Chanel Summer 2012

Monsy

can you please make a swatch of Malice?

I'm not sure if this if the right place for this but.....Chanel has some new and repromoted JC blushed.

I think Pink Explosion and Plum Attraction are the repromotes. The new ones are Malice and Tumulte. My local Blue Mercury had these and they are displayed with the new foundation (don't recall the name). Tumulte is pink, it was a little too blue-based pink for me...compared to Pink Explosion it doesn't appear to be very pigmented. I picked up Malice - I'm not sure how to describe this. It's a deeper, brighter peach than Espiegle. Maybe a little red in it? Sorry but it's one of those colors that are hard to put into words but I think it will look great w/the summer colors.

EngineerBarbie

I was at Nordstrom yesterday and they had just put the new blushes out. I tried Malice, fell head over heels in love and took it home. They did have a GWP which is a mini Rouge Coco, a Sublimage and I also got a gardenia bookmark.

I'll see if I can do a quick swatch but it'll have to wait until after the season finale of The Walking Dead.

QueenOfSnark

I'm reading that the new JCs are the US formula!
Boo, can't wear them then, the US formula breaks me out. :/ I might just have to let Chanel go aside from lippies and eye stuff, everything else seems to hate my face. Shame because Malice looks right up my alley.

shadowaddict

I just went ahead and and ordered online. I called my store after I got the email to make sure they were doing it in store also and the sales person didn't think so. She asked her manager and she said for me to bring in the email or email it to her. Ordering online was just easier than all that especially with free shipping.

The email linked my straight to the beauty specials. I went on the site just now and didn't see the special anywhere so I typed in Butter London and put 2 BL n/p in my cart and the free one did show up in my cart.

Winthrop44

I'm sorry QoS. I know the feeling.

The names of the new blushes are interesting. Apparently there was a Rouge Hydrabase lipstick named Malice...but it was a cool neutral rose. I'm wondering if Tumulte is supposed to be reminiscent of Turbulent given the similar angst-y names and the bright pink shades of both?
lol.gif
I'll be interested in seeing comparison swatches...if they're anything alike. Having not seen Tumulte in person I really don't know.

cutemiauw

Hi Astrid :) I hear ya. I need to see swatches of everything before I buy. I have cut back some on my makeup purchases this year (but I have been buying more bags and clothes, so who am I kidding??) -- I've only been buying the things that I absolutely love. So I can't wait to see if I will be in love with the bronzers and lippies. I think the e/s duo looks great, too.
So am I (hence my absence in Specktra for a while). I need a wardrobe update! Besides, I seemed to get more summery stuff vs winter stuff for clothing anyways. I've never used bronzers before, curious to see if this one could make me convert :D.

I don't think we have any new collection here (at least per last Saturday)... I don't know, maybe it's time for me to try out a new Chanel blush?
girlhaha.gif

Bonitinha

So am I (hence my absence in Specktra for a while). I need a wardrobe update! Besides, I seemed to get more summery stuff vs winter stuff for clothing anyways. I've never used bronzers before, curious to see if this one could make me convert :D.

I don't think we have any new collection here (at least per last Saturday)... I don't know, maybe it's time for me to try out a new Chanel blush?
girlhaha.gif
I don't use traditional bronzers -- but I absolutely loved last years Bronze Rose. Yes, I think you should try out a new blush :)

ElvenEyes

Those blushes are gorgeous! They did not have them at my Chanel counter at Nordstrom's this Friday. They are still selling the spring collection off. I did pick up a few RCS's in Bonheur, Chance and Fetiche, and a bottle of Coco Mademoiselle and need to go back because I fell in love with Chanel Chance!

Winthrop44

The blushes and the new Vitalumiere Aqua compact (although shades are very limited - I wonder if that will be it???) are up on Chanel.com now. Tumulte looks like a warmer pink in their swatch.

Shadowy Lady

I don't use traditional bronzers -- but I absolutely loved last years Bronze Rose. Yes, I think you should try out a new blush :)

I'm the opposit of you two...I'm a bronzer addict! I wear one everyday and have many favourites on the go. The less tanned I am, the more I feel like I need to wear one. I yet have to buy a Chanel bronzer though... most of mine are Nars and Lancome (in powder, liquid and cream form)

Bonitinha

^^Shadowy -- I think it is just because I don't know how to apply a bronzer correctly ;) I need to find the right shade for me -- the hunt is on!

Shadowy Lady

^^Shadowy -- I think it is just because I don't know how to apply a bronzer correctly ;)  I need to find the right shade for me -- the hunt is on!
You can try a cream bronzer as they are very forgiving in terms of application. I know this is the wrong thread by Nars South Beach Multiple is a great example. It comes in a stick and you just dot it on then spread with your fingers. It works on super pale to darker ladies as you can build the pigmentation as you like. One of those products I carry in my purse all the time. Also you know I find the bronzer that are less "brown" work better for me personally (easier with NW skintone). So I go for more of a terracotta kinda shade. Guerlain has an amazing range of bronzers. They also divide them by skin shade and undertone. I have their shade 02 and works great summer and winter for me and the formula is amazing! Anyway, I shall get the purple bronzer in this collection....it will be a welcome addition to my stash :)

Bonitinha

^^ I will start paying more attention to bronzers. I have heard the Dior one is good also. I'm excited to see swatches of the bronzers from this collection! I called the Nordies at Fashion Island in SoCal and of course they aren't doing a GWP with their Chanel counter right now. Bummer! Hopefully they'll have the new blushes!

Monsy

Dior bronzers are often said to be very orangey. they are coming out with a new reformulated range of Nude bronzers if you want the best- go with Guerlain

mac_aiken

PBI re bronzers. Hate them usually as I always end up looking Snooki orange. Dior made a TM years ago in their Dior Bronze line. They had a shade called Blonde which was perfect for someone as pale as I am. Warmth with no sign of orange. Gorgeous. Of course it has since been dc'd and I have yet to find a suitable replacement. I did buy the 2 Chanel bronzers from last year and they are pretty. I tend to wear them more as blush and contour than all over. Lately I find myself reaching most often for MAC How Beautiful b/p for a bit of warmth.

Bonitinha

I'm interested in the new Dior nude bronzers and I'll for sure check out Guerlain. I think the Dior one that I heard raves about it the Honey Matte 002, which is the lighter of the two. I haven't seen it in person, but I'm going to make the rounds at the counters soon :)