run that risk with this one. You absolutely need Malice. I also love Imprevu and In Love (I'm not sure if that one is still available or not). I own Harmonie, Lilium, Prelude and Lagons. Lagons is a quad of blues. Very beautiful. I don't wear blue very often, but when I do, I use that one. Also, I have one shadow duo that I love: Khaki-Discret. Those are two gorgeous shades of green: one light, one dark. Dominique33, apricot is a good way to describe this blush. It's deeper and more orange than Nars Gina which I would describe as peach.

Caise

oh I think I will pass this time because this highlighter seems to be too yellow for me but of course the new collection hasn't been released here yet so I really can't decide:(

mac_aiken

Albatross is a bit more white in color and, for me, way more frosty
eyelove.gif
I can't wait until my highlighter is delivered. How does it compare to NARS Albatross? That's it. I'm getting the blush. Now that I'm going down that road, what are other good blushes to get? I'm looking at Malice and Plum Attraction.

I don't have a lot of eye shadow, so I fit into your description. What are other drool worthy quads? I have the holiday Harmonie du Soir quad, Lilium and now Raffinement. Prelude is next on my list.

Dominique33

Dominique33, apricot is a good way to describe this blush. It's deeper and more orange than Nars Gina which I would describe as peach.
Thank you, I don't own Nars Gina but if Frivole is apricot-like, well I'll skip ( maybe because the JC are so good that I'll have to see in person and try it on my cheeks )
You're very lucky here in France we'll have this collection around february I guess but as it's Christmas Time well I'll be waiting !

sweetscent

Got the highlighting powder, and 4 lipstick from the collection. after buying not sure about the 2 lipsticks. Also i got tongs of highlighters so ondering if i'll ever use the "Signee" though :p

MaryJane

I have La Distinguee and it much more intense and vibrant than the Spring color. Distinguee is more of a coral color on me while the other is a lighter nude-peach. Keep in mind, I have little to no pigmentation in my lips, the colors might read differently if you have more color in your lips.

sweetscent

Got the velvet #43 as thinking it would be nice melon-sh orange colour but after bringing home to found out that it got got pink'sh undertone in day light which i wasn't looking for.

shadowaddict

Albatross is a bit more white in color and, for me, way more frosty
Oh yes, Albatross is extremely frosty. I think I gave mine to one of my daughter's friends a few years ago. I let a sales lady talk me into it quite a long time ago. I would spend so much time buffing it only to go outside and look like I played in glitter and tried to wipe it away before my mommy saw me:)

sungelly87

Man yall are making me wanting the highlighter which I said I didn't need... oh but it's Chanel and just seem so wearable...darn albatross (which I'm wearing today) is more yellow white with gold sparkles. The Chanel one has more pink in the powder but the same kind of gold shimmer but much finer