Chanel Spring 2015

shontay07108

I'm glad you're loving "La pet"!! What else are you considering? I definitely dislike hovercraft SAs. It really makes me uneasy. It truly makes me want to say "no thank you" and go order online! I like to browse by myself. SAs always try to push products or colors on me. I appreciate suggestions, but if I say no thanks, please understand! Haha. I once had an SA keep showing me different natural pink lipsticks. I said, "Well, they're pretty but I came over here to look at dark red ones" and she was all: "Oh. Well I guess if you must go with your taste.. Those are pretty vampy" And acted like she knew what was best for my face, and didn't want to consider my preferences. It really put me off, and I generally avoid that counter now. Luckily my mall has many Chanel counters. I feel like 2 or 3 of the big department stores have one. 
The weird thing is she wasn't saying much. She was just..there. Seemed like a perfectly nice lady, though. I think I want that fuchsia glossimer. I've missed the more opaque glossimers, so I better jump on it while it's here.

Medgal07

I was tempted to order just for the free overnight. Nordies usually takes an eternity to arrive.

Did you get La Romanesque lipstick? It looks fab on Mallory1712 on Youtube.

http://youtu.be/OCQmaxwXglE
Oh I sure did. I got it with my first order!!! It's beautiful.

Medgal07

I feel like I haven't bought Chanel in forever. Nothing has caught my eye lately, but my parents gave me some gift cards to Macy's (why can't it ever be Nordstroms?) and I saw this collection at the Chanel counter. La Petillante called out to me. There was no refusing it. I would've bought more probably, but the saleslady was all over me. She was determined to make a sale and somehow thought that standing right over my shoulder was the way to do it. She was like 'let me know if you need anything' and then just never moved. I hate that!
th_crazy.gif
I'll go back and look at some other Chanel stuff next week probably. I'm so giddy about La Petillante.
pompom.gif
I got that one too!!! I hate when SAs breathe down your neck. How can they possibly think that's a good shopping experience. It makes me anxious, and I
always feel rushed. My strategy is to go in-store once, meet an SA and then order through that person, by phone, if & when necessary. It helped with this collection
because the collection was on counter at Nordstrom before it was online, and a day is like a dog year in makeup land. I couldn't wait!

As for Macy's, they appeared to have the collection on line. I ordered several things and only got one---in fact it was a NP that was supposed to ship separately.
When I checked the status of my order it said the items were backordered until Jan 7th. Well I don't think they actually had them and failed to indicate up front that
they were backordered. I was so annoyed. I canceled the order and just ended up with a NP, shipped for free and the GWP that was based on the dollar amount that
I would have spent, had I not canceled my order.

Medgal07

I just caught my breath from laughter. This whole time, I thought the "buy the entire collection" button was fictitious. Like just a joke for those who were buying everything. And then I see on Chanel... *the* button!! I feel so silly
girlhaha.gif
I got a good laugh from that one. One day I'll be pressing that button!
lmao.gif
I wasn't kidding when I said there were 22 items in the collection, totaling $817.00. Lauren, did you think I made that up?
girlhaha.gif
There's no way I could wear Vitalumiére in Soft Bisque or any of the shades offered in that line, which is part of the collection.

Medgal07

No, I always get their packages super quickly. This is a UPS problem - they messed up at a sorting facility in my state.
Geez. Did you see on the news, a FedEx truck flying down a highway in Colorado,with the doors on the back of
the truck wide open? Packages were falling out of the truck, bouncing and rolling on the highway. One motorist
considered getting out to get some of the packages but instead decided to catch up to the truck and tell the driver
about the open door. He did catch up to him. The FedEx driver lost his job!

EllaS

Has anyone tried the Rouge Double Intensity Lip Colors or the Precision Lip Definers from this collection? I've never tried the double intensity formula but "coral dream" looks like it would be a nice shade. I just don't know anything about the formula. Keeping with the coral theme, the Capucine lip liner interested me but I haven't heard a peep about it!

Medgal07

Has anyone tried the Rouge Double Intensity Lip Colors or the Precision Lip Definers from this collection? I've never tried the double intensity formula but "coral dream" looks like it would be a nice shade. I just don't know anything about the formula. Keeping with the coral theme, the Capucine lip liner interested me but I haven't heard a peep about it!
I've never tried the RDILCs nor heard much talk about them for that matter.
I got Capucine with my first order from this collection but I and haven't even taken it out of the box.
I love these particular lipliners.

EllaS

I've never tried the RDILCs nor heard much talk about them for that matter.
I got Capucine with my first order from this collection but I and haven't even taken it out of the box.
I love these particular lipliners.
I never paid them any attention but I was looking at the whole collection up on Nordies and saw them and wondered why I never heard about them. A brief google/youtube search landed me on one blogger who raved about them (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfe2cuJdhsU#t=601) and said they were extremely long-lasting, in the realm of the YSL Glossy Stains (which I personally love). So I thought I'd investigate!

