Chanel Spring 2013 makeup collection

elegant-one

Oui, c'est bon.
What does that mean
amuse.gif

elegant-one

Yes, it's good -- meaning you spelled Fantasque correctly. Hope you like it!
girlhaha.gif
th_kiss.gif
Hope I do too. I'm hoping that they get the orders out faster than usual because of the holidays.

Do you have & like Seduisante 91? I was hunting through all of my click chanel ls looking for the perfect soft rose pink to buy my sister. I kinda thought this color might be perfect. She doesn't hardly ever wear lipstick & to her Target is kinda high end.
sigh.gif
So I thought a Chanel ls would be such a treat.

Winthrop44

I do have Seduisante. On my mauvey lips it looks alot like Secrete, but in swatches Secrete has more blue in it. They're both really pretty and I'm sure she would love either one!

elegant-one

Secrete was the other one I was thinking of too. I ended up just ordering her Seduisante ( <---I wonder what that means). Her lips are much paler than mine.

MaryJane

I wore the quad, blush, and Precieuse lipstick. As many people have commented, the quad looks very boring in the palette. It looks amazing on. I only used 2 of the colors and it really made my eyes pop. Chanel makes alot of quads (this Spring one, Rives) that look 'boring/plain/neutral' in the case but when you put them on they are soo pretty and flattering. There are alot of eye products out there that really wow you at first glance but when you put them on, all you see is the eyeshadow not your eyes. I think Chanel shadows are the opposite, usually no 'wow' factor when you look at them but when applied they are perfect.

I paired the Precieuse l/s with Natural liner and it made a great nude lip. So glad I got the lipstick.

The blush is a very pretty apricot/peach on. It's much sheerer (not orange) than it appears in the case. The only downside to this is that it may have a little too much red in it which can bring out the redness in your skin..especially this time of year. I'm undecided if it pulls red as I've only had it on a few hours....I'll need to test drive this some more.

Bonitinha

Secrete was the other one I was thinking of too. I ended up just ordering her Seduisante ( <---I wonder what that means). Her lips are much paler than mine.
Seduisante is one of my faves :) She will probably love it if she has pale lips like me!

elegant-one

Seduisante is one of my faves :) She will probably love it if she has pale lips like me!
Every lipstick probably looks beautiful on you. Ack, I wish I had paler lips. I'm happy you posted that. Makes me feel like I did indeed choose the best color. Its so hard when you're really not sure what someone else will like on themselves. And thanks to the ever knowledgeable miss Winthrop...I cannot wait to tell her what it means
girlhaha.gif

hugs!!!

Haven

Yesterday I picked up the highlighter, Frivole, Attirance, and both nude ls. Now I am fighting the urge to go back to Nordstrom and buy more. Very bad!!

The blush is a very nice corally apricot type color when applied. Not bright orange at all!

elegant-one

Yesterday I picked up the highlighter, Frivole, Attirance, and both nude ls. Now I am fighting the urge to go back to Nordstrom and buy more. Very bad!!

The blush is a very nice corally apricot type color when applied. Not bright orange at all!
pompom.gif

I want to know what you think of the highlighter cause.......I'm going to cave any time now
sigh.gif

Haven

pompom.gif

I want to know what you think of the highlighter cause.......I'm going to cave any time now
sigh.gif
I am planning on trying it tomorrow. I was in a rush this morning and didn't get a chance to experiment with it. I wanted to have a little extra time to play around with it - just in case I turned into a sparkly mess in need of massive buffing.

The JC does require some buffing on my pale skin, but I am very happy with the outcome. Plus it stuck around all day.

Now I just need to resist the rest of the lipsticks and the quad. (Like that could really ever happen.)

elegant-one

Lovely lovely pics of the collection:

http://www.weekendramblings.com/2012/12/printemps-precieux-de-chanel-spring-2013-makeup-swatches.html

elegant-one

I am planning on trying it tomorrow. I was in a rush this morning and didn't get a chance to experiment with it. I wanted to have a little extra time to play around with it - just in case I turned into a sparkly mess in need of massive buffing.

The JC does require some buffing on my pale skin, but I am very happy with the outcome. Plus it stuck around all day.

Now I just need to resist the rest of the lipsticks and the quad. (Like that could really ever happen.)
Ok, thanks doll. Yeah, I cannot resist....ever. I'm really glad to hear that you like the blush. I was worried about it after I ordered it.

And now, after see the pics in the link I just posted above, I will have to get Rubellite lip pencil

sungelly87

Omg I just bought the highlighter, attriance lip gloss, and precieuse lipstick. I got two lipliners not from the collection. I'm thinking of going back for merveille and the other nude fantasque...help!

Stopped by SAKS today for a quick look at the new Spring line, was so sure I was getting the Spring Quad (Raffinement ) because it had been described as "Plummy Browns'. On my skin tone however it looked like MUD and didn't do a thing for MY brown eyes. Captivante l/s however looked amazing with the new Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in Attriance over it, and the Frivole JC also made the cut (totally surprised me, was not interested at ALL, until the SA insisted I try it, she was right!).