Chanel Summer 2012

Bonitinha

I just got the new MAC lipglass in Angel
love.gif
It makes my lips the sweetest perfect pale nude with baby pink. The color I wish I was born with. And, it actually covers my pigmented lips.

Michelle dear - you would LOVE this shade.
I've been looking at those sets online! I love Angel l/s wit different glosses on top, so looks like I need the Angel gloss too. Did you like any other sets?

I got my package today! Paradis lilpstick and Calypso glossimer. They look so pretty! I had already done my makeup and was dashing out the door to lunch. As soon as I got home I tried them out -- so pretty!

Partymarty -- stop it with the gorgeous bronzer swatches! ha just kidding. They look beautiful -- just trying to resist!!

elegant-one

Yes, I liked a few of the other colors - Please Me, Snob & Russian Red. Maybe I should get the Angel np too...hmmm

Mexican Rose is so gorgeous on the lips. I looked at a bunch of pics of it on various people & it looked great on everyone. Temptalia has great pics of it ;)

So much makeup.

I'm really hoping that Sable Rose looks pretty on me.

Is Paradis going to work for you?

Bonitinha

^^Well, I'll have to haul myself over to MAC then! :) Yes, Paradis is really pretty. I really liked the texture, too. I was trying to decide if it looks like a lot of other lippies I have. When I put Calypso on top, it gave it more of a coral pop. We are getting to the point of having so many shades, it is hard to find colors that are always totally unique!

Miss QQ

I played with the mac sets too and almost bought Angel l/g. No summer collection at the chanel counter yet, and I got a mailer saying the new glossimers & nps collection will be launched next week. It is strange as the summer collection should launch around this time, so either the summer collection will be pushed back, or it will launch together with the glossimers. I saw Dior summer already, though not all the testers are in. The bronzers are beautiful! Can't decide if I need the bronzers, but I bought Orange Pareo.
winks.gif

Bonitinha

MissQQ -- I want to go check out Dior also. I really want that Aqua np and I am dying to see the bronzers, just because they look so cute in the pan! There is a YSL bronzer that looks pretty matte that I want to see as well. Rarely do bronzers look good on me, but I'm always looking anyways :)

Miss QQ

^^ The packaging of the Dior bronzers are stunning! I like them because they look very metallic and symmetrical, and feels heavy but sleek and the closure is magnetic. I feel like I want to pass Chanel bronzer this year and get the Dior instead. I saw pics of the YSL bronzers too, but no YSL counters here for me. The aqua np from Dior is darker than Nouvelle Vague.

Rinstar

I finally just ordered Calypso. That's it for me from this collection. I'm staying strong and skipping the RCS. I also decided to skip the bronzers, the swatches haven't been too tempting for some reason.

I did also pick up Jalousie, since I've been wanting that too! Yay for Glossimers!

elegant-one

This is really pretty on! For me, its the best no bronzer/no makeup look ever. Just subtle rose warmth. It perks my skin up. Great for days where you don't want to do mu but need something on to go out the door.

^ Best color representation

^ The color is faded a bit in this pic, but I thought it showed the beautiful subtle shimmer

elegant-one

My wallet has already gone through a whole box of tissues these last few days
cry.gif
lol.gif

I was thinking...when I swatched the bronzers at Macys the first time, they were really
dirty/heavily swatched/gross & maybe that's why the color was so off.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Did anyone get the nude eye pencil? How do you like it? The review on Café Makeup wasn't too impressive.
oh.gif

I think I will only get Holiday n/p from this collection. I wanted to get a nice bronzer this summer, the Chanel ones look good, but I don't get the feeling that I want to buy one. The Guerlain Pucci one had me really interested, but the price tag is crazy.
icon_eek.gif
I ordered Soft Sand Bronzing Powder from MAC's Hey Sailor collection today,
and I finally received my Lovecloud blush today, it is so pretty! My favorite blush this year so far. Still waiting for Full of Joy and Modern Mandarin, shipping from the US takes forever recently.

Ernie

I didn't like the eye pencil at all, it was too golden and not deep enough for me. It was also a little hard to apply.

Just a picture I saw and liked:

Ernie

This is really pretty on! For me, its the best no bronzer/no makeup look ever. Just subtle rose warmth. It perks my skin up. Great for days where you don't want to do mu but need something on to go out the door.

^ Best color representation

^ The color is faded a bit in this pic, but I thought it showed the beautiful subtle shimmer
Pretty right? Are you getting the other one?

elegant-one

Ernie - Should I wear those tri-color lips
greengrin.gif
The top gold line looks like it was drawn on with those metallic gold markers.

It is very very pretty on. I can see myself throwing this on every day its so wearable. I don't think I will get the other one.

Winthrop44

Thanks for the pics. It looks really pretty. Are you wearing it like a blush or like a bronzer in terms of placement?

elegant-one

I just swept it up over my cheekbones, across my forehead, nose & chin slightly. I did it a little heavier on my cheeks like a blush.
Thanks!

Ernie

Quote:

Ernie - Should I wear those tri-color lips
greengrin.gif
The top gold line looks like it was drawn on with those metallic gold markers.

It is very very pretty on. I can see myself throwing this on every day its so wearable. I don't think I will get the other one.

I might have done those lips in my twenties! I remember using white mascara, and Madeleine Mono had these fabulous loose sparkly powders that I would wear over lipstick. And do you remember Stagelight "Blue Roses" ?
eeksign.gif

elegant-one

I might have done those lips in my twenties! I remember using white mascara, and Madeleine Mono had these fabulous loose sparkly powders that I would wear over lipstick. And do you remember Stagelight "Blue Roses" ?
eeksign.gif
No, but I do remember the white mascara & sparkly powders
thud.gif

Bonitinha

Elegant -- those pictures of the bronzer are so pretty!! I am full swing in moving mode, or I would be ordering them right now!