Chanel Summer 2012

peanut

Planetmartha has some great comparison swatches of the new blushes! Her skin is so gorgeous!! I just got Malice today. It looks quite similar to Fleur de Lotus, but Fleur de Lotus has a bit more pink in it and is more pastel. Malice is coral but it might have a hint of red or rose in it.

http://planetmartha.blogspot.com/

Winthrop44

Yep, that is the perfect desciption of Malice vs Fleur de Lotus imo too! Malice works so much better on me....

peanut

Yep, that is the perfect desciption of Malice vs Fleur de Lotus imo too! Malice works so much better on me....
So glad you're liking it! I can't wait to try it out tomorrow in earnest. I usually buy slightly warm-toned blushes, but I've been a pink mood lately. With the free shipping, I'd love to get either Tumulte or the new Pink Explosion. I loved the old Pink Explosion, but not the formula.

mac_aiken

I asked my Nordies Chanel counter manager if they thought they would get the summer collection in April. She said they would get it before then and she is expecting it any time now.

Winthrop44

So glad you're liking it! I can't wait to try it out tomorrow in earnest. I usually buy slightly warm-toned blushes, but I've been a pink mood lately. With the free shipping, I'd love to get either Tumulte or the new Pink Explosion. I loved the old Pink Explosion, but not the formula.

The new PE is really beautiful. You should get it!
poke.gif
But so is Tumulte...
heart.gif

Haven

Now you are in my "neck of the woods." I recommend a shopping excursion to South Coast Plaza (if you haven't already been there) in addition to Fashion Island in NB. SCP has a lot of high end stores like LV, Chanel, Gucci, Tiffany, CL, etc.. There is also a Nordstroms & Bloomingdales with the Chanel studio. I must admit that the Chanel "studio" doesn't really impress me that much - it looks like a larger version of your standard Chanel cosmetics counter. The SAs are really nice though. There is also a large & well stocked Sephora right next door to Bloomingdales and a MAC pro store on the other side of the mall.

Sometimes DH hides my AMEX before I venture to SCP.

Haven

My Fleur de Lotus CP just arrived. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Do I also need Malice? (I want it & need some enabling - LOL)

I actually want 3 of the new JCs (I can pass on the plum one) plus the new foundation compact, but that seems like a lot to get in such a short time. Do I really need a total of 4 new JC's? Probably not!

Haven

Thanks guys.... We found out I was pregnant on Christmas Eve which was such a great time for this news. I also turned 30 last month so this has been a great year so far. Baby's due Aug 28th and I'll know in 3 weeks if it's a girl or a boy :) Since now I'm about 17 weeks, the morning sickness has passed and I feel pretty great. I also haven't gained my weigtht or belly yet so it's a fun period for me...

I haven't really been into shopping since I found out but I do want to get myself some Chanel summer for sure. My Chanel items are the ones I always go back to. Cannot wait for this collection, so my previous wishlist + Malice :p

congrat.gif

Winthrop44

My Fleur de Lotus CP just arrived.  I haven't had a chance to try it yet.  Do I also need Malice?  (I want it & need some enabling - LOL) 

I actually want 3 of the new JCs (I can pass on the plum one) plus the new foundation compact, but that seems like a lot to get in such a short time.  Do I really need a total of 4 new JC's?  Probably not!
Yes. They are all really beautiful!

Bonitinha

Now you are in my "neck of the woods." I recommend a shopping excursion to South Coast Plaza (if you haven't already been there) in addition to Fashion Island in NB. SCP has a lot of high end stores like LV, Chanel, Gucci, Tiffany, CL, etc.. There is also a Nordstroms & Bloomingdales with the Chanel studio. I must admit that the Chanel "studio" doesn't really impress me that much - it looks like a larger version of your standard Chanel cosmetics counter. The SAs are really nice though. There is also a large & well stocked Sephora right next door to Bloomingdales and a MAC pro store on the other side of the mall.

Sometimes DH hides my AMEX before I venture to SCP.

We are loving it here! The first day we checked out the Balboa and Newport Piers and little surrounding shops. Yesterday we went to Huntington Beach and the shops -- my girls liked the surf vibe there.
I cannot wait to get to FI and will have to see if we can hit up SCP also! We don't have the really high end department stores where I live, so it will be fun. I will be sprinting to the Chanel counter :)
We still have Laguna beach, Crystal Cove, and Corona del Mar on our agenda. So beautiful here!

QueenOfSnark

Even though I'm drooling over the summer pics, I'm pretty sure I may just walk away with nothing. Maaaybe I'll get the eye kohl if it works as an under-eye highlight. Calypso looks like a MAC gloss I still have plenty of (Luscious Spark), Holiday doesn't look like anything OPI hasn't released, and I'm pretty sure the bronzer and RCSes won't show up on me. That's fine though, I still need to pick up a bottle of Distraction at some point.

katred

Specktra Bestie
So far, the most tempting things from this collection seem to be Calypso (which looks so rich in the swatches) and that shadow duo I can't seem to stop thinking about, even though it doesn't look especially unique...

Miss QQ

I want the eyeshadow duo too! I wonder if the kohl will show up on me. En Vogue is really pretty and the bronzer looks beautiful on her!

Shadowy Lady

So far, the most tempting things from this collection seem to be Calypso (which looks so rich in the swatches) and that shadow duo I can't seem to stop thinking about, even though it doesn't look especially unique...

I have the exact thought...though I think I'll get it coz I know I'll use it a lot!

elegant-one

Got my Malice blush today
eyelove.gif
it is so BEAUTIFUL on!!!! Its THE perfect coral for me.

Thanks to all of you who talked me into it
heart.gif