Do you think you could layer the glossimer Fleur D'eau over capucine? Do they seem similar in color? I have Desinvolte and they are spot on and layerable, but both quite sheer. Just exploring options because Fleur D'eau is too sheer for my liking and I probably wouldn't wear it alone.

tarotcafe

I really love the formula for the RDILC and it's pretty frustrating to look for swatches online because they definitely aren't as popular as other Chanel lip products. I'd say the formula is pretty comparable to the rest of the liquid lip stains on the market. So if you're into lip stains then you'd like this formula. I find it to be one of the better ones. I think it just wears down really well which is a huge plus in my book. Sometimes the rouge allure velvets can settle into cracks and whatnot but these don't do that. The formula is less thick than the Hourglass opaque rouges but thicker than the Armani lip maestro (but also has less slip than the lip maestro). Feels slightly tacky when you first apply it but it dries down satin/matte without the gloss at the other end. Very long lasting. I like the gloss at the other end as well. Basically I love them.... I have three.
Happy Holidays everyone!

Medgal07

I never paid them any attention but I was looking at the whole collection up on Nordies and saw them and wondered why I never heard about them. A brief google/youtube search landed me on one blogger who raved about them (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfe2cuJdhsU#t=601) and said they were extremely long-lasting, in the realm of the YSL Glossy Stains (which I personally love). So I thought I'd investigate!

Do you think you could layer the glossimer Fleur D'eau over capucine? Do they seem similar in color? I have Desinvolte and they are spot on and layerable, but both quite sheer. Just exploring options because Fleur D'eau is too sheer for my liking and I probably wouldn't wear it alone.
I guess I never looked into them because I'm not a staunch gloss lover, I NEVER wear them on their own and
ALWAYS layer them when I do wear them.

I opened Fleur D'Eau & Capucine just for you Ella. I first layered them on my hand and I wasn't too certain.
Then I swatched them side by side on white tissue paper, and they look good together. I then looked at my hand
and wow...they seemingly melted into each other and look really pretty after sitting for a moment. So, your
answer is YES!!!

EllaS

I guess I never looked into them because I'm not a staunch gloss lover, I NEVER wear them on their own and
ALWAYS layer them when I do wear them.

I opened Fleur D'Eau & Capucine just for you Ella. I first layered them on my hand and I wasn't too certain.
Then I swatched them side by side on white tissue paper, and they look good together. I then looked at my hand
and wow...they seemingly melted into each other and look really pretty after sitting for a moment. So, your
answer is YES!!!
Awww I keep making you break into your goodies early! First Badine and now these! Well I realllllly thank you for doing it
friends.gif

I have stayed away from glosses for awhile but I'm trying to diversify *just* a little. If the gloss is opaque enough, I would wear it solo but obviously this glossimer is not. I also am not a lip liner girl. Historically I have found them drying, but I have not tried the Chanel formula. And again in the interest of expanding my options I want to get a few liners that I could layer over. Sounds like capucine might be a good investment!

MissTania

Ella, this is for you. I promised to let you know about Badine. I'm wearing it and I LOVE it!!! It's such a soft girly pink. I exfoliated my lips this morning per
my usual morning routine and put my usual lip balm, Herbivore Botanical Lip Butter. I wear that until I'm today to put on my makeup. I then put on Chanel
Rouge Coco Baume Hydrant and bloted before lining and filling my lips with Chanel Sonic Pink, Le Crayon Lèvres Precision Lip Definer, 70 and then put
on Badine. It's very cloudy today so this iPad pic is in artificial light. As you know, Badine is brighter IRL.

Gorgeous Meddy
heart.gif
! Thank you for posting. I'm keen to check out Badine in person!

Medgal07

Thank you!! It sounds like something I might like, and the way you describe the formula sounds perfect. Maybe I'll try this one and see how I like it. So strange it's not more popular in the blogosphere!

Awww I keep making you break into your goodies early! First Badine and now these! Well I realllllly thank you for doing it
friends.gif

I have stayed away from glosses for awhile but I'm trying to diversify *just* a little. If the gloss is opaque enough, I would wear it solo but obviously this glossimer is not. I also am not a lip liner girl. Historically I have found them drying, but I have not tried the Chanel formula. And again in the interest of expanding my options I want to get a few liners that I could layer over. Sounds like capucine might be a good investment!
Oh I didn't mind at all.
friends.gif
We were in the throws of a pink lipstick challenge, so it actually worked out just fine.

I enjoy the Chanel lip liners. One end is the pencil and the other end is a lip brush. A Chanel pencil sharpener comes with it. I think Capucine is a great place to start!