Chanel Spring 2013 makeup collection

Dominique33

^^ Yeah, it's getting high. As if they weren't high already. I have been on a nail polish binge lately - ordered several Zoya and OPI polishes from MBeautyLounge....not on the same level as Chanel, but they might have to do ;).
You said " not on the same level as Chanel " , oh no Zoya and OPI are very very good, if not better ! Only the Chanel packaging is more classy but the Chanel formula is not so high end. It's good but far from perfect. Some girls/women/NPAs say Chanel is of poor quality ( chipping etc.. ), most NPAs have few Chanel polishes in fact and some NPAs have 300 or even 500 nail polishes. I do love Chanel but I prefer Essie, OPI, Zoya, Deborah Lippmann or Orly. If I could rate Chanel polishes I would say B+, if I could rate Essie or OPI I would say A-, A or A+ never B !

Shypo

Oh, thanks for that input! I've not used Zoya yet, but have always had success with OPI. I think sometimes Chanel's colors are unique, but I don't have any issues with their formulation (except for Steel), and I chalked that up to not having used a basecoat. I really appreciate your insight and stand corrected ;).

BuickMackane

You said " not on the same level as Chanel " , oh no Zoya and OPI are very very good, if not better ! Only the Chanel packaging is more classy but the Chanel formula is not so high end. It's good but far from perfect. Some girls/women/NPAs say Chanel is of poor quality ( chipping etc.. ), most NPAs have few Chanel polishes in fact and some NPAs have 300 or even 500 nail polishes. I do love Chanel but I prefer Essie, OPI, Zoya, Deborah Lippmann or Orly. If I could rate Chanel polishes I would say B+, if I could rate Essie or OPI I would say A-, A or A+ never B !
Couldn't agree more. One of the best Chanels I have is Paradoxal. I also have Dusky Mauve, the Barry M dupe. Guess which one I like better.

elegant-one

Just checked out the new 2013 Dior...than you dear Shypo
thud.gif
heart.gif

I think I want the blush & ls

Dominique33

Paradoxal was rapidly sold out when launched, I think they are many dupes now. My fav are Rouge Carat, Frenzy or the Jeans Collection but I won't buy anymore ( 22 € here each bottle ), I much prefer the Essie nail polishes so classy and long-wearing ( 10 € to 12 € each bottle here which is still expensive and the OPI are 13/14 € and not available on line anymore, online they costed 10 € ). I am not a big NPA but I love nail polishes !
pompom.gif
That means ( soon.. ) Off to a big haul ! :)

Shypo

Good to know my budding Zoya investment will be worth it ;). I've only recently begun doing my nails again after many years, so I'm a bit of a novice on the scene. I've collected several Chanel polishes over the last couple of years based on my tastes, but also find that I love the color variety that Zoya has to offer, so I'm happy to know that you ladies' experiences have been good with them!

Shypo

Just checked out the new 2013 Dior...than you dear Shypo
thud.gif
heart.gif

I think I want the blush & ls
My bow palette and 2 quints arrived today....that bow is just too stinkin' cute! The colors remind me of the ones in Tailleur Bar, but I don't care.
love.gif

Speaking of blush, have you seen the new EL blush in Tease? It just came out today - an online exclusive......

BuickMackane

Paradoxal was rapidly sold out when launched, I think they are many dupes now. My fav are Rouge Carat, Frenzy or the Jeans Collection but I won't buy anymore ( 22 € here each bottle ), I much prefer the Essie nail polishes so classy and long-wearing ( 10 € to 12 € each bottle here which is still expensive and the OPI are 13/14 € and not available on line anymore, online they costed 10 € ). I am not a big NPA but I love nail polishes !
pompom.gif
That means ( soon.. ) Off to a big haul ! :)
Oh but OPI are online!
sneaky.gif
angelic.gif

Anneri

Good to know my budding Zoya investment will be worth it ;).  I've only recently begun doing my nails again after many years, so I'm a bit of a novice on the scene.  I've collected several Chanel polishes over the last couple of years based on my tastes, but also find that I love the color variety that Zoya has to offer, so I'm happy to know that you ladies' experiences have been good with them!
Do come over to the nail polish discussion thread, Shypo! We're all mad there. *g*

elegant-one

My bow palette and 2 quints arrived today....that bow is just too stinkin' cute! The colors remind me of the ones in Tailleur Bar, but I don't care.
love.gif

Speaking of blush, have you seen the new EL blush in Tease? It just came out today - an online exclusive......
No, I haven't seen that blush, but will in a sec........

Oh, I agree, that bow is so adorable! I wish I could see a swatch of the blush

EDIT: I just ordered Dior Pink Happiness Blush
heart.gif
Love the name too.

elegant-one

I used MACs new Haute Altitude lipstick over a very lightly filled in Rubellite liner (all over my lips) & it is GORGEOUS! I'm sure there are a bunch of lipstick colors that will work this way over it.

Rads

Not sure if this has been posted earlier

http://bella-shmella.com/vesna-chanel-v-vogue-japan/#more-8244

elegant-one

Not sure if this has been posted earlier

http://bella-shmella.com/vesna-chanel-v-vogue-japan/#more-8244
Oh my GOSH...those are ALL Gorgeous!!! Wish I could read what it is
eyelove.gif

Thats the spring launch? Different colors? I need to know what is on her lips in the 2nd pic, L favorite?..... Is it really our spring collection? It looks different.

2nd pic - what are her eyes rimmed/lined with? Or Rose??? Anyone have OR that can say if it is.

Rads

Oh my GOSH...those are ALL Gorgeous!!! Wish I could read what it is
eyelove.gif

Thats the spring launch? Different colors? I need to know what is on her lips in the 2nd pic, L favorite?....like need to know. Is it really our spring collection? It looks different.

2nd pic - what are her eyes rimmed/lined with? Or Rose??? Anyone have OR that can say if it is.
I have no idea, but everything was just so pretty I had to copy-paste it here :D :D I tried the translate button on the right corner top..in case you haven't tried that yet..though I think the makeup breakdown is in the photos (well something is there on the photos) and that's not going to be translated :(

elegant-one

Where is Ingenue? I want to know if that is Or Rose in the second pic.

I am so impatient...I ordered OR. Those pics are amazing & I would love to have the MU breakdown that they used in each one.

CartoonChic

Good to know my budding Zoya investment will be worth it ;). I've only recently begun doing my nails again after many years, so I'm a bit of a novice on the scene. I've collected several Chanel polishes over the last couple of years based on my tastes, but also find that I love the color variety that Zoya has to offer, so I'm happy to know that you ladies' experiences have been good with them!
If you didn't know, Zoya is having a promotion for 3 free nail polishes on their website. You just pay $10 for shipping, but you could get free shipping if you spend at least $25.

http://www.temptalia.com/deal-alert-get-3-zoya-nail-polishes-free-just-pay-sh

I also agree with Anneri. Come play in the nail polish thread.
flower.gif