Chanel Spring 2013 makeup collection

CartoonChic

I'm cuckoo for Coco polishes. Can't get enough of them. Some of the colors do have issues, but I think that's with any brand. There are plenty of lesser expensive dupes, though.

elegant-one

I'm cuckoo for Coco polishes.
lol.gif
Silly girl!!!! funny.

I did my nails tonight in Pirate for Valentines Day!
bigheart.gif
The texture of it is really really nice.

CartoonChic

lol.gif
Silly girl!!!! funny.

I did my nails tonight in Pirate for Valentines Day!
bigheart.gif
The texture of it is really really nice.
I still need to get more Chanel reds. I have very few red polishes in general. This is the perfect time to get them, I think, because of Valentine's Day. I want to get Dragon, Pirate and Lotus Rouge.

khhmakeup

You're welcome ladies

Here are some close-ups

http://mostlysunnyblog.com/2013/01/...ction-sneak-peek-swatches-quick-observations/

SOURCE : MOSTLYSUNNY
I felt loved Thursday night this week, first, a call from Holt Renfrew on Bloor in Toronto to let me know they got the Hong Kong collection in and the perfue 1932 and would like to know if I wanted to order one to be shipped to me.... then, my husband lets me know my local Chanel counter called they got these new collections in. Well, I went and picked up the e/s quad Séduction and the Black stylo. The quad is gorgeous and very pigmented/soft... It feels buttery like the holiday collection, even though it's the baked formula. But ladies I have a question.... the black stylo eyeliner is TOO waterproof I tried various makeup removers and wipes, lotions, and facewashes.... it still will not wash off properly!!! Any suggestions?? Fascination was gorgeous but I didn't find it swatched well and although I have brown eyes, blue eyeshadow scares me a little. I am considering going back to pick up the plum le volume mascara and plum/taupe stylo. Has anyone used the mascara, is it any good? Worth the price?

cheburaha

I felt loved Thursday night this week, first, a call from Holt Renfrew on Bloor in Toronto to let me know they got the Hong Kong collection in and the perfue 1932 and would like to know if I wanted to order one to be shipped to me.... then, my husband lets me know my local Chanel counter called they got these new collections in. Well, I went and picked up the e/s quad Séduction and the Black stylo. The quad is gorgeous and very pigmented/soft... It feels buttery like the holiday collection, even though it's the baked formula. But ladies I have a question.... the black stylo eyeliner is TOO waterproof I tried various makeup removers and wipes, lotions, and facewashes.... it still will not wash off properly!!! Any suggestions?? Fascination was gorgeous but I didn't find it swatched well and although I have brown eyes, blue eyeshadow scares me a little. I am considering going back to pick up the plum le volume mascara and plum/taupe stylo. Has anyone used the mascara, is it any good? Worth the price?
Yes, the Volume is a wonderful mascara if you are for a thick curled lashes. I has a sample in black (10 Noir) and liked it a lot, so I purchased the blue one once it has been released recently. The brush is different from other Chanel mascaras as it is natural not synthetic, but it works wonders! You'll get effect faux cils lashes which I could never get with other mascaras. And I only applied one layer!

CartoonChic

I received a small package in the mail from Chanel. It's a mini sample tube of Rouge Coco Mademoiselle and a card that says "With love from Chanel.com." Has anyone else received this or something else? I figure it's for Valentine's Day. I'm hoping this means I'm in their system now for gifts. If I am, I have no clue what I did to get there.

Prettypackages

I still need to get more Chanel reds. I have very few red polishes in general. This is the perfect time to get them, I think, because of Valentine's Day. I want to get Dragon, Pirate and Lotus Rouge.
is there a dupe of the hot pink color from this collex? I can't get addicted to chanel polish right now... lol

CartoonChic

is there a dupe of the hot pink color from this collex? I can't get addicted to chanel polish right now... lol
Lol. I don't know of any specific dupes, but I'm pretty sure there's something similar from China Glaze and Essie, probably even OPI. I'll check my stash tomorrow.

bis

Yes, the Volume is a wonderful mascara if you are for a thick curled lashes. I has a sample in black (10 Noir) and liked it a lot, so I purchased the blue one once it has been released recently. The brush is different from other Chanel mascaras as it is natural not synthetic, but it works wonders! You'll get effect faux cils lashes which I could never get with other mascaras. And I only applied one layer!
That sounds great, cannot wait for it to launch here. Did you every try Lancomes Hypnose mascara and can compare the two? TIA :)

hollyld

I received the same little gift from Chanel and also received the small bottles of the fragrances at Christmas time so I would say that you're in the system to receive the little gifts going forward!

elegant-one

I received a small package in the mail from Chanel. It's a mini sample tube of Rouge Coco Mademoiselle and a card that says "With love from Chanel.com." Has anyone else received this or something else? I figure it's for Valentine's Day. I'm hoping this means I'm in their system now for gifts. If I am, I have no clue what I did to get there.
I did too
girlhaha.gif
I thought it was that white flower 'thingy' & was so excited to open it & then poof all the excitement dwindled when I saw what it was
lol.gif
My first thought before I opened it was, that box is waay too small to have the snowglobe inside
blah.gif
sigh.gif

cheburaha

Did you every try Lancomes Hypnose mascara and can compare the two? TIA
smiles.gif
Hi Bis, I cannot compare as I had a bad experience in the past with Lancome mascaras (we are just not a good match) so I did not try Hypnose (maybe I did when it was first released but it must be it did not impress me enough to remember-)
Anyway, I would suggest to get a sample of Le Volume first before buying a full size - although I only saw good reviews, mascara is an individual thing.

Bonitinha

I did too
girlhaha.gif
I thought it was that white flower 'thingy' & was so excited to open it & then poof all the excitement dwindled when I saw what it was
lol.gif
My first thought before I opened it was, that box is waay too small to have the snowglobe inside
blah.gif
sigh.gif
I can just see all of your hope and dreams come crashing down! I didn't get the flower thing or the mini lipstick. Hmmmph!! ;)

Winthrop44

I didn't get the lipstick. I think it's all very random with the gifts.

Bis, fwiw I love the new volume mascara more than any other I've tried, including any of the Lancome ones (which I like).

xelamazing

That's what I should have done! lol I swipe it so gently I don't want to ruin the design.
If you ladies haven't bought Fracas you should soo get it! I received so many compliments wearing it.

That is such a beautiful color...
eyelove.gif
It's a shame Chanel has hiked up their nail polish prices so much. I remember back during the whole Black Satin craze, the polish was only $18. Anyone know a possible cheaper dupe for this?
001_unsure.gif

Bonitinha

^^LOL, I would have been the same if I thought I was getting a snowglobe . . . and then a mini lipstick shows up ;) At least they could have given you a mini of one of the new shades! Chanel, throw us a bone!!

elegant-one

^^LOL, I would have been the same if I thought I was getting a snowglobe . . . and then a mini lipstick shows up ;) At least they could have given you a mini of one of the new shades! Chanel, throw us a bone!!
I know, right! Like send me something I don't already have. Crazy how tiny the white box was. I'm surprised my delivery guy didn't just lose it.
girlhaha.gif