Chanel Summer 2012

Shadowy Lady

Elegant - you always have the best pics! I can't wait for this collection to be released here. Now that I got my tan during my vacation I need summer stuff. Though the weather here is pretty much still cold. Gray and raint everyday :(

Ernie - those lips are gorgeous! I haven't done a gradiant lip in a while and the pic you posted has got me inspired now.

Ingenue

Did anyone get the nude eye pencil? How do you like it? The review on Café Makeup wasn't too impressive.
oh.gif

I think I will only get Holiday n/p from this collection. I wanted to get a nice bronzer this summer, the Chanel ones look good, but I don't get the feeling that I want to buy one. The Guerlain Pucci one had me really interested, but the price tag is crazy.
icon_eek.gif
I ordered Soft Sand Bronzing Powder from MAC's Hey Sailor collection today,
and I finally received my Lovecloud blush today, it is so pretty! My favorite blush this year so far. Still waiting for Full of Joy and Modern Mandarin, shipping from the US takes forever recently.
I really like the eye pencil because it adds 'light' and warmth for me when I put it on. I actually found it flattering on all but the palest of skin tones (I've already used it at work several times).

I want to see how the Holiday nail polish stacks up against NARS Lal Mirchi. I got Holiday, but I think that Island and Delight are my favorites. I know I'll wear those more than Holiday, for sure.

elegant-one

I had to go to a last minute meeting today so I wore Sable Rose with MAC's Tete a Tint es with a little darker smashbox brown shadow just above the crease, VS Total Fox el only on the top line Chanel mascara & Chanel Enthusiast ls. Its was such a fast simple almost no makeup makeup look. Loved it. Very natural looking. And, I actually loved the color of the bronzer in all lighting in all mirrors
lol.gif
You know how that goes....don't you guys
sigh.gif

Winthrop - our son & his wife are visiting friends in VA (Richmond area) this weekend to celebrate their 6th wedding anniversary
love.gif
So cute - he texted me to say that they were just entering Richmond. Awww

Bonitinha

I had to go to a last minute meeting today so I wore Sable Rose with MAC's Tete a Tint es with a little darker smashbox brown shadow just above the crease, VS Total Fox el only on the top line Chanel mascara & Chanel Enthusiast ls. Its was such a fast simple almost no makeup makeup look. Loved it. Very natural looking. And, I actually loved the color of the bronzer in all lighting in all mirrors
lol.gif
You know how that goes....don't you guys
sigh.gif
I don't have Tete a Tint, but it has been on my list forever. I also keep forgetting to go check out Total Fox! I am going to the mall on Saturday (you guessed it, for lunch at Cheesecake Factory ;)), so I need to swing by VS. Why do I have a feeling I will own Sable Rose by month's end??

elegant-one

Oh Michelle, I hope you get a chance to check the new things out. Yes, $7 for Total Fox or 4 for $20. I bough the darker Cocoa brown & a black today. Just be careful that you do not get the glitter ones because the pencils look the same but the ones I like say Precision not Glitter.
Hey, eat some cheesecake for me lol.
At least you can stay with your parents while you new house is being built.

That look sounds lovely! Love Lovecloud

katred

Specktra Bestie
I just saw the collection for the first time yesterday. I didn't have a chance to swatch everything in detail, but I have to say that the duo is even more lovely than I'd imagined. Incredibly rich colours- an absolute must-have for me!

makeupmonster

So I asked a question about the bronzers at Cafe Makeup and she said that the Rose one would be a good option for my NW22 ish skintone. I put that back on the list coz I loved the swatches :D by the time this collection is released in Canada, I prob change my list a million times, hahah!

Makeup Monster - I think anyone should be able to pull off a bronzer as long as you use the right shade and blend it well into your skin, temples, forehead and jawbone. For me, the lighter I am, the more I use bronzers as I feel I need them more. My sister is super duper pale (like NW5 or so in MAC, she can hardly ever find a foundation light enough for her), yet she wears a bronzer everyday. She's become the bronzer master and it looks excellent on her. Anyway the Sable Rose doesn't erven look like a bronzer, more like a blush to me.

Partymartyw - thank you for your great swatches...you are tempting me to go back and expand my wishlist again.

