Chanel Spring 2015

awickedshape

[@]sarabeautime[/@]'s reviews http://www.colormeloud.com/2014/12/chanel-les-4-ombres-236-tisse-fantaisie.html?m=1 http://www.colormeloud.com/2014/12/chanel-les-4-ombres-238-tisse-paris.html?m=1

laurennnxox

Do any of you lovely ladies have swatch pictures (yours or other bloggers you've found) of the Crazy Fuchsia glossimer? I've only seen Temptalia's swatch. TIA!! :)

EllaS

I can't even believe it but I think I'm returning Badine! I'm shocked by how bad it is (on me). I have bathed my lips in moisture for the last 24 hours and honestly they're pretty good now. And I am STILL having serious issues with the formula. It's collecting EVERYWHERE. In the corners of my mouth? That NEVER happens to me. On flakes that aren't even there? Seriously I'll see it collecting and rub my finger over it and there's not even an actual flake there. I have tried balm, no balm and my Guerlain KissKiss Liplift primer and nothing fixes it. Literally after about 15 minutes the color seems to break apart on my bottom lip and that's when it collects everywhere it shouldn't and looks ridiculously patchy all over the lip.

Has anyone else tried this yet? I sometimes have issues with lipsticks picking up on dry spots but this level of dysfunction is very unusual for me!

Medgal07

Ah, great minds think alike Meddy
friends.gif
Audace and Sensuel were going to be my next 2 picks ;-)
That's hysterical Ella--- I was eyeing Sensuel too!!!!
friends.gif

Medgal07

I can't even believe it but I think I'm returning Badine! I'm shocked by how bad it is (on me). I have bathed my lips in moisture for the last 24 hours and honestly they're pretty good now. And I am STILL having serious issues with the formula. It's collecting EVERYWHERE. In the corners of my mouth? That NEVER happens to me. On flakes that aren't even there? Seriously I'll see it collecting and rub my finger over it and there's not even an actual flake there. I have tried balm, no balm and my Guerlain KissKiss Liplift primer and nothing fixes it. Literally after about 15 minutes the color seems to break apart on my bottom lip and that's when it collects everywhere it shouldn't and looks ridiculously patchy all over the lip.

Has anyone else tried this yet? I sometimes have issues with lipsticks picking up on dry spots but this level of dysfunction is very unusual for me!
OMG----I haven't tried mine yet, but because of the issues that you're having with it I'm now eager to, sooner than later. I'll let you know!!!

laurennnxox

Has anyone had a problem with Chanel's quads like this? I find some swatch really well and pigmented on my hand with my fingertip, but then barely show up on the lid with a brush (and I use primer!) While I really like Tisse Fantaisie, I am finding this to be true of this quad. It takes a loooot of building up.

Medgal07

While I really like Tisse Fantaisie, I am finding this to be true of this quad. It takes a loooot of building up.
I haven't yet worn either of my spring palettes Lauren. What brush are you using? Also, can these be used with a damp brush? If so you might want to do that.
My go-to brush for Chanel eyeshadows is the MAC 215. It's dense and really picks up product well.

laurennnxox

[COLOR=0000FF]   I haven't yet worn either of my spring palettes Lauren.  What brush are you using?  Also, can these be used with a damp brush?  If so you might want to do that.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   My go-to brush for Chanel eyeshadows is the MAC 215.  It's dense and really picks up product well.[/COLOR]
I use a lot of the sephora "pro" brand. Likely not the best. I'll have to try out a mac brush. Maybe I'll pick up some after the holidays. I haven't any. I know, a little embarrassing :haha: i do have some denser brushes, though. I can try that in the mean time.

Medgal07

I use a lot of the sephora "pro" brand. Likely not the best. I'll have to try out a mac brush. Maybe I'll pick up some after the holidays. I haven't any. I know, a little embarrassing
girlhaha.gif
i do have some denser brushes, though. I can try that in the mean time.
Sometimes the right brush does make all the difference.

EllaS

OMG----I haven't tried mine yet, but because of the issues that you're having with it I'm now eager to, sooner than later. I'll let you know!!!
I'm curious how it goes! I think part of the problem is that because it's sheer I tend to really layer it on, and that means there's a lot more product on my lips to slip around. Tarababyz on Instagram told me she used Charlotte Tilbury lip cheat liner underneath and she thinks that may have helped with patchiness, although wear time still wasn't great - 2/3 hrs.

EllaS

I use a lot of the sephora "pro" brand. Likely not the best. I'll have to try out a mac brush. Maybe I'll pick up some after the holidays. I haven't any. I know, a little embarrassing
girlhaha.gif
i do have some denser brushes, though. I can try that in the mean time.
Well if it makes you feel better I only have 1 Mac brush! LOL. I have the #242 which is supposed to be great for packing on color - and it's fine. I'm not over the moon but it does better than anything I had. For cream shadows I still prefer my finger. Actually if I can manage to stop spending all my money on lipstick for a second I am going to invest in some nicer brushes as well.

Haven't tried Tisse Fantaisie yet but will let you know how the 242 fares with it :)

starletta8

Wearing my initial two selections today....

Paradiso is a nasty little bugger in terms of formula, isn't it? Color ultimately is lovely, but I failed miserably with application. Back to the end of the line it goes with the other polishes that drive me batty.

Wearing Etourdie today because I needed a pick-me-up. Not quite what I was expecting with the hand swatch, but it's nice. These RCS ultimately look very similar on me.

Medgal07

Wearing my initial two selections today....

Paradiso is a nasty little bugger in terms of formula, isn't it? Color ultimately is lovely, but I failed miserably with application. Back to the end of the line it goes with the other polishes that drive me batty.

Wearing Etourdie today because I needed a pick-me-up. Not quite what I was expecting with the hand swatch, but it's nice. These RCS ultimately look very similar on me.
Did you see the swatches of Paradisio in this thread, along with application tips?

laurennnxox

Well if it makes you feel better I only have 1 Mac brush! LOL. I have the #242 which is supposed to be great for packing on color - and it's fine. I'm not over the moon but it does better than anything I had. For cream shadows I still prefer my finger. Actually if I can manage to stop spending all my money on lipstick for a second I am going to invest in some nicer brushes as well.  Haven't tried Tisse Fantaisie yet but will let you know how the 242 fares with it :)
Too funny! I am the *exact* way right now :haha: I still have some newly purchased lippies I haven't gotten around to, yet, and I still keep buying!! I look forward to hearing how it works out for you! :)