Chanel Summer 2012

JulieDiva

I ended up getting Delight and the Sable Beige bronzer. The SA told me that the upcoming fall and holiday collections are incredible. She was going to show me everything but, we forgot. I will go next week and ask to see it.
OOOH, I can't hardly wait to hear your report!!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quick and dirty swatches/pics.

Very color accurate, although in some lights Delight is more true gold, rather than taupe-y gold. Some people expressed concern that Holiday was an orange-red. I would say it's not, just kind of a mid-tone burn orange. It's gorgeous. I'm very happy with the Vernis this season.

Rouge Coco Shine in #447 En Vogue.

Rouge Coco Shine in #437 Empreinte.

Both the RCS' have a bit more slippy texture, and seem less opaque than the others. I'm not very happy with En Vogue, because my lips are moderately pigmented, so the sheerer finish changes the color. It's not a color I'll reach for often. I'm unsure of Empreinte, since I have yet to wear it on the lips. I know many people don't like RCS, but I am pretty pigment shy on my lips, because I'm scared I look garish with too bold a lip (not on others, just myself), so I love them and they're perfect for me.

Comparisons:

7b577820_Untitled7.jpeg

En Vogue is very similar to Flirt, but sheerer and more patchy, which you can see in the center of the swatch. This is probably 5-6 passes on my arm of En Vogue. It's about 2 passes for the other colors. Flirt is a bit more of a peach coral and more opaque. I love Flirt. Calypso is beautiful!

You can see from my product picture, that both Royallieu and Évasion oxidize on me and turn a brighter pink. Again, Empreinte is more sheer than these, although Royallieu is still sheerer than many of the other RCS. Empreinte took 6-7 passes, while Royallieu is probably 3, and Évasion 2. I'm hoping that Empreinte will be what I wanted Royallieu and Boy to be, a subtly corpse-lips-ifying shade. Edited to add, I wore Empreinte today, and I really like it. I would say Christine at Temptalia's review is very accurate, except my lips are naturally coral/pink, so it tones that down a bit without making me look ghoulish - it looks like I have pretty rose-nude lips.

Because Évasion looks much darker than the other two, I thought I'd show that it's still light in the RCS lineup. Misia and Flirt are mislabeled in this pic; they should be switched.

Also, I thought this was funny. I love Neiman Marcus's customer service in-store, over the phone, and dealing with any online issues, but this was the $200 or more Chanel GWP from the NeimanMarcus.com:

Hahaha, so lame NM. Hope this helps you guys out!

P.S. I don't know why it lets you click on some of the pictures, but not all of them. Sorry!
Possibly off-topic, but what colour is that on your nails? Is that from the Guerlain summer collection? It's byoooo-tiful.

Shadowy Lady

I ended up getting Delight and Holiday n/p and the eyeshadow duo. The bronzer didn't impress me much in person and I also didn't like Island n/p...it was a bit too soft and sheer for my liking. I love everything I bought though, wore the duo on my eyes today with Holiday on my nails and Teheran RC on the lips :)

jRoxy13

Possibly off-topic, but what colour is that on your nails? Is that from the Guerlain summer collection? It's byoooo-tiful.
It's Rescue Beauty Lounge in IKB:2012. It is gorgeous, but it was a pain in the butt to apply! Check out Revlon Royal.

Anneri

I got Sable Rose this weekend. I was on a mini-vacation in The Netherlands, and I went into a store to get some Bourjois mascaras which you can't get in Germany any more. My wonderful boyfriend who went into the store with me then saw a sign and kindly told me that there was a special offer for two or more makeup products which got a 25% discount. I got Sable Rose then for 25% off and was full of bliss for the rest of the afternoon. Of course now I regret that I didn't get the Duo...

jRoxy13

Let me know if this is not allowed, but I put up swatches and comparisons of Chanel Le Vernis in #607 Delight on my blog a few days ago (here). It wore really well; it was hard to get off this morning - no tipwear at all! I am wearing #617 Holiday today and I ADORE it. There are more pictures on my blog (here). Here is my quick Instagram picture of it:

It has a filter which makes it look a bit more red than it is. IRL it's a gorgeous burn orange. It reminds me of OPI in On the Same Paige from the Summer Brights 2009 "Paige Denim" collection (here's Scrangie's swatch), but I never bought that one. I can't remember which review said it was thick, but I didn't find it thick at all. It was a smooth, easy two coats, it went exactly where I placed it, and it dried glossy and even, no streaks.

Winthrop44

Thanks for all the fantastic pictures and comparisons jRoxy13.

I'm wearing Paradis RC today - what a beautiful shade it is!

cutemiauw

I got the Island np. It reminds me a lot of pinky sheen seashells. Yes it could be streaky when applied without a base, but it seemed to be holding up perfectly with a base + two coats :).

gracie90

Is this collection out in the UK yet? I didn't even realise it existed but I want so much and hope it's still available somewhere
cry.gif

gracie90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naynadine I got an email yesterday from the Garden Pharmacy that they now have the collection in stock.

Chanel - Summer Collection - CHANEL - Make-up and Skin Care

I'm sure it's still availbale in other stores as well.

Thanks so much! I am planning on going to town later to run around all the Chanel counters (there are 4!)
I really really want Sable Rose and Sable/Emouvant! Any other things I should check out?

Dominique33

Maybe the nail polish Holiday, a very bright orange/red ? Or a Coco Shine ? This is a small collection, it will be easy for you to choose !

gracie90

Yay! I bought SR and SE today for 10% off :) they're so pretty! Now to pick up some of the Roses Ultimes glossimers...