Elegant - yay for sable rose! I'm gonna get that one too :)
Thanks for the info Shadowy Lady. :) I think I have been convinced to pick up Rose Sable and practice, practice, practice! Nothing like a gorgeous product to make the effort seem worth it. ;D

MzzRach

The Duo eyeshadow is by far my fave in this collection. It's gorgeous!!!

I ended up getting both bronzers, and they are pretty, but TBH I prefer the bronzers that Chanel did for Summer 2011. IMO they have more "pop".

MACina

iagree.gif
.....I loooooooooooove Bronze Rose!!!

It is such a perfect mix of bronzer and rosy blush.
The Duo eyeshadow is by far my fave in this collection. It's gorgeous!!!

I ended up getting both bronzers, and they are pretty, but TBH I prefer the bronzers that Chanel did for Summer 2011. IMO they have more "pop".

jRoxy13

I got Sable Rose yesterday and wore it for the first time today. As soon as I put it on, it reminded me of JC in #02 Rose Bronze, so I did a little comparison. It turns out they're not close at all, it's just the shimmer is the same. Sable Rose does look a bit more rosy on my cheeks than it does in these swatches, though! I also compared with last year's bronzer, #547 Bronze Rose. Bronze Rose is darker and rosier, with no shimmer, although it still does give off a luminous quality. I added Dior's bronzer from last year Aurora, just for fun! It's orange-r and less shimmery, but it does give a definite glow on the face. It's probably my favorite no makeup summer bronzer! Happy surprise, I layered JC Rose Bronze over Aurora, and it looks extremely similar to Bronze Rose! It has a bit more shimmer, but they're very close, so if you missed out or are getting low, this is a dupey option!

It is gloomy and raining here in MN right now, but here are my pics (most of the pics are indirect natural light, the second one is indoors in artificial light):

e605736b_bronzers4.jpeg
0289bcee_bronzers3.jpeg

jRoxy13

hmmmm from the swatches I like Rose Bronze more as it's "rosier"
Yeah, I agree if you have Rose Bronze and another shimmery bronzer, you probably don't need Sable Rose. I have been wearing Sable Rose though, since it's new and shiny, and it's really pretty when I add Rose Bronze just to the apples of my cheeks.

Ikram

Fow now

I have decided to pass on the entire collection. I wanted one of the new bronzers, but I realized that I have too many bronzer/blush products and only 1 real brown bronzer Nars Laguna, whereI am finishing up last bits.
I own Rose Bronze from last year, JC Bronze Rose, Dior Aurora, Guerlain Terracota in Brunettes and Too Faces Pink Leopard which are all blushy bronzers and couple of Milani Illuminating powders/bronzers. But when it comes to actual brown bronzers to use for contouring I am almost blank. SO I will get one of the plain brown bronzers instead. Maybe Too Faced Chocolate Soleil or Edward Bess.

Not crazy about anything else in the collex. Love Island polish but bet the bottle color will not translate on the nails.

JulieDiva

Fow now

I have decided to pass on the entire collection. I wanted one of the new bronzers, but I realized that I have too many bronzer/blush products and only 1 real brown bronzer Nars Laguna, whereI am finishing up last bits.
I own Rose Bronze from last year, JC Bronze Rose, Dior Aurora, Guerlain Terracota in Brunettes and Too Faces Pink Leopard which are all blushy bronzers and couple of Milani Illuminating powders/bronzers. But when it comes to actual brown bronzers to use for contouring I am almost blank. SO I will get one of the plain brown bronzers instead. Maybe Too Faced Chocolate Soleil or Edward Bess.

Not crazy about anything else in the collex. Love Island polish but bet the bottle color will not translate on the nails.

I am skipping Chanel Summer also.

I LOVE Diors summer line, and have purchased 2 bronzing powders, 2 lippies, Auora shadow quad, 2 nail polishes....Chanel's just isn't wowing me.
I also am dying for Guerlain's Pucci collection!!

Ikram

I am skipping Chanel Summer also.

I LOVE Diors summer line, and have purchased 2 bronzing powders, 2 lippies, Auora shadow quad, 2 nail polishes....Chanel's just isn't wowing me.
I also am dying for Guerlain's Pucci collection!!
Pucci collex is wonderfull.

I got Meteorites Pearls, the blue brush and the quad. Gorgeous. Chanel should step up with their old plain boring compacts, at least sometimes for limited editions. It gets too hard after a while to locate correct product in the sea of same black chanel compacts. I am still debating the Terra Azura bronzing powder as I have Sephora gift card.