Chanel Spring 2013 makeup collection

Karen_B

I managed to snag the highlighter powder last week, and I really like it. It's very subtle, but gives a lovely glow. Not metallic like many of the MAC MSF's, just a great sheen. Also works well as an overall wash on the eyelids.

I'm debating whether to pick up the quad. It's the type of colour theme I really love, and the quality seems brilliant, but it seems so shimmery. Also there's the fact that I have about 5 million eyeshadows already... Is the quad worth it?

The RAV in La Favorite is a gorgeous colour, but I just purchased Rouge In Love by Lancome, in 146B. It is also a bright pink coral on me so I think I'll pass on the RAV.

Miss QQ

It looks pretty nice on me but I'll need to try L'Exuberante by itself again to see if I really see that much of a difference on my lips. I can't really wear fuchsias in general but I feel like L'Exuberante is a relatively wearable one. Have you tried it on before? Here are some swatches on my arm. From left to right:

L'Exuberante alone - L'Eclatante alone - 1 swipe of L'Eclatante topped with 1 swipe L'Exuberante - 1 swipe L'Eclatante with L'Exuberante lightly patted over

Thanks for the swatches! If Exuberante covers Eclatante, then I wouldn't need Eclatante. I can wear fuchsias but I want a bright pink that isn't a fuchsia.

Bonitinha

I managed to snag the highlighter powder last week, and I really like it. It's very subtle, but gives a lovely glow. Not metallic like many of the MAC MSF's, just a great sheen. Also works well as an overall wash on the eyelids.

I'm debating whether to pick up the quad. It's the type of colour theme I really love, and the quality seems brilliant, but it seems so shimmery. Also there's the fact that I have about 5 million eyeshadows already... Is the quad worth it?

The RAV in La Favorite is a gorgeous colour, but I just purchased Rouge In Love by Lancome, in 146B. It is also a bright pink coral on me so I think I'll pass on the RAV.
I love the highlighter, too. I got Raffinement and I really love it. I have at least 4 neutral Chanel quads, plus both UD Naked quads, not to mention bins full of MAC neutral e/s. So, I was in the same spot -- do I really need yet another neutral quad?? ;) The answer is Yes! lol You will love it -- and it doesn't look too shimmery on.

Bonitinha

I got my order today. L'Eclante is the most beautiful bright pink I've ever bought. It's a sophisticated bright pink, and looks gorgeous with a light blush and a neutral or gold eye. I really might back this one up! I've only been able to swatch the highlighter on my hand, but it is so, so beautiful! I'm very tempted to build a Chanel collection now, even if it's one piece at a time. The loose powder is on its way to me now.
It all starts with that first order :) I got into Chanel a few years ago and can't even believe how much I've grown my collection. It has been fun and I love the cosmetics!

katred

Specktra Bestie
It all starts with that first order :) I got into Chanel a few years ago and can't even believe how much I've grown my collection. It has been fun and I love the cosmetics!
Indeed. I started by saying that I just wanted to try out Dragon after seeing so many raves about it. Now I have more Chanel than any other brand except Mac (which I've been collecting much longer).

Bonitinha

^^I was the same Katred. I just wanted to try out a couple of pieces of Chanel to see if I would like it. I had no idea a dangerous addiction would form!

elegant-one

girlhaha.gif

RaymondKurzweil

I agree, it's an excellent swatch of Frivole
heart.gif
It's on my wishlist too, it's a perfect spring/summer blush, at least in my book. Love it!
LoveStoned, did you get it? pics, how do you like it? Happy to say Frivole is my go-to blush for spring and welcoming summer. I wear it pretty much every day and the texture is still divine. Now, I'm thinking Bareness from the MAC In Extra Dimension collection could work as an added addition over it, not that the blush needs it. I would go so far as to say Frivole is a HG for me. Chanel convert because of it.

gracie90

I somehow managed to pass on the highlighter when it came out a few months ago, but today I just remembered how much I had loved it, so I phoned up one of my local Chanel counters and they still had a few left! The lady has set one aside for me to pick up tomorrow and I'm so excited! It was painful to walk away from it originally, I must have swatched it every time I passed a display
love.gif

Monsy

I also passed on the highlighter and i did regret that. But somehow I found some still left on the chanel counter and got it two days ago!

also I bought quad which is MUCH more beautiful in real. Pics don't do justice at all

Monsy

I am loving Raffinement, such a wearable easy to use 5min kind of quad
much better in real than in photos

Latest posts