Chanel Summer 2012

Miss QQ

I finally bought the duo today! I love how the shadows shimmer in the pan, and I hope the shimmers translate on my eyes. I am passing everything else and saving my money for the fall collection!

jmarie

Miss QQ, I can't wit to hear how you like the duo. I was going to get it however, I got side tracked by Shiseido's Fire trio. The trio is
yahoo.gif

mjacqueline

From the Summer collection, I bought Sable Rose, Sable Emouvant and En Vogue RCS. I couldn't help myself. SE has the loveliest texture, very pigmented. I feel that the shimmers are subtle not OTT.

NinaE

I finally bought the duo today! I love how the shadows shimmer in the pan, and I hope the shimmers translate on my eyes. I am passing everything else and saving my money for the fall collection!
Did you get the result you wanted ? I did not get the shimmer to show up on the eye but the color is nice and it did last all day on me with a base underneath.

Miss QQ

Miss QQ, I can't wit to hear how you like the duo. I was going to get it however, I got side tracked by Shiseido's Fire trio. The trio is
yahoo.gif
I googled Fire and it looks great for summer. Enjoy! Does shiseido eyeshadow last long and how is the pigmentation? I've not own any of them yet.

I am wearing the duo today. The shimmers of the brown show up just a little. The lighter shade is a golden beige on me. Overall it is a warm look, and I'm not sure how much I like it on me yet, but the pigmentation is fantastic and the powder is very fine and smooth.

jmarie

I googled Fire and it looks great for summer. Enjoy! Does shiseido eyeshadow last long and how is the pigmentation? I've not own any of them yet.

I am wearing the duo today. The shimmers of the brown show up just a little. The lighter shade is a golden beige on me. Overall it is a warm look, and I'm not sure how much I like it on me yet, but the pigmentation is fantastic and the powder is very fine and smooth.
Fire is my first Shiseido purchase. The pigmentation is great and the shadows are smooth not chalky. I always use a shadow base so, I am not sure about the longevity of the shadows by themselves.

Maybe try a cool base color underneath the duo to balance out the warmth. I hope the duo ends up working for you.

bis

I googled Fire and it looks great for summer. Enjoy! Does shiseido eyeshadow last long and how is the pigmentation? I've not own any of them yet. I am wearing the duo today. The shimmers of the brown show up just a little. The lighter shade is a golden beige on me. Overall it is a warm look, and I'm not sure how much I like it on me yet, but the pigmentation is fantastic and the powder is very fine and smooth.
I have exactly the same "problem", I think on me the duo overall looks warm, although it's not really a warm duo. Maybe brown so often reads warm to me? What base are you using?

jmarie

I use MAC's Painterly Paint Pot sometimes because it has pink in it so, it makes warmer shadows look less warm. Also, you could try a cool pink cream shadow underneath the duo.

Shadowy Lady

The duo is not super warm on me, it's more neutral I would say. It's probably because my undertones are neutral to cool though. I love complimenting the duo with Nars Cordura duo (which btw I find much warmer).

No more makeup purchases for me till fall. Getting excited about the fall collections as I'm not a fan of summer generally. Heat and humidity are my enemies....

Miss QQ

I don't have any cool pink cream base. I wore the duo with Epatant today - Epatent on lid, the brown on outer lid and crease, and lighter shade under brow bone and on inner lid. Epatent is shimmery so the look is shimmery and since I use less of the brown, the look is less warm.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I finally got around to purchasing Sable Emouvante. It is everything I wanted it to be and more. The texture is phenomenal. It's neutral enough that I can wear it anywhere, but still distinct from other browns/ neutrals I own.

gracie90

Quote:
I finally got around to purchasing Sable Emouvante. It is everything I wanted it to be and more. The texture is phenomenal. It's neutral enough that I can wear it anywhere, but still distinct from other browns/ neutrals I own.
I love it
heart.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I wore SE yesterday both day and night and I love it. I did find that the darker colour faded, but it was brutally hot the entire time, so I'm impressed there was anything left at all. I just love how this looks and how it can go from super-subtle to sultry and smoky. I can totally see myself living in this all summer.

Here's a peek at how it looked:

Shypo

Gorgeous Kate!!! Love it!

HG, we did Malice, but not SE....do you need me to pick that up? It is the perfect duo!!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks Shypo and Miss QQ! The cheeks are Nars Torrid and the lips are Mac lipglass in Prrr. That gloss is one of Mac's "unsung heroes" as Karen from Makeup and Beauty Blog would say. I have never met a neutral/ peach gloss that looked as nice on me.

I had pretty high expectations of Sable Emouvante and it more than met them. What truly surprises me is that I don't seem to have close dupes already. You wouldn't think that the shades were as unique as they evidently are. I should have a proper review up this week on the blog.

Shypo

^^ ITA!! Torrid looks amazing on you!! Prrr doesn't look that good on me - Saran Wrap lips and all.......
nope.gif
kissy.